• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's The Perfect Name for Our Baby Boy?

In summary, My husband and I are not agreeing on names to name our baby boy that is due in Feb. We have 2 girls, Sydney and Shelby. Come to find out they are both cities in Montana. So I made the suggestion that we name him after a city in MT so they will all have something in common. Here are the names that we like Which one do you like the best?

What Should we Name our Baby Boy!!

• Brady

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • Carter

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Cameron

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Conner

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Dillon

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • Dixon

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
cookinmama
Gold Member
My husband and I are not agreeing on names to name our baby boy that is due in Feb. We have 2 girls, Sydney and Shelby. Come to find out they are both cities in Montana. So I made the suggestion that we name him after a city in MT so they will all have something in common. Here are the names that we like Which one do you like the best?

Brady
Carter
Cameron
Conner
Dillon
Dixon

Brady. The girls end in Y so its cute that Brady does as well. :) I'm weird like that- they have to sound good all together. Just say them like you would if they all got into trouble or calling them for dinner.

Good Luck!

What's your last name?

It was a toss up between Brady and Dillon. But I picked Brady.

i picked carter.

i have alot of pregnant friends right now (lets hope its not something in the water :eek:). two of them went with "brody" & one went with "brady." seems like brody & brady are going to be common names for that age group. & im all about different but not strangly awkward names. :D

There are tonnes of Bradys and Connors out there. I would check with your state (or provincial) registry and see if they list the names that have been registered (in Alberta, they list the previous years) - that way you can pick a name that's not everywhere! Any neat names from way back in your family tree? We have a "Ford" and if we'd had a boy, we would have maybe gone with that??

Why not keep with the "S" and go Sean?

I choose Brady or Connor. Do you already have a middle name picked out?

My daughter very enthusiastically shouted "Dillon." She loves that name.

I'm partial to Cameron, myself, but Dillon is a cool name, and not as overused.

I picked Carter - you just don't hear it as much:)!

Im kinda partial to Cameron, I picked that name a little over a year ago

I picked Carter. My daughter went to school with a girl named Brady so I have trouble with that one! My kids both have had boys in their schools named Cameron who are a little "troubled" so I don't really care for that name based on those people! All the other names are cute but Carter is my favorite. On a side note.....my parents live in Sidney which is in Shelby county!! Not that it means anything...I just thought it was funny!

I personally wouldn't go with Dixon. If the kids at school try to shorten it, there may be trouble KWIM?

I like Dillon but then I grew up watching "Matt Dillon" on Gunsmoke! LOL! I think it is better not to have another "S" name... My SIL's DB & DSIL named their girls Audrey, Anna, and Addie and it is a big joke in the family since they are Adam and Allison! My GS is Josiah Paul and my GD is Maggi Aileen so they are very different. My DD is named after my Mom (Aileen) and goes by Ali and wanted to give Maggi part of her name too.

krzymomof4 said:
I personally wouldn't go with Dixon. If the kids at school try to shorten it, there may be trouble KWIM?

That was my first thought too.

I pick Dillon.

Brady - just don't like it. Knew one in school, and he was a crybaby - funny how those things stay with you.

Carter - there have been a rash of Carters born around here lately....so I'm thinking it's being overdone.

Conner - nope - because Kelly just named her baby Conner....we need something new to vote for now!:D

Cameron - to Soap-operish for me. Plus, I know a girl named Cameron...goes by Cami for short.

Dixon - I actually like this....but as stated before, it could be shortened and be a cause for some humiliation in school....kids will do it every time!

So - that leaves Dillon. I like that. It's a strong name.

chefsteph07 said:
What's your last name?

Our last name is Wilkinson

pkd09 said:
Why not keep with the "S" and go Sean?

My husbands name is Shaun and we don't want a Shaun Jr.

We tried to think of an "S" name that we liked and we just couldn't come up with one.

We didn't find out with our first 2 kids what we were having, but since this is the last one I wanted to find out. I really like the name Derek or Wesley (call him Wes). Because I like the sound of Wes Wilkinson, but my husband doesn't like either one of those names. He likes Colt and Wyatt, but I'm not fond of those names because they are toooo western for me. We have horses and we hunt a lot so Colt and Wyatt are too close to our hobbies. I know a lot of couples name their kids like that, but I'm just to into doing that for some reason.

