1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Help need ideas for MOPS group

1. nancycookspc

nancycookspc Member Gold Member

I was asked to do a demo for a MOPS group-
    MOTHERS OF PRE SCHOOLERS

THey have a THEME :eek:
    Making Home a Joyful Place

Hmmm......
    We are talking 2-5yr olds

I REALLY wanted to promote the DCB as the time saver. Do you have any ideas?

If I can incorperate the kids or at least suggest the kids could help would be a benefit.

thanks
    nancy

Apr 20, 2009
  2. You could choose a quick kid friendly casserole that uses tools like the Food Chopper and My Safe Cutter ultimately being prepared in the DCB, this way the kids could do the steps including those tools while the mothers did the rest with the DCB?!?

Maybe do a search for a microwave friendly mac n cheese recipe in our archives? That would me my approach anyway. :)

Apr 20, 2009
  3. Jessamary

Jessamary Member

I'm a member of MOPS, and are you sure the kids are going to be there? At our meetings, the kids are in another room (or rooms) with volunteers to watch them.

Definitely do the DCB and talk about the half hour of peace and quiet the moms might have in a day (maybe when Dora is on?), and how they can relax AND cook dinner at the same time.

Apr 20, 2009
  4. nancycookspc

nancycookspc Member Gold Member

Kids will be in another room- But I wanted to give some ideas to possibly get the kids to help

Apr 20, 2009
  5. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

My 3 year old loves to stand on a chair beside me when I cook. He loves to stir. I would love for me to let him crack eggs, but that was the biggest mess last time I let him.

6. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Check the "files" section for Kid documents. You'll pull up several. Maybe start with one like "Cooking with Kids- Tips hints and recipes.doc" - it breaks tips down by age brackets. You can search on Cooking With Kids too and pull up a few. I downloaded this one to develop a Kids Cooking class, but I'm sure you can glean some good stuff here too.

Good luck and have fun. Remember what most moms of preschoolers REALLY want- simple peace and the ability to make a decent dinner in a short amount of time- not so much to involve the kiddies. :D (least, that's how I remember it!)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
    Apr 20, 2009
  7. MWCOOKIN

MWCOOKIN Novice Member Gold Member

Do...
    Everything you can do with the cut n seal...sandwiches, pies, pizza, perrogies, ravioli, egg roll pocket.

Family time making pbj sandwiches to freeze like the smuckers ones but the cut & seal is about the same price as a box of theirs. Make an assembly line, use scoop for pnb, measuring spoon for jelly, put the top on, put in sandwich zip freezer bag or seal a meal.

Pizzas... Kids can help with many of the safer products, spread sauce with large spreader, measure all cup to measure sauce, grate cheese, do a veggie pizza and grate carrot, chop peppers finely the kids will eat cause they helped and the vegies do not have the regular shape.

30 minute chicken for fun play dates with no cooking worry.

Good luck!!!

Apr 28, 2009
  8. MWCOOKIN

MWCOOKIN Novice Member Gold Member

Here are some mothers day tags for your website, emails, displays

mothers day is may 10th.

Great gifts for the mom's in your life...

Heart trivit $13.00...thank you for
    surronding me with love mom.

Chip & dip set.. #2393 $19.50
    i'm glad to be a chip off the old block!

Collapsible bowls...# 1294,2799,2792
    my admiration for you grows each day

any measuring item... Can't measure my love
    for you.

Quick stir pitcher#2271 $16.50,2276 22.50,
    (filled with tea bags/tubs) relax and have a cup of tea with me.

Out door tumblers.. #2826 $25.50
    thank you for kissing the ouch when i
    took a tumble.

Any dots collection... Thank you for
    dotting my life with love,

dots trio bowl fill with hugs & kisses candy,
    hugs & kisses mom!

Any spices... Thank you for spicing up my
    youth.

Any recipe book... You are the recipe for a
    great mom!

Any cutting edge item or grater...any way