• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do I Do with My Facebook Now That I've Joined?

In summary, Facebook is a social networking site where people can communicate with each other. You can see the activities of your friends, and you can also see their walls. If you don't want to see certain conversations, you can block them.
chefann said:
I checked the help about a poke because I was wondering, too. That's a message that you send to someone. But you can send a poke to someone who isn't on your friends list, and it gives them temporary view access to your profile/wall, even if it's set to "friends only."

kinda like a one night stand?

Exactly. It's a profile peep show. :)

chefann said:
exactly. It's a profile peep show. :)

lmao!!

;)

SeeMe4PC said:
I am on Facebook, also. Had to eat my words since I cruelly harassed the DH when he created his account.

"What? Do you think you are 17, again? Seriously?", I taunted and groaned as he signed on EVERY night for hours.

He finally convinced me to create an account and now I have reconnected with high school buddies and neighbors from YEARS ago that I probably would have never thought of again. I truly enjoy it!

Not big into all the little messages like y'all referred to - just don't have enough time. I did them all at first but now just log on to catch up with local and out of town friends.

Look me up if you are interested - Tara Nieberding Newby Brown

P.S. Thank you so much to the cheffer that posted about the News Feed - I found that last week and could not remember for the life of me where it was - have been searching for days thinking I was crazy....

Tara......mine was reverse, I signed up and my DH gave me so much grief about it, now he is addicted to it and on it more than I am.

I love FB though, I have re-connected with so many people from school. Plus, our entire Sunday School class is on it, so we needed to sign up to stay in the loop!!!

I would love to have some Cheffers as friends...mine is listed under Lisa Pickler Wilhelm

Are you sure you want to mix Cheffers with your Sunday School Class??

pamperedlinda said:
Are you sure you want to mix Cheffers with your Sunday School Class??

It can't be any worse than my some of my neighbor's, my brother, or some of my friends from HS. Sometimes, I will see an update and just pray that people from my SS class don't look at my friends list on a regular basis :eek:
Luckily, they are all pretty good with that, they all realize that we do not have control over what other people say!!

I wish I had of came on here this morning when I was trying to adjust my feeds.Would've saved me a lot of looking!!! But I think I have it now.

I ignore some of the applications and some I do. It all depends on how much time I have at the moment.

I made fun of Russell for joining FB and now I am addicted to it!!

You can delete a friend after you add them b/c I did that not too long ago. It was one of Russell's neighbors from when he lived with his parents and he was weird!

Molly Jo said:
I just set up my facebook recently and I have figured out how to put pics on there, but how do I put one on for my profile pic??

When you are looking at the pic you want, on the bottom right hand corner below the pic click "make my profile." It will then take you to another screen so you can "crop" it and when you finish cropping it will make the pic your profile pic.

You can "friend" me too, I'm Stephanie Scavnicky

mine is Nikki Huval

You all crack me up! A profile peep show! I am Heather Vance Prayner if anyone wants to add me.

jrstephens said:
I wish I had of came on here this morning when I was trying to adjust my feeds.Would've saved me a lot of looking!!! But I think I have it now.

I ignore some of the applications and some I do. It all depends on how much time I have at the moment.

I made fun of Russell for joining FB and now I am addicted to it!!

You can delete a friend after you add them b/c I did that not too long ago. It was one of Russell's neighbors from when he lived with his parents and he was weird!

If you delete someone as your friend-do they know? Like, does a message go up on your wall or to them that says "x and y are no longer friends"? I would definately like to secretly de-friend a few people.

susan g said:
If you delete someone as your friend-do they know? Like, does a message go up on your wall or to them that says "x and y are no longer friends"? I would definately like to secretly de-friend a few people.

I was told they do not get a messgae but I do not know if I disappear from their friends list or not. Or if they just do not show up on mine any longer. He is still able to send messages but I do not see anything about him in any feeds and if he does send me a message I hit delete.

Here's a creepy contact for youThis is so STRANGE!!

My mother was married and had two children before marrying my father. Her first marriage broke up b/c he cheated on her and she caught him. Well, today the son of the woman who he cheated with and he's now married to but this is not their son sent me a message today if I was the same Jennifer that had a brother named Mike, blah blah.

Ok I am sorry but why would this man want to contact me!! Some people amaze me at the people they want to contact. I told him yes and then he sent another message talking about how long it had been since he had seen me. Well, I NEVER remember meeting him - had to call my mom to confirm who he was. I just replied and said to be honest with you i never remember meeting you. I will not allow him to add me as a friend if he tries! I didn't tell him that though. He has not sent anything else. Not to mention unless he has changed his is not a person I would want to be friends with.

I wanted to say yes I am the girl that would not be here today if your mom hadn't of broken up a marriage!!HAH!

nikki70563 said:
mine is Nikki Huval

There's 2 Nikki's and one Nicole on there. Which one are you?

jrstephens said:
I was told they do not get a messgae but I do not know if I disappear from their friends list or not. Or if they just do not show up on mine any longer. He is still able to send messages but I do not see anything about him in any feeds and if he does send me a message I hit delete.

You can block him so even if he sends you messages, the system blocks them and you don't even see them... I believe it is in your preferences...under security. If not you can send a question to facebook help...

pamperedlinda said:
I'm figuring fb out :D .....but, now I'm getting secret crush alerts and I have to pay to have it sent to my phone so I can see who it is - what the heck is that all about? How can opt out of getting that kind of crap?

you can block them in your preferences...

you all can add me too! andrea pancrazio

candiejayne said:
you all can add me too! andrea pancrazio

Which one are you - I found three.

3? really? wow! davenport network

If anybody feels like adding me I am Jennie Broderick

Jennie4PC said:
If anybody feels like adding me I am Jennie Broderick

There's 3 of you on FB Jennie. Which one are you?

the one in Salt lake city

wow, there are 3 of lots of people LOL! I never knew I shared the same name with anyone else!

Two show nothing and one has Jersey City NJ

I wonder how many of 'me' there are

Jodi what are you under? I will see if I can find you

Jodi McCullough Hayward Kingston Ontario.

It's so sad..the Jennie Broderick I clicked on says Jennie has no friends :(

I can tell you that is not me.
Just sent you a friend request

okay - wth is going on on fb? just when I start figuring it out they go and make 'enhancements'!!! argh!

Isn't that the way things always work? :D

It's like when you finally figure out where to find everything in the grocery store they rearrange everything.(Yes, I know that's to make me stay in the store longer. It's okay, though. I'm the one bebopping along singing with the muzak.)

raebates said:
It's like when you finally figure out where to find everything in the grocery store they rearrange everything.

(Yes, I know that's to make me stay in the store longer. It's okay, though. I'm the one bebopping along singing with the muzak.)

so true!

Wait... your grocery store has muzak? Lucky girl.... mine just has screaming kids...

oh wait I guess I can't complain if it is my kids that are screaming...

LOL!

LOL ever seen a 3 yo take down a 300+ lbs 6'+ male? yep, that was my BFs DD... I was mortified... I no longer take the kids grocery shopping with me!

You getting things figured out Linda? Mine still hasn't changed.

Last edited:
etteluap70PC said:
so true!

Wait... your grocery store has muzak? Lucky girl.... mine just has screaming kids...

Your grocery store doesn't have muzak? I thought all stores had "music" of some sort! Listen carefully next time, I bet they do!

