• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! My Deep Covered Baker Wont Come Clean

In summary, Sarah is having trouble getting the red sauce out of her DCB and is worried about the show she has tonight. She tries a variety of solutions including baking soda paste and lemon, but they all fail. Sheila suggests using liquid dishwasher soap and the quick dissolve tabs.
sarahsworld2000
Hi guys. I made Mexican Chickan Lasagna in my DCB and even though I rinsed it right away, I cannot get the red sauce to come out! I have been scrapping and cleaning it for two days and it wont come out. I have a show tonight to make the Rocky Road Brownie Dessert and I am terrified it wont taste right! Any ideas?
Thanks,
Sarah

I believe one of the selling points of our stoneware is that you won't get any taste from previously cooked/baked items. For example, you can make fish and then make cookies without any problem. It should be fine.

Try a baking soda paste.

The red sauce does that. It will discolor the lid to the Food Chopper too when guests drop it in the bowl of sauce where the tortillas were dipped. I had to buy a new lid! Don't worry about the color inside the DCB, it won't affect the flavor of the next food. It's fine. BUT, for future reference, get the 10 oz cans, and use 2 green & 1 red. It's MUCH better than all red. (Just don't use all 30 oz, as it will be a bit runny.)

bake something in it for your family, the red will come out when you use it 1-2 times. Mine gets a red stain when I do the Autumn Apple Cherry crisp.

You guys are the best!! I did the baking soda vinegar mix and it came out and no longer smells like red sauce. Phew what a relief. :)

Sheila said:
The red sauce does that. It will discolor the lid to the Food Chopper too when guests drop it in the bowl of sauce where the tortillas were dipped. I had to buy a new lid!

I just use straight dishwasher detergent on stained plastics. (like tea in my QSP and tomato on my chopper) Wear gloves if you have sensitive skin. Dab some on a sponge or wet paper towel and the stain wipes right off.

Now for the stoneware, I use a baking soda paste.

I keep the little quick dissolve tabs. I don't even have the liquid in my house. Guess I'll have to consider buying some! LOL Thanks for the tip! :D

Sheila - use the quick dissolve tabs with 1/4 cup water. Presto; you have liquid dishwasher soap.I rub fresh lemon on white plastics to remove stains. I would do that with salt added to it to remove a stain from stoneware.

1. How do I clean my deep covered baker?

To clean your deep covered baker, start by soaking it in warm, soapy water for about 10-15 minutes. Then, use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to gently scrub away any stuck-on food. For tougher stains, you can create a paste using baking soda and water and let it sit on the stain for a few minutes before scrubbing. Rinse the baker thoroughly and dry it with a soft towel.

2. Can I put my deep covered baker in the dishwasher?

Yes, the deep covered baker is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing it to preserve the integrity of the baker and prevent any potential damage from harsh dishwasher chemicals.

3. My deep covered baker has a burnt or stuck-on residue, how do I remove it?

If your deep covered baker has a stubborn burnt or stuck-on residue, you can try filling it with warm water and a few drops of dish soap, then bring it to a boil on the stovetop. Let it simmer for a few minutes, then allow it to cool before washing it as usual. This should help loosen the residue and make it easier to clean.

4. Is it safe to use metal utensils in my deep covered baker?

No, we do not recommend using metal utensils in your deep covered baker as they can scratch or damage the coating. Instead, use wooden, silicone, or plastic utensils to prevent any potential damage.

5. Can I use my deep covered baker in the oven?

Yes, the deep covered baker is safe to use in the oven up to 450°F. However, do not use it on the stovetop, under the broiler, or on the grill. Also, make sure not to place the baker in a preheated oven, as this can cause damage to the baker and potentially lead to cracking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • baychef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • easytoprepare