• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do I Do with My Facebook Now That I've Joined?

In summary, Facebook is a social networking site where people can communicate with each other. You can see the activities of your friends, and you can also see their walls. If you don't want to see certain conversations, you can block them.
raebates said:
So does that mean that if I found you and made a request you'd ignore me? It's okay. I'm used to being ignored. :p

I did just friend you! And yes I ignore ALL invites from people! I made my intentions when I finally signed up for facebook and said I was strictly using it for networking! Not playing!

I am finally on there...a close high school friend talked me into doing it this fall. I have kept in better contact with some of my cousins and old school friends. (You know the ones that you always think "I need to call so and so" and you never get around to it till the NEXT time you see them 3 years down the road!)

I have quite a few Pampered Chef friends on there from this site! I enjoy it, but have to limit my time on there, just like on here!

wadesgirl said:
I did just friend you! And yes I ignore ALL invites from people! I made my intentions when I finally signed up for facebook and said I was strictly using it for networking! Not playing!

Yep, you found me. We're friends now--not that we haven't been. :love:

raebates said:
So does that mean that if I found you and made a request you'd ignore me? It's okay. I'm used to being ignored. :p

What?

rzzlbrzt minimums

BTW- I agree with all of you that the silly "drink with me" or "be my BFF" requests are a waste of time. I don't answer any of that stuff, either!

I found Rae and Ann...but that's all I can find for now!

Wonder why I don't show up... it's ok though, I'm used to be no where... lol

crystalscookingnow said:
Wonder why I don't show up... it's ok though, I'm used to be no where... lol

I searched for you and couldn't find you either...

You can find me, though! Kelly Watson McNamara

Yeah, I searched for Crystal, too, and couldn't find her.

That's weird. I search for me & find me. Make sure the i is before the e in my last name. It shows as St. Louis Mo.

OK- now I see you, Crystal. But there's no "add as friend" link next to your name. Weird.
I'm Ann Sz over there.

I see you, too, Crystal, but can't invite you to be a friend? Maybe it's something you can turn on and off???

Wow, hot and cold running friends.

AnnieBee said:
Hey Linda, I just found something new! WHen you click on "Home", scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. At the bottom left, there is an "options for news feed". If you click here, you can change the types of things you will see, and also change how much you see from different people! This is going to come in handy...

And be sure you check out your own privacy settings for how much people can see of your own "posts" and comments.
Thank you and may the Lord bless you. I've been wondering where that is. A friend of mine told me about it, but she couldn't remember where she found it. I have a lot of junior high kids as "friends" (volleyball players, relatives, my kids' friends, etc.) I don't need to see all that stuff. Hopefully, adding their names makes a difference on the newsfeeds.

JAE

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
What?rzzlbrzt minimums
You clearly listen as well as The Furry Guy. :rolleyes: I blame testosterone poisoning.

Hey all - I've been gone all afternoon and evening (I took DS to the circus - too much fun!) anyhow, I check my email and I have @ 25 facebook emails....I'm almost afraid to go on fb and see what's happening over there :)

Be patient with me while I figure this out - I will get around to accepting all the friend requests.

pamperedlinda said:
Hey all - I've been gone all afternoon and evening (I took DS to the circus - too much fun!) anyhow, I check my email and I have @ 25 facebook emails....I'm almost afraid to go on fb and see what's happening over there :)

Be patient with me while I figure this out - I will get around to accepting all the friend requests.
One of the biggest helpers was I took off the option to get emails from FB! There were just too many even in the first couple days to keep up with!

new question - if I have all my stuff set to friends only - what happens when I join a public group - can they see my stuff too?

wadesgirl said:
One of the biggest helpers was I took off the option to get emails from FB! There were just too many even in the first couple days to keep up with!

I need to do that...

AnnieBee said:
Hey Linda, I just found something new! WHen you click on "Home", scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. At the bottom left, there is an "options for news feed". If you click here, you can change the types of things you will see, and also change how much you see from different people! This is going to come in handy...

And be sure you check out your own privacy settings for how much people can see of your own "posts" and comments.

Oh my goodness! THANK YOU!! I never saw this down there....I could never figure out why some people's updates and photos would show up on my page and some wouldn't! Now I can set it for those that I *DO* want to see more of...and less of others!

You learn something new everyday......:thumbup::thumbup:

pamperedlinda said:
I need to do that...

Yes, after the first day of emails I went in and fixed that right away. I already come home to several emails a day I didn't want any more.

OK- which Cheffer is Allison T. J. (I'm not putting full name for privacy). She popped up on my "requesting friend" and showed Rae as a common friend. I feel like a dufus, but will admit that I'm not sure who she is....

I'm fairly certain that's wadesgirl.

I got clarification on who it is, thanks. :)

chefann said:
OK- which Cheffer is Allison T. J. (I'm not putting full name for privacy). She popped up on my "requesting friend" and showed Rae as a common friend. I feel like a dufus, but will admit that I'm not sure who she is....

How does a dufus feel? I feel with my fingers, so I can't help but wonder how a dufus does.

I hear The Kat Lady had a new friend request.

The "newsfeed" is the best part ever. I love being able to see "less" of some of my wierd crazy relatives like the 49 yr old male cousin to joined a group "its okay to breast feed in public" and it meant it for real because he's earthly like that, not that he wants to see boobies. Just kinda strange......

I'm Cindy Stephens Taylor in NC if any of you wanna add me....its very addicting but not as much as it was at first - back in December, you had to pry me away. :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I hear The Kat Lady had a new friend request.
We're going to gossip about you. :D 'Specially 'cuz I might lose my Fox Point connection. BIL had an interview in Lexington, KY Friday.

Where do I apply for his current job?

*giggle* Since he's not currently working, that's not an issue. Just send your resume, written on a dog turd, to your current boss. You'll soon have the same position that BIL has.

O.k. if anyone from here wants to be my friend, I'm on FB too. I'm Shawna Scarff Floyd on FB. I feel like I'm in grade school begging for friends, please, please be my friend. LOL

chefshawna said:
O.k. if anyone from here wants to be my friend, I'm on FB too. I'm Shawna Scarff Floyd on FB. I feel like I'm in grade school begging for friends, please, please be my friend. LOL

That's what I feel like, when I send friend requests. :)

chefann said:
*giggle* Since he's not currently working, that's not an issue. Just send your resume, written on a dog turd, to your current boss. You'll soon have the same position that BIL has.

Um, no thanks. That one already appears on my resume in several places.

"Dear Mr. KG: Could you please explain these big gaps in employment on your resume?"

Why, yes, Mr. No-Longer-A-Potential-Boss, those would be the times I was staying at the State Institution for the Criminally Insa...er...when I was unemployed.

Maybe you need to set up an account on LinkedIn. That site is more professionally-oriented than FB. I've heard it's a good place to connect with people when looking for employment.

chefshawna said:

I wanna be friends with people too! Send me a PM with your info and I'll find you... Rae, what's your fb name? KG, what's yours?

chefann said:
Maybe you need to set up an account on LinkedIn. That site is more professionally-oriented than FB. I've heard it's a good place to connect with people when looking for employment.

My DH loves that site! It is very professional.

I am on Facebook, also. Had to eat my words since I cruelly harassed the DH when he created his account. "What? Do you think you are 17, again? Seriously?", I taunted and groaned as he signed on EVERY night for hours.He finally convinced me to create an account and now I have reconnected with high school buddies and neighbors from YEARS ago that I probably would have never thought of again. I truly enjoy it!Not big into all the little messages like y'all referred to - just don't have enough time. I did them all at first but now just log on to catch up with local and out of town friends.Look me up if you are interested - Tara Nieberding Newby BrownP.S. Thank you so much to the cheffer that posted about the News Feed - I found that last week and could not remember for the life of me where it was - have been searching for days thinking I was crazy....

I'm figuring fb out :D .....but, now I'm getting secret crush alerts and I have to pay to have it sent to my phone so I can see who it is - what the heck is that all about? How can opt out of getting that kind of crap?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I have the highest security on FB, no one can find me there at all.

I never joined!

I haven't got enough time to maintain relationships on all my other sites without getting started on Facebook. Although, I fear that I may soon have to surrender and put up a page. "WHAT! You're not on Facebook?!?"

Um, no. But I'm starting to feel like the last holdout in North American.

Don't feel alone, I am not on FC and don't see myself being on it in the near or distant future. My daughter thought it was incredible that I wasn't on it and I just told her that I didn't need another reason to sit at the computer.

Don't click on it Linda!What's funny to do on facebook is search for your name and see all the others out there on Facebook with your same name! There are actually 2 others with my first and last name!!!!

janetupnorth said:
Don't click on it Linda!

What's funny to do on facebook is search for your name and see all the others out there on Facebook with your same name! There are actually 2 others with my first and last name!!!!

well, I did click on it - that's how I found out they wanted my cell phone number and what the charges were :eek: Is there a lot of that junk? Can you opt out of solicitations?

pamperedlinda said:
well, I did click on it - that's how I found out they wanted my cell phone number and what the charges were :eek: Is there a lot of that junk? Can you opt out of solicitations?

