• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Overwhelm: Tips for Success in Your Business Kickoff

In summary, the author is in a funk and feels overwhelmed with what needs to be done to start the fall season. They are feeling defeated before even starting, and are not looking forward to the work that needs to be done. However, they are reminded that there will be a payoff in the end and offer some advice on how to get out of the funk.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm in a funk. I feel so overwhelmed with what I know I need to do to accomplish my goals. I want the business, but feel like there's too much to do. My summer was nuts and I dropped the ball on a few things, so I feel like a horrible consultant. I was going to do a season kick-off party, and now the date I chose is just 2 weeks away and I haven't advertised at all yet. I guess I'm feeling defeated before I even start and am not looking forward to spending all the money it takes to advertise. (Mailing invitations, food, giveaways.) My season kickoffs never turn out that great. I have no shows on my calendar though and really was wanting to get the charms.

Anyway, just looking for some positive motivation and maybe some fresh ideas on what I can do for my kickoff or for advertising.

Who says you need to do it early September? Choose a later date that fits for you and rename it to pre-Christmas Shopping Extravaganza or something. Get your creative juices flowing. Offer a special for those booking a party of their own even before your show.We all get in a slump int he summer, I think. I am in the same boat, but realize our customers also don't seem to think much about the parties till after school is back in session.Don't feel defeated--re-energize yourself for a new type of fall show. After all, Christmas is only 4 months away! Now I need to do this for myself, as well. LOL.

Hugs! I'm just coming out of a months long funk. Even Fall Launch didn't give me the boost I needed. I had no cooking shows this month, just 1 catty. I had my own show this past weekend; I avoid doing my own shows like the plague since it takes so much work to make my house presentable. I think I sent out evites 2 weeks before. I didn't mail anything. I didn't do any giveaways other than my normal ones. I invited a few past hosts but mostly friends through my kids. 9 people there with sales of $875. Outside orders are putting it at $1000. I was just hoping to have 5 people there and $600 in sales. I got a Sept. booking and an Oct. booking. The Sept. is a past catty host who I have been trying to convince to do a cooking show. The Oct. booking was someone's guest. I did a vendor table last-minute a week ago and got a Sept. booking. I followed up with a lead from Jan. to get another Sept. booking. I'm up to 4 bookings in Sept. having only had 1show/month each in June, July and Aug. I feel good when the shows are on the calendar. It's getting them there that's the hard part for me. One of my favorite things to tell myself these days is that the emotion will come after the action. You may not want to do any of the things you know you need to do but once you do them, you'll feel good and have the bump to keep going. I'm not beating myself up too much about those do-nothing months. It was my own fault so I have to accept the consequences. I suggest doing your shoe. Don't put money into it. Be a good host and follow up with people. I checked with that Sept. booking that I got because she hadn't RSVPed. She hadn't gotten the evite but was free and excited to come. I probably could have had a better turn-out if I had followed up with a few other people.

In the five + years I have been in the business, I have only had one kick-off party. Like Becca, it takes alot to get my house looking presentable (with 3 young kids in the house, it is a never ending battle), and I guess I am just afraid I won't succeed. BUT, that doesn't mean that you can't have success with it. How about advertising it as helping you taste test the new recipes you want to try for the new season as well as getting to be the first to see the new products?

I am in desparate need to kick my business into high gear and I know that what it takes is plain and simple: PICK UP THAT PHONE and dial! I am struggling with making enough phone calls each day, but I am hoping that consistently picking it up each day and making a few calls (even it is voicemails) that eventually I will be making those contacts.

Besides your open house, don't forget about craft fairs, as well as talking to people while you are out and about. I have gotten a few leads just from selling some stuff (non-pc) online. When I meet them, of course I introduce myself as the PC lady :).

I'm with all of you......I know what I need to do......and I have been making phone calls and leaving message after message and no return calls......that's the frustrating part! But I keep doing it. I have vendor fairs coming up so hoping that will help also. And with the holiday season coming up, that always kicks the selling season into gear! Looking forward to October - December!

I sympathize with you....sometimes it's just so hard!

Do you have a PWS/Newsletter from the company? If you do, be sure to check your Warm Report as soon as it comes available to you and see who's looking at what. I have had several shows by calling the people who are looking at having their own show - one was more than $1400. Be sure to check the Warm Report more than once - people don't always open their emails right away. I also sent out a "blast" for September shows and will have at least one show book from that plus a catalog show. I don't send many blasts out - maybe one or two a year - I think people get ticked off when you send too many emails! I had a so-so June, good July and an appalling August so am working hard to get a good fall in place. It's just a matter of going back, making a list of all the maybes and yesses and working through it - gotta love the phone!

islandgurlchef said:
I sympathize with you....sometimes it's just so hard!

Do you have a PWS/Newsletter from the company? If you do, be sure to check your Warm Report as soon as it comes available to you and see who's looking at what. I have had several shows by calling the people who are looking at having their own show - one was more than $1400. Be sure to check the Warm Report more than once - people don't always open their emails right away. I also sent out a "blast" for September shows and will have at least one show book from that plus a catalog show. I don't send many blasts out - maybe one or two a year - I think people get ticked off when you send too many emails! I had a so-so June, good July and an appalling August so am working hard to get a good fall in place. It's just a matter of going back, making a list of all the maybes and yesses and working through it - gotta love the phone!

I use Joy's newsletter, Tasty Tidbits, and send out to my customers once per month, rarely do they get a second email. I didn't realize how many of them really look forward to it and read it till they all started telling me. I was truly amazed, and still am. Some love the recipes, some the new products, and some just love the competitiveness of becoming the top selling host of the month. I always put a beginning paragraph in the newsletter, making it my own. I tell everyone at shows if I have their email, I will add them, and that my feelings don't get hurt if for one reason or another they want to be unsubscribed. I didn't mean to get sidetracked from Amanda's original post, I just hope this adds to it. I believe we lay the foundation for our customers every time we make contact, one way or another. They may not be able to buy or host now, but I try to stay in the minds.

I used to do Tasty Tidbits but switched to the PC newsletter as it has that wonderful Warm Report that comes out several times a month and you can see who's looking at the recruiting article, the having a show article etc. It has helped me hugely!

1. What is "Help Me Snap Out of It!" all about?

"Help Me Snap Out of It!" is a cooking class designed to help you break out of your cooking rut and try new and exciting recipes using Pampered Chef products. Our expert consultants will guide you through a variety of delicious and easy-to-make dishes that will bring fun and flavor back into your kitchen.

2. What types of recipes will be featured in "Help Me Snap Out of It!"?

Our cooking class will feature a mix of appetizers, entrees, sides, and desserts. We will also provide options for vegetarian, gluten-free, and other dietary restrictions. Each recipe will incorporate Pampered Chef products to make cooking easier and more enjoyable.

3. How long is the "Help Me Snap Out of It!" cooking class?

The cooking class typically lasts about 2 hours, but can vary depending on the number of attendees and the complexity of the recipes being prepared. We recommend setting aside at least 2-3 hours to fully participate and enjoy the class.

4. Do I need to have any prior cooking experience to attend "Help Me Snap Out of It!"?

No prior cooking experience is necessary to attend our cooking class. Our consultants will guide you through each recipe step by step and provide tips and tricks along the way. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned cook, you will learn something new and have fun in the process!

5. Can I purchase the Pampered Chef products used in the class?

Yes, all of the Pampered Chef products used in the cooking class are available for purchase. Our consultants will provide a catalog and ordering information at the end of the class. You can also visit our website to browse and purchase products at any time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephanie78
Replies
Views
heather223
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views