• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Bakers: Fun Dessert Ideas for a Board Game Celebration

In summary, the expert says that she is thinking of making Dice cupcakes, but is not sure how easy or hard it is to make them. She also thinks of making a checkerboard cake, but with round cut outs for checkers instead of the square cut outs that she saw on chowhound. Finally, she has an idea that would involve the kids more, and involves them making Banana Sundaes and having one side decorated with only red stuff and the other side with only blue stuff.
jennc112
I am doing a mini-show at my son's school for a little celebration ending the board game club. I wanted to make some kind of cute dessert to tie into the whole board game theme but can not think of anything. I was thinking maybe something like Dice cupcakes...does anyone have any other ideas?

I am part of a bunco group, and had a friend make mini cake truffels shaped as diced, everyone raved about them..

I'm thinking one of those checker board cakes (you know, the chocolate and white cakes with the checkered pattern), but I've never tried making it, so don't know how easy or hard it is to make.

I saw a recipe on chowhound recently for adorable brownies and of course I can't find them now... but I'll give you the synopsis. They baked a pan of regular brownies, and a pan of white chocolate brownies. They cut the brownies into equally sized squares. They took a cookie cutter (in their case it was a heart) and cut the centers out of the brownies. They put a light center in a dark brownie and vice versa. They placed the brownies on a tray in a checkerboard pattern.I can see doing the same thing, but with round cut outs for checkers... leave some brownies whole for the middle of the board... could work.

what about cutting a sheet cake to make it square and making it:
candyland (sides could be assorted candies) or
monoploy use assorted gummy pieces of candy for playing pieces (I know they have cherries, cokes bottles, sharks etc) If you have a candy store you can but indiv pieces

scrabble board and pipe letters on starbursts for the tiles

Well, I have an idea, but it would involve the kids more...not sure if that was what you wanted to do or not. Instead of coming in with something pre-made, you could have the kids make Banana Sundaes, and have one side decorate with only red stuff and the other side with only blue stuff (not sure what colors you would want to pick) but have them chop nuts with the chopper, and slice strawberries with the egg slicer, scoop ice cream with the scooper, etc.

1. What tools do I need to be a creative baker?

As a creative baker, you will need basic tools such as mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a stand or hand mixer, baking pans, and various utensils like spatulas and whisks. However, to take your baking to the next level, you may also want to invest in specialty tools like piping bags, decorating tips, and stencils.

2. How can I come up with new and unique baking ideas?

There are many ways to find inspiration for new and creative baking ideas. You can try experimenting with different flavor combinations, looking at baking blogs and social media for inspiration, or attending baking classes and workshops. You can also try incorporating different cultural or seasonal themes into your baking for a unique touch.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid as a creative baker?

One common mistake to avoid as a creative baker is not following the recipe or measurements accurately. Baking is a science, and even small deviations can result in a failed recipe. Another mistake is not properly preparing your ingredients or not giving them enough time to come to room temperature. Finally, remember to always taste and adjust your flavors as needed.

4. Can I still be a creative baker if I have dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! There are many ways to be a creative baker while still accommodating dietary restrictions. You can try using alternative flours, sugars, and fats for gluten-free or vegan baking. You can also experiment with different fruits and vegetables for added flavor and nutrition. There are also many resources and recipes available specifically for those with dietary restrictions.

5. How can I improve my decorating skills as a creative baker?

Practice makes perfect when it comes to decorating as a creative baker. Start by mastering basic techniques such as piping, frosting, and using fondant. You can also watch online tutorials and attend classes to learn new techniques and tricks. Don't be afraid to experiment and have fun with your decorating, and remember that it's okay if it's not perfect - it's all part of the learning process!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sandilou
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sandilou
Replies