candiejayne said:
LOL even seen a 3 yo take down a 300+ lbs 6'+ male? yep, that was my BFs DD... I was mortified... I no longer take the kids grocery shopping with me!You getting things figured out Linda? Mine still hasn't changed.
Hijack:Yesterday I just wanted to crawl into a hole and hide. Or at least hide my PC tote bag so people won't think I don't have my act put together. I hadn't been shopping in about 2 weeks due to crazy sickness in my house and our crazy schedule, my DH would just run real quick for a few things on his way home from work. I had major shopping to do, but DH has been working so late that by the time he comes home I'm to beat to go or would rather stay home with him and relax and watch our favorite TV shows. So yesterday I just had to go shopping during the day which meant I had to bring my 16 month old DD and my 3 1/2 yr. old DS. My 9 yr. old DD calls me from school saying she forgot her violin and was hoping I could bring it in. I figured I'd do that and then go grocery shopping since I'd be half way there. So this puts me at SuperWalmart at 11:45. I'm thinking that it's kind of close to lunch, but I'll get the kids a pretzel or we can snack on something while we shop to hold them over till we get home for lunch. Well, the baby was freaking out every time I put something she likes in the cart. She kept dropping her sippy cup. Then she was okay until we got to the end (1 1/2 hrs later---I told you I had a lot to get and Walmart is so big and spread out it takes so long to go through and get it all). I just kept trying to keep her happy, but then when we went to the check out she saw all the bright, shiny packaging of snacks and junk food and was reaching out just miserably like she just wanted everything, it was all I could do to hurry up and get out of there. She was so tired, poor thing. I knew as soon as she got in her car seat she'd zonk out, and she did. But I was so embarrassed in the line with everyone watching me and my poor little girl. They were probably thinking what on earth is she dragging around these poor kids for when it's obviously lunch and nap time. That's when I apologized to the cashier and explained that it was either hurry up and try to get it done now, or come back with 4 kids when school gets out! LOL :rolleyes: :blushing: So, no luck with my PC tote bag yesterday! :rolleyes:

<h2>1. What is the purpose of Facebook?</h2><p>Facebook is a social networking platform that allows you to connect and communicate with friends, family, and acquaintances. It also serves as a platform for sharing photos, videos, and other updates with your network.</p><h2>2. How do I manage my newsfeed?</h2><p>Your newsfeed is where you see updates from your friends and pages you follow. You can customize your newsfeed by unfollowing or hiding posts from certain people or pages. You can also prioritize whose posts you want to see first by using the “See First” option.</p><h2>3. What is the “status thingy” and how does it work?</h2><p>The status update feature allows you to share short updates, photos, and videos with your friends and followers. Your status updates will appear on your profile and in your friends’ newsfeeds. You can control who sees your status updates by adjusting your privacy settings.</p><h2>4. Can I control who sees my posts?</h2><p>Yes, you can control who sees your posts by adjusting your privacy settings. You can choose to make your posts public, visible to friends only, or visible to a custom list of people. You can also choose to exclude certain people from seeing your posts.</p><h2>5. What else can I do on Facebook?</h2><p>Besides connecting with friends and sharing updates, Facebook also offers various features such as joining groups, creating events, playing games, and shopping on the marketplace. You can also use Facebook to keep up with the latest news and trends, and even find job opportunities.</p>

1. What is the purpose of Facebook?

Facebook is a social networking platform that allows you to connect and communicate with friends, family, and acquaintances. It also serves as a platform for sharing photos, videos, and other updates with your network.

2. How do I manage my newsfeed?

Your newsfeed is where you see updates from your friends and pages you follow. You can customize your newsfeed by unfollowing or hiding posts from certain people or pages. You can also prioritize whose posts you want to see first by using the “See First” option.

3. What is the “status thingy” and how does it work?

The status update feature allows you to share short updates, photos, and videos with your friends and followers. Your status updates will appear on your profile and in your friends’ newsfeeds. You can control who sees your status updates by adjusting your privacy settings.

4. Can I control who sees my posts?

Yes, you can control who sees your posts by adjusting your privacy settings. You can choose to make your posts public, visible to friends only, or visible to a custom list of people. You can also choose to exclude certain people from seeing your posts.

5. What else can I do on Facebook?

Besides connecting with friends and sharing updates, Facebook also offers various features such as joining groups, creating events, playing games, and shopping on the marketplace. You can also use Facebook to keep up with the latest news and trends, and even find job opportunities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • mspibb
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • minirottie