If all else fails and we can't agree on a name we have Cooper as a back up. Both of our girls were going to be named Cooper if they came out boys but they didn't. I kind of out grew that name in 7 years of waiting.

I really want his middle name to be Thad, after my father. He passed away last December. But my husband doesn't want him to have a middle name. Don't ask me why, he won't give me a good reason. I think it is because he doesn't have one. he did say at one time it was because the girls didn't have one.

I like Brady, too. It goes well with your last name!!

Best wishes to you and your family!!

Paula

I voted Dillon, but I like Carter, too!!

I love the name Cameron

cookinmama said:
My husbands name is Shaun and we don't want a Shaun Jr.

We tried to think of an "S" name that we liked and we just couldn't come up with one.

We didn't find out with our first 2 kids what we were having, but since this is the last one I wanted to find out. I really like the name Derek or Wesley (call him Wes). Because I like the sound of Wes Wilkinson, but my husband doesn't like either one of those names. He likes Colt and Wyatt, but I'm not fond of those names because they are toooo western for me. We have horses and we hunt a lot so Colt and Wyatt are too close to our hobbies. I know a lot of couples name their kids like that, but I'm just to into doing that for some reason.

If all else fails and we can't agree on a name we have Cooper as a back up. Both of our girls were going to be named Cooper if they came out boys but they didn't. I kind of out grew that name in 7 years of waiting.

I really want his middle name to be Thad, after my father. He passed away last December. But my husband doesn't want him to have a middle name. Don't ask me why, he won't give me a good reason. I think it is because he doesn't have one. he did say at one time it was because the girls didn't have one.

thats my favorite way of spelling it. always has been. & then my aunt named her son shaun. and i was sooooooo mad because she took it from me! but then 2 years ago i fell in love with a shaun (thats him in my avatar). haha. so i guess it all worked out in the end.

I went with Brady.. liked how it worked with the girls "y" ending names too as someone stated already.. anything you pick will work :) so good luck! We didn't have a name for our second baby it it was a boy.. I think literally a minute before our girl was born we decided on Tyler.. but luckily it was a girl and we had her name all picked out :)

best of luck to you and enjoy your new bundle when he comes.

Actually living here in Montana I have a friend who named her baby boy Bridger (after the mountains here) Not that I need to add another name to your list but just an idea. Anyone else out there from Montana??

I'd avoid the "on" with Wilkenson...it makes the name run a bit...

Personally, I like Connor. I have Irish blood in me and Joseph Connor was the only boy name we had picked out for ours when we were pregnant. We had a girl though and named her Madelyn Blake Ragsdale. She was named after her daddy. His name is Joseph Blake and he goes by Blake; she goes by Madelyn or Maddie for some.

You'll choose the right one for your son. You'll know when you choose it...

412683 said:
Actually living here in Montana I have a friend who named her baby boy Bridger (after the mountains here) Not that I need to add another name to your list but just an idea. Anyone else out there from Montana??

On of my really good friends just named her little boy Bridger. I like it can't have 2 bridgers running around all the time we would have to nick name them. My oldest daughter, Sydney, her best friend is named Sydnee so we us moms talk we say my Sydney or your Sydnee. Gets really confusing sometimes. thanks for the input.

I like Brady also, it goes well with your last name :love:

pampchefsarah said:
My daughter very enthusiastically shouted "Dillon." She loves that name.

I'm partial to Cameron, myself, but Dillon is a cool name, and not as overused.

I picked Cameron. :)

1. What are some popular names for boys right now?

According to recent data, some popular names for boys include Liam, Noah, Oliver, Elijah, and William.

2. Are there any unique or uncommon names that are gaining popularity?

Yes, some unique names that are gaining popularity for boys include Arlo, Atticus, Finn, Maverick, and Jasper.

3. Can you suggest some classic and timeless names for a baby boy?

Some classic and timeless names for boys that have stood the test of time include Jack, Benjamin, Alexander, Matthew, and Nathan.

4. Do you have any tips for choosing a baby name?

Some tips for choosing a baby name include considering family names or names with special meanings, avoiding popular names if you want a more unique name, and practicing saying the name out loud to see how it sounds.

5. Are there any popular name trends for boys currently?

Yes, some popular name trends for boys include using gender-neutral names, choosing names with nature themes, and using names inspired by popular culture such as television shows and movies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WLMcCoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
frozenchef
  • jcsmilez
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies