• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Need Replacement Ingredient for Today's Show

In summary, Amanda was unsuccessful in finding Lipton Recipe Secrets Savory Herb with Garlic at local stores. She found a substitute using a dry onion soup mix and fresh ingredients.
Amanda_RI
Gold Member
I'm making the Mediterranean Cafe Salad that we had a few years back, and it calls for Lipton Recipe Secrets Savory Herb with Garlic. My host can't find the ingredient. I'll leave early and hit a few stores near me, but if I can't find it, what should I get?

THANK YOU!

Amanda

They stopped making that YEARS ago, which bummed me out 'cuz I used it all the time. I never found anything similar, so I can't really help with that! Sorry!

I found these ideas on Substitute for Savory Herb & Garlic | eHow.com hope this helps

Dry Soup Mix

A dry substitute is easy to compose with pantry staples. This mix is based on a Dry Onion Soup Mix on the Web site Ellen's Kitchen: 7 ounces chicken boullion granules, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/8 cup onion powder, 1/8 cup garlic powder, 2 tablespoons each dried parsley, rosemary, sage and thyme, 1 tablespoon sugar. This recipe yields about 10 ounces of mix; use 2 ounces as a substitute for one packet of commercial dry soup mix. This substitute should work well in cold applications, such as dips.

Fresh Ingredient Base

A base of fresh ingredients would make an easy substitute in recipes for soup, stew, meatloaf and vegetable recipes. Start with 2 teaspoons each finely chopped fresh herbs of your choice (rosemary, sage, parsley and thyme are a classic combination); 1 tablespoon minced garlic; salt; pepper; and enough oil or pan spray for sautéeing. Heat the oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the herbs, salt and pepper and saute for another 20 seconds or so. Add this mixture to your recipe.

Find Another Product

Another dry soup mix or dip mix can easily by modified to be a substitute for Savory Herb & Garlic Soup Mix. Add fresh or powdered garlic and herbs to an onion soup mix or a vegetable soup mix and use as directed in a recipe. Even if the pantry is short on spices and herbs, a cube or two of bouillion alone will add flavor to a recipe that calls for dry soup mix.

Read more: Substitute for Savory Herb & Garlic | eHow.com Substitute for Savory Herb & Garlic | eHow.com

Have you thought about combining the Good Seasonings dressing mix Sarvory Herb with a Garlic mix? I use the Savory Herb for my roasts and I am sure there is a garlic one somewhere or maybe add garlic powder.

All good ideas--thanks!

The fact is, I still find the Savory Herb & Garlic here in RI, but only sometimes. When I see it, I usually buy 4 or 5 boxes! I'm going to run to a few stores for my host before the show, but I'll use the good seasonings idea if I can't find it! Thanks!!!

Amanda

I walked into Wal-Mart--they had like, 30 boxes of it.:) So I picked up 8, and hopefully that will hold me over for a while!

JEALOUS! must not covet, must not covet...

Nikke, would you like me to pick you up a few boxes?

Amanda_RI said:
Nikke, would you like me to pick you up a few boxes?

Hi, Amanda...I've actually thought quite a bite about that concept since I learned you could still get where you live, but the reality is I've learned to season without it, and while I do periodically think about how great this or that dish would be if I had the product, I actually like my adjusted recipes better. So I think I'll pass on it for now. I'd hate to have to go thru withdrawals again!

Thanks for the offer though!

I understand! :)

Perhaps if you emailed the test kitchen, they could offer a substitution using some of our own PC pantry seasonings, too! It's never a bad idea, after all, to promote those at a show!
;0)

1. What do I do if I don't have the recommended ingredient for today's show?

If you don't have the recommended ingredient, don't worry! You can substitute it with a similar ingredient or try using a different recipe from our collection.

2. Can I use a different brand of the recommended ingredient?

Yes, you can use a different brand of the recommended ingredient. However, please note that the taste and texture of the dish may vary slightly.

3. Is there a list of possible replacements for the recommended ingredient?

Yes, we have a list of possible replacements for the recommended ingredient. Please reach out to your consultant for the list.

4. Can I make the dish without the recommended ingredient?

Yes, you can make the dish without the recommended ingredient. However, please keep in mind that the taste and texture of the dish may be different from the original recipe.

5. How can I prevent running out of the recommended ingredient for future shows?

To prevent running out of the recommended ingredient for future shows, we recommend stocking up on pantry staples and checking your ingredients before each show. You can also consult with your consultant for tips on ingredient substitutions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • tig_536
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Mel92504
  • GeorgiaPeach