• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I keep my guests entertained during a non-interactive cooking show?

In summary, the conversation is discussing ways to make a cooking show with minimal steps in the recipes more interactive and engaging for guests. The suggestion is to have a non-demo show where guests can try and talk about the products themselves. The speaker also gives tips on what products to include and how to keep the show moving.
kdangel518
Gold Member
I am really excited to start promoting my $99 DCB set with the Weekday Dinners Done! recipe cards, and for my next cooking show we will be making the Tasty Turkey Tetrazzini, my host is really excited :)

My only concern is this- I have ALWAYS done solely interactive shows. This recipe (as I'm sure most of the Weekday Dinners Done! recipes) don't naturally lend themselves to an interactive show b/c they have minimal steps- the whole point of the recipe!

I can certainly work in a few places to have guests help- using the garlic press to press the garlic cloves, using a piece forged cutlery to cut up the turkey, using the food chopper to chop the onion, etc. but I'm looking for a few tips from those of you who DON'T do interactive shows, or those who do SEMI-interactive shows, to guide me here...

I have NO CLUE how to have a show that's not fully interactive!! :eek:

What do you do with the guests aside from just make the recipe? How do you keep them entertained? I usually play a ticket game and give them tickets for helping, etc. Of course I do the booking slide as well, but would like some further guidance.

Any and all suggestions are welcome! Thank you!!! :chef:

Sounds like you shouldn't have too much of a problem! I do either non demo or partially hands on shows. Get the products in their hands when you can and have them talk about it.

wadesgirl said:
Sounds like you shouldn't have too much of a problem! I do either non demo or partially hands on shows. Get the products in their hands when you can and have them talk about it.

When you do non-demo shows, how does your show work? Would you mind giving me a run down of a typical show? I've never seen a non-interactive show and I tend to get long-winded, so I'm VERY afraid of loosing guests' interests... TIA! :D

No demo show:Bring a container to your group. (canvas show bag, 5 gallon bucket, pillowcase) Inside you already have placed 10-12 of your best higher-end products and you have memorized some info from the PIG and have possibly taken online trainings for the products to sell them even better.As you hold up each product, ask questions that elicit customers to sell them to one another: "Who has it and loves it? - Is it easy to clean? - What else do you use it for? - Why would you get one for a gift for your (mother in law / sister / girlfriend) - What is your favorite recipe you use it in?" And you get the "Madge from Wilmington or Blanche from Boston effect that QVC or HSN accomplish with call-in testimonials. The guests will sell to themselves! Add tiny stories yourself about your aunt, your customer who is Suzy Homemaker, your clustermate's niece who won a contest using this, etc. Possible items to include:
12: food chopper - explain the company gives more of these away as host free items than they sell; cross sell spices, skimmers, roasting pan, gravy separator
11: exec saute pan - cross sell nylon tools
10: APCS - cross sell flour sugar shaker
9: 2 or 3 pieces of Simple Additions and a stainless holder - cross sell stemware
8: forged cutlery (or one of each of the 3 lines of knives) - cross sell cutting boards, crinkle cutter
7: bamboo platter or bowl - cross sell bamboo tools, carving board
6: bakeware - metal, cross sell flat stones
5: batter bowl - cross sell silicone scrapers, prep bowls, pinch bowls
4: stainless 12" Family Skillet - talk up power cooking show
3: mandoline - cross sell colander/bowl set, new colanders
2: mini muffin pan and scoop - cross sell trivets, stackable cooling racks, potholders
1: DCB - cross sell fluted pan, loaf pansSecret - keep it moving, keep them guessing what's next. You'll have an awesome show! Don't yadda yadda them to sleep.

scottcooks said:
No demo show:

Bring a container to your group. (canvas show bag, 5 gallon bucket, pillowcase) Inside you already have placed 10-12 of your best higher-end products and you have memorized some info from the PIG and have possibly taken online trainings for the products to sell them even better.

As you hold up each product, ask questions that elicit customers to sell them to one another: "Who has it and loves it? - Is it easy to clean? - What else do you use it for? - Why would you get one for a gift for your (mother in law / sister / girlfriend) - What is your favorite recipe you use it in?" And you get the "Madge from Wilmington or Blanche from Boston effect that QVC or HSN accomplish with call-in testimonials. The guests will sell to themselves! Add tiny stories yourself about your aunt, your customer who is Suzy Homemaker, your clustermate's niece who won a contest using this, etc.

Possible items to include:
12: food chopper - explain the company gives more of these away as host free items than they sell; cross sell spices, skimmers, roasting pan, gravy separator
11: exec saute pan - cross sell nylon tools
10: APCS - cross sell flour sugar shaker
9: 2 or 3 pieces of Simple Additions and a stainless holder - cross sell stemware
8: forged cutlery (or one of each of the 3 lines of knives) - cross sell cutting boards, crinkle cutter
7: bamboo platter or bowl - cross sell bamboo tools, carving board
6: bakeware - metal, cross sell flat stones
5: batter bowl - cross sell silicone scrapers, prep bowls, pinch bowls
4: stainless 12" Family Skillet - talk up power cooking show
3: mandoline - cross sell colander/bowl set, new colanders
2: mini muffin pan and scoop - cross sell trivets, stackable cooling racks, potholders
1: DCB - cross sell fluted pan, loaf pans

Secret - keep it moving, keep them guessing what's next. You'll have an awesome show! Don't yadda yadda them to sleep.

Scott, you rock! This is exactly what I needed to know... this sounds great, and is totally something that I would be comfortable doing. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :D

1. What is the best way to format a Pampered Chef show?

The best way to format a Pampered Chef show is to follow the recommended outline provided by the company. This includes starting with a warm welcome, highlighting the host's benefits, demonstrating the featured products, and ending with ordering and booking opportunities.

2. How long should a Pampered Chef show last?

The recommended length for a Pampered Chef show is between 1-2 hours. This allows enough time for product demonstrations, ordering and booking opportunities, and socializing with the guests.

3. Can I customize the format of my Pampered Chef show?

While there is a recommended outline for Pampered Chef shows, you are welcome to customize it to fit your own personal style and the needs of your audience. Just make sure to include all the necessary elements for a successful show.

4. How can I keep my Pampered Chef show organized?

To keep your Pampered Chef show organized, it is helpful to have a checklist or script to follow. This will ensure that you cover all the important points and keep the show running smoothly.

5. What should I do if I run out of time during my Pampered Chef show?

If you find yourself running out of time during your Pampered Chef show, prioritize the most important parts such as product demonstrations and ordering opportunities. You can also offer to follow up with guests individually to answer any questions they may have missed during the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows