1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser HELP! KITK Fundraiser

1. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

Hi,
    I am almost sick to my stomach right now. The director of a preschool wants to do a KITK fundraiser. I suggested charging $20 where $10 goes toward ingredients and a product giveaway and $10 goes towards a purchase from the catalog. Since I know this person, I offered to give her 15% no matter what and basically submit it as a show where I get the remaining comission and the free product value. This person suggested that she is going to keep the $10 and I basically have to depend on people placing an order to receive anything out of it...and she still wants the 15%!!! I ama very passive person and my daughter attends this school, so I don't know how to let her know that that is not going to work. How can I spend all of this time and energy to maybe get a few orders...My thinking is, that if parents sign their children up for the class and spend $20, they won't be placing any orders. At least if they have a voucher then I am guaranteed a $240 show (There will be 2 groups of 12 kids) As it is, I am not making a lot of commision, but at least my sales are covered for the month. Any advice/help would be appreciated...I think I just needed to vent a little!!!

BTW- last month I did an adult show at the school with 15 guests and supplied the food- with a $300 show- I basically made nothing while writing a check to her for $50.

Sep 21, 2009
  2. PCMomto4

PCMomto4 Member

Just tell her that is not going to work for you and that sorry but if thats how she wants to do it you are unavailable. If you let her get away with it now she will just continue to expect you to do the same in the future.

Sep 21, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted