• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting a Lemon Cake Disaster: Tips from a Pampered Chef Fan

In summary, there are a few reasons why a lemon cake may sink in the middle, such as overmixing, using expired baking powder, or not preheating the oven properly. To prevent the cake from sticking to the pan, be sure to properly grease and flour the pan or use parchment paper. Dry cakes can be caused by overbaking or incorrect measurements, so it's important to follow the recipe carefully. Lemon juice can be substituted for lemon extract, but the flavor may be slightly different. To make the cake more moist, ingredients like sour cream or buttermilk can be added to the batter or a simple syrup can be brushed on top after baking.
Pam Barrett
I made the lemon cakes in the prep bowl the other night. My batter was so thick, I kept adding water to make it smooth out. I love pampered chef and all the recipes have been simple (I'm not a cook anymore). But this one just did not work. What did I do wrong? Thankfully it was at my mom's and she just finds my disaters funny. Everyone said they tasted good (I don't like lemon:yuck:) but I do not want to do this at a show unless I figure out what went wrong.

What size box did you use? If you used a full cake mix, that's too much. You need a small 9 oz box, usually Jiffy.

That was probaly it, I just grabed a normal cake mix. I guess I must learn to read better besides just remember how to cook. Thanks!!

1. What caused my lemon cake to sink in the middle?

There could be a few reasons for this. It could be due to overmixing the batter, using expired baking powder, opening the oven door too often while baking, or not preheating the oven to the correct temperature. It's important to follow the recipe instructions and avoid making these common mistakes.

2. How can I prevent my lemon cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent sticking, make sure to properly grease and flour the cake pan before pouring in the batter. You can also use parchment paper to line the bottom of the pan. Additionally, allowing the cake to cool for a few minutes before removing it from the pan can also help prevent sticking.

3. My lemon cake turned out dry, what did I do wrong?

Dry cakes can be caused by overbaking, using too much flour, or not enough liquid in the batter. Make sure to follow the recipe measurements carefully and check the cake for doneness a few minutes before the recommended baking time is up.

4. Can I substitute lemon juice for lemon extract in the recipe?

Yes, you can substitute lemon juice for lemon extract, but the flavor may be slightly different. Lemon extract is more concentrated than lemon juice, so you may need to use a little bit more of it to get the same amount of lemon flavor in your cake.

5. How can I make my lemon cake more moist?

You can add a little bit of extra moisture to your lemon cake by using ingredients like sour cream, yogurt, or buttermilk in the batter. These ingredients will help keep the cake moist and tender. You can also brush a simple syrup over the cake after it's baked to add more moisture and flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pamperedva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Pamperedva
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • quiverfull7
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies