1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Help Motivate New Recruit!!!

1. gilchrist_pchef

gilchrist_pchef Member

I have a recruit who I know has the possibility to be AMAZING! She just doesn't realize it. She goes to a huge church, has a large supportive family, and her children are very active in all kinds of activities and she still tells me that she can't find anyone who will have shows for her. I think like most people she has the fear of coming across being pushy and may need a little confidence boost. I guess I am super optimisic when it comes to PC; it has been sooooooo awesome in so many ways for me and I know it can be so great for her too! How can I help motivate her to get talking to people about PC. I know she can be SUPER SUCCESSFUL. I just need some tips from some of you awesome recruiters.

2. cheflorraine

cheflorraine Member Gold Member

How about even suggesting that she always bring a PC recipe in a PC dish (stoneware) to any get-together... when people LOVE the recipe, that's a great lead-in to saying... it's a PC recipe, etc...

Nov 12, 2009
  3. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Legacy Member Gold Member

Has she had a Grand Opening show? If she can get these people to attend a show, she'll have the opportunity to share the benefits of booking their own show (and do an in-person plea for help starting her business). People will book. If you have one, let her borrow your booking slide as this will make it easier to discuss the benefits.

Nov 13, 2009
  4. PCJenni

PCJenni Veteran Member

Have a grand opening on 2 days, a friday night and a Saturday afternoon for example. You go and you do her first show for her and you get her the booking and recruits leads. It is much easier for you to ask her friends and faamily and you will show her that they are interested and you are not pushy. Lead by example

Nov 14, 2009
  5. gilchrist_pchef

gilchrist_pchef Member

Okay so we already had an open house and only 3 people showed up (and one was on her cell phone the whole time!). She was going to have a pretty good turn out but then a member of her church passed away and nobody came. Her mom did book a show off of that show, but it didn't turn up any bookings....so where do we go from here??? I am thinking a holiday open house???

6. cookingwithlove

cookingwithlove Advanced Member Gold Member

Sometimes family and friends just don't come through for us. What about finding some local fairs so she can get some leads outside of her circle? You can find Church and School Bazaars for ~$25 a table. This is how I started my business 5 years ago. I did not have any family and very few friends to help me.

7. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Check around your area and see if you can pull together a Christmas Vendor Fair yourself. See if a local church would like to host it and collect $10 per table plus 10% of sales to donate to the church's Christmas offering. That way you can have your own. Good luck!

Nov 16, 2009
Have something to add?