1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Help me find a thread about...

1. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

Last week or the week before I read a thread about giving the host a reusable shopping bag as a host gift and then the person had put some eloquent words with it about how the host was going to fill it with her free products she was going to earn at the show. I really liked the idea and wanted to use it at a show on Sunday, but I can't find it again. (Does that ever happen to you?) I just want to review it for the idea and words. I've been searching the board for an hour, does anyone recall that thread? Even better send me a link....
    Thanks for your help.

Sep 25, 2009
  2. Pedey

Pedey Member

Sep 26, 2009
  3. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

Sep 26, 2009
  4. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

I think you are referring to what I had to say about how I start the show with the bag etc and thank you so much for the morning chuckle! Eloquent... I never think of what I say as eloquent. In fact I end most shows thinking "I am such a weirdo!" I just had my first $1300 show so weirdo must be 'in' but THANKS for the chuckle. :) The next time I'm telling myself that I talk too much and forget to tell my guests too many things, I'll remember this post. :thumbup:

Sep 26, 2009
  5. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

Melissa -- I loved what you wrote, anytime a person can come up with a great script on what to say is eloquent to me! Weirdo to you; eloquent to me! :love: You're doing something right being a 'weirdo' if you have a $1300 show! Congratulations! I loved your idea. I am borrowing it for my show tomorrow.

Sep 26, 2009
  6. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

Thanks Becky - Good luck using it. I wish I felt scripted. I call myself a weirdo because I feel like I babble a lot and because I "wing it" I ALWAYS forget things and then kick myself. I've tried an outline but I either have no room to put it down or I forget to look at it anyhow. Thinking of going with a binder so that I can flip thru all the key points and then I can just wing the cooking part of my show.

Hopefully, after much more time and experience, I hope my winging it style turns itself into a script without me even knowing it. :)

Best of luck with my eloquent words. Let me know if you need anything else.

Sep 27, 2009
Have something to add?