• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What dessert can I make for a funeral dinner tomorrow?

In summary, Amanda is suggesting a chocolate strawberry cake. Anne is suggesting raspberry cream squares. Becky is suggesting a Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake.
raebates
Staff member
I've volunteered to take a dessert for a funeral dinner at church tomorrow. Now I can't think of anything good to take. Here's the criteria:

It must not need refrigeration or heating. I'll be dropping off the dish a few hours before the funeral starts.

It must be quick. I'll need to make it this evening, and I have several other things to do.

It must not require pricey ingredients. I'm of the fast, cheap, and easy school of cooking.

So, Cheffers, what are your suggestions?

TIA!

raebates said:
I've volunteered to take a dessert for a funeral dinner at church tomorrow. Now I can't think of anything good to take. Here's the criteria:

It must not need refrigeration or heating. I'll be dropping off the dish a few hours before the funeral starts.

It must be quick. I'll need to make it this evening, and I have several other things to do.

It must not require pricey ingredients. I'm of the fast, cheap, and easy school of cooking.

So, Cheffers, what are your suggestions?

TIA!

How many people does it need to feed? Are you the only one bringing dessert?

Some things that came to mind would be a cinnamon coffee cake type dessert made in the fluted pan, or I also love the Raspberry Cream Squares in the All The Best cookbook...they are a cookie - but they are very pretty when cut and on a platter. (they don't have to raspberry - any kind of jam you have on hand works)

Those both sound good. They never let us know about the numbers. Mine will be one of several desserts.

Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake......fast, easy & cheap :)

Good idea, Anne, but I think I'm going to go with Becky's suggestion of Raspberry Cream Squares made with my homemade strawberry-kiwi jam. I've got everything I need already waiting at home.

You could make the Chocolate Strawberry cake in the fluted stone. You could probably skip the fresh strawberries and use your homemade jam, too. :D

Thanks, Amanda, but cookies sound easier for me and for those serving.

Strawberry Kiwi jam mmmmm that sounds good by itself!!! I've never heard of that before!!!!

The recipe is really simple.

1 1-lb pkg frozen strawberries, thawed*
4-5 kiwi, peeled
4 c sugar
1 t lemon juice

Mash the strawberries and kiwi together. Stir in sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Boil for about 7 minutes, or until desired thickness. Pour into jars. Store in refrigerator.

I usually put an appetizer plate in the freezer when I start to make this. When I think the thickness is about right I remove the pan from the heat and pour a spoonful of the jam on the cold plate. I let it sit for a minute or so, then run my finger through it. (The Furry Guy usually volunteers for that part.) If the jam doesn't flow back together it's done. If the jam runs back together I return it to boil for a minute or so then retest, repeating these steps as many times as necessary.

*You can use a pound of fresh strawberries, but berries that have been frozen then thawed mash easier.

raebates said:
Thanks, Amanda, but cookies sound easier for me and for those serving.
No problem, I figured you decided. It was the chocolate addict in me bursting out. Plus, you mention homemade strawberry jam and I get brainstorming. Great, now I've got a craving. :D

They smell fantastic. I'll cut them in the morning.

raebates said:
They smell fantastic. I'll cut them in the morning.

hee hee - this discussion got me craving them, and I made a batch tonight too. :D:chef:

As I was making them The Furry Guy said, "Those are for tomorrow. Aren't they?" I assured him I'd save a couple of pieces for him.

What are some easy dessert recipes?

Some easy dessert recipes could include no-bake cheesecake, fruit crumbles, or ice cream sandwiches.

Do you have any healthy dessert options?

Yes, we have several healthy dessert options such as fruit skewers with yogurt dip, chia seed pudding, or grilled peaches with honey and cinnamon.

What are some gluten-free dessert options?

We offer gluten-free options such as flourless chocolate cake, coconut macaroons, or gluten-free brownies made with almond flour.

Can you recommend a dessert for a large group?

A crowd-pleasing dessert for a large group could be a fruit pizza, trifle, or a build-your-own sundae bar.

Do you have any vegan dessert recipes?

Yes, we have vegan dessert options such as vegan chocolate mousse, berry crumble bars, or avocado chocolate pudding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedharriet
  • General Chat
Replies