Linda, I've learned just to ignore most things! Unless it's a friend request or something I'm interested in I ignore it. I felt bad doing that at first, but once you accept something you have to allow access to the application and I'm not sure what that allows others to see. I have some things I want to get out of and I don't know how! So, my advice is ignore, ignore, ignore!

I just set up my facebook recently and I have figured out how to put pics on there, but how do I put one on for my profile pic??

I joined FB at the request of my grown children. Had a good time til my recently ex-DH joined and sent me a so-called friend request... I moved to TX, changed my email addy, and got a new phone number so he couldn't find me (long sad story) then there he was!! So, I de-activated my account. Boo-hoo! I was having such a good time!

Ann F said:
I joined FB at the request of my grown children. Had a good time til my recently ex-DH joined and sent me a so-called friend request... I moved to TX, changed my email addy, and got a new phone number so he couldn't find me (long sad story) then there he was!! So, I de-activated my account. Boo-hoo! I was having such a good time!

Just don't accept his request! ...and block your profile so he can't see the details.

He found you through your kids obviously...just ignore him...

Ann F said:

You can put his name in so that he doesn't even see that you're there. My sister did that with her ex DH just in case.

Someone please explain to me what it means to be tagged or poked.

pamperedlinda said:

I think it's just something you do to let someone know you were on their site and thinking about them???

I checked the help about a poke because I was wondering, too. That's a message that you send to someone. But you can send a poke to someone who isn't on your friends list, and it gives them temporary view access to your profile/wall, even if it's set to "friends only."

pamperedlinda said:

I'd have to PM you, we're a G rated site on CS aren't we? ;)

kcjodih said:
I'd have to PM you, we're a G rated site on CS aren't we? ;)

Funny.

Our 22-year-old son is a big proponent of sexual purity until marriage. He often sells plasma for extra money. A few years ago The Furry Guy asked him if he was "getting tapped" that day. Our son said, "No, Dad, I don't do that kind of thing!"

I had to explain to The Furry Guy that his innocent question about selling plasma had a completely different connotation to our son's generation. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
<h2>1. What is the purpose of Facebook?</h2><p>Facebook is a social networking platform that allows you to connect and communicate with friends, family, and acquaintances. It also serves as a platform for sharing photos, videos, and other updates with your network.</p><h2>2. How do I manage my newsfeed?</h2><p>Your newsfeed is where you see updates from your friends and pages you follow. You can customize your newsfeed by unfollowing or hiding posts from certain people or pages. You can also prioritize whose posts you want to see first by using the “See First” option.</p><h2>3. What is the “status thingy” and how does it work?</h2><p>The status update feature allows you to share short updates, photos, and videos with your friends and followers. Your status updates will appear on your profile and in your friends’ newsfeeds. You can control who sees your status updates by adjusting your privacy settings.</p><h2>4. Can I control who sees my posts?</h2><p>Yes, you can control who sees your posts by adjusting your privacy settings. You can choose to make your posts public, visible to friends only, or visible to a custom list of people. You can also choose to exclude certain people from seeing your posts.</p><h2>5. What else can I do on Facebook?</h2><p>Besides connecting with friends and sharing updates, Facebook also offers various features such as joining groups, creating events, playing games, and shopping on the marketplace. You can also use Facebook to keep up with the latest news and trends, and even find job opportunities.</p>

1. What is the purpose of Facebook?

Facebook is a social networking platform that allows you to connect and communicate with friends, family, and acquaintances. It also serves as a platform for sharing photos, videos, and other updates with your network.

2. How do I manage my newsfeed?

Your newsfeed is where you see updates from your friends and pages you follow. You can customize your newsfeed by unfollowing or hiding posts from certain people or pages. You can also prioritize whose posts you want to see first by using the “See First” option.

3. What is the “status thingy” and how does it work?

The status update feature allows you to share short updates, photos, and videos with your friends and followers. Your status updates will appear on your profile and in your friends’ newsfeeds. You can control who sees your status updates by adjusting your privacy settings.

4. Can I control who sees my posts?

Yes, you can control who sees your posts by adjusting your privacy settings. You can choose to make your posts public, visible to friends only, or visible to a custom list of people. You can also choose to exclude certain people from seeing your posts.

5. What else can I do on Facebook?

Besides connecting with friends and sharing updates, Facebook also offers various features such as joining groups, creating events, playing games, and shopping on the marketplace. You can also use Facebook to keep up with the latest news and trends, and even find job opportunities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • mspibb
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • minirottie