• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Fundraiser with KITK: Tips and Tricks from a Seasoned Pro

In summary, the speaker is feeling frustrated because the director of their child's preschool wants to do a fundraiser where half of the proceeds go towards a product giveaway and the other half goes towards a purchase from a catalog. The speaker offered to give a 15% commission and submit it as a show, but the director wants to keep the $10 meant for ingredients and relies on orders for the speaker to receive any commission. The speaker is unsure how to address this with the director and is worried that parents may not place orders, making the effort and time spent on the fundraiser pointless. In the past, the speaker did another fundraiser with 15 guests but made no profit and had to write a check to the director. The speaker is seeking advice on
jnsr96
Hi,
I am almost sick to my stomach right now. The director of a preschool wants to do a KITK fundraiser. I suggested charging $20 where $10 goes toward ingredients and a product giveaway and $10 goes towards a purchase from the catalog. Since I know this person, I offered to give her 15% no matter what and basically submit it as a show where I get the remaining comission and the free product value. This person suggested that she is going to keep the $10 and I basically have to depend on people placing an order to receive anything out of it...and she still wants the 15%!!! I ama very passive person and my daughter attends this school, so I don't know how to let her know that that is not going to work. How can I spend all of this time and energy to maybe get a few orders...My thinking is, that if parents sign their children up for the class and spend $20, they won't be placing any orders. At least if they have a voucher then I am guaranteed a $240 show (There will be 2 groups of 12 kids) As it is, I am not making a lot of commision, but at least my sales are covered for the month. Any advice/help would be appreciated...I think I just needed to vent a little!!!

BTW- last month I did an adult show at the school with 15 guests and supplied the food- with a $300 show- I basically made nothing while writing a check to her for $50.

Just tell her that is not going to work for you and that sorry but if thats how she wants to do it you are unavailable. If you let her get away with it now she will just continue to expect you to do the same in the future.

00 for the use of her facility!!ThanksFirst of all, it's completely understandable that you are upset and frustrated with this situation. It's not fair for the director to expect you to do all the work and not receive any compensation for it. Here are a few suggestions on how to handle this situation:1. Be assertive and communicate your concerns: It's important to let the director know that you are not comfortable with her proposed plan. Explain to her that you are willing to do the fundraiser, but you also need to make some profit from it. Let her know that you are willing to compromise, but you cannot do all the work and not receive any benefit from it.2. Offer alternative options: If the director is not willing to give you a portion of the $10, you can suggest other ways to make the fundraiser profitable for both of you. For example, you can offer to do a raffle or a silent auction where a portion of the proceeds goes to the school and the rest goes to you. This way, you can still make some profit from the fundraiser.3. Get other parents involved: Talk to other parents in the school and get their opinion on the fundraiser. If they are also not happy with the proposed plan, you can all approach the director together and voice your concerns. This will show the director that it's not just you who has a problem with the plan, but other parents as well.4. Consider not doing the fundraiser: If the director is not willing to compromise and you feel like you are not getting any benefit from the fundraiser, it's okay to walk away from it. Your time and effort are valuable, and you should not feel pressured to do something that you are not comfortable with.In the end, it's important to remember that you have the right to stand up for yourself and your business. Don't be afraid to communicate your concerns and advocate for what you deserve. Good luck!

1. What is a "Help! Kitk Fundraiser"?

A "Help! Kitk Fundraiser" is a program offered by Pampered Chef where individuals or organizations can use our products to raise money for a cause or organization they care about.

2. How does the "Help! Kitk Fundraiser" work?

The "Help! Kitk Fundraiser" works by selecting a variety of Pampered Chef products to sell, and then using the profits from those sales to benefit a chosen cause or organization.

3. Can anyone participate in the "Help! Kitk Fundraiser"?

Yes, anyone can participate in the "Help! Kitk Fundraiser." It is open to individuals, schools, non-profit organizations, and more.

4. How much money can be raised through the "Help! Kitk Fundraiser"?

The amount of money that can be raised through the "Help! Kitk Fundraiser" varies depending on the number of products sold and the chosen cause or organization. However, participants can typically expect to raise a few hundred to a few thousand dollars.

5. Are there any costs or fees associated with the "Help! Kitk Fundraiser"?

There are no costs or fees associated with the "Help! Kitk Fundraiser." Participants simply pay for the products they sell and use the profits to support their cause or organization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KaiKendall
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
shelly.nurse
Replies
Views
NooraK