• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any tips for a newbie Pampered Chef consultant?

In summary, Alanna started P.Chef after not doing it for almost 9 years and is overwhelmed by the product offerings and order form. She recommends contacting your director for help. She also recommends cake recipes with peanut butter.
Alanna1
Hi from Pa. I just re-started P.Chef after not doing it for almost 9 years. I did it for 10 yrs. and just bscame a rescent widow. My children have been urging me to re-start and I'm glad I did. My son says- " Mom it is so good to hear you laugh like you used to do. Well, I got my kit 2 days ago, and I'm overwhelmed. When I did parties everything was done by paper. Going to have to get my DVD hooked back up and start to look at the dvd's. It seems that most consultants only take the basics for the recipes for the shows to keep the carring of product lighter. I used to use the wooden crates, thank goodness they came out with the lighter bag to hold the products. I'm not real good on the computer so I won't be taking my laptop with me to parties. I was shocked when I saw the catalogue with all of the wonderful products in it, overwhelming. I was also looking at the order form and saw that the customer has to fill in the #'s and product name. So it isnt necessary to memorize the products's #'s? Also any easy appetizers that you recommend or dessert ideas for my first party- I would greatly appreciate it. Is there a Peanut Butter Lava cake recipe out there or is there a chocolate lava only. I have learned so much from reading this forum and i'm scared to death to death to do my first show. But, hopefully that will go away after my first show. I know I'm going to suceed with my friends surrounding me and my angel husband looking down on me from above urging me on. My husband used to come with me when I first started doing P. Chef and my customers loved him coming to the show. So for now I'm alone on the farm with my dog Angel and my rooster Ned, my security system. Thanks for any help anyone can give me. Alanna

Welcome Alanna.

I recommend you contacting your director , she can teach you so you don't get overwhelmed. I have been a consultant for 11 years so I do remember the large order form you are talking about .
Also meeting are great for networking and a great learning place
DON't do this alone , working together with your director will be the grow your business .And yes just add a scoop of peanut butter along with the frosting for a really great Lava cake ,then chop up Reese's pic a sprinkle on top after you flip it over

Welcome Alanna. Glad you're laughing again;) I agree that I laugh a lot more since I started my PC biz.

As for product #s. NO, no memorizing, and if a customer gets it wrong, or doesn't write it in, your P3 program has an "eyeglass" look up feature where you can search for a product by number, category, price, or name. You'll get the hang of the computer part in no time. I highly recommend you utilize your recruiter when you're submitting your first show, and your second and third...until you've got it. Of course the program is dummy proof so it won't let you proceed unless you've done everything correctly.

Cake...no strictly peanut butter cake I know of but I like to add a few scoops of peanut butter to the chocolate lava cake. You could always experiment. Try a yellow cake and peanut butter for the icing.

Best wishes on your new, again, business. You'll do great!

Welcome Alanna! That is great news that you are coming back to "laugh like you used to do". That made my heart smile!

Welcome back!!! How long ago did you do PC? I'm glad you're back. I really do enjoy the company, I meet so many wonderful people through it! It can be overwhelming at first, but you'll get the hang of it. Like it's been said, your director will be a huge help, and of course, Chef Success!When is your first party? Are you doing an Open House?

Alanna, I'm so sorry for your loss, and glad that PC is something that can bring laughter back to you.
There have been a lot of changes, and I think that once you get a show or two under your belt, you will be loving not having to do everything by hand!

The recipes that come with your starter kit are fabulous for showing off the new products, and the cards that come with them are great!

Watch the videos on Cons. Corner about "carry less sell more" to get an idea of the philosophy of not bringing your whole kitchen to the show!

I wish you the best as you start your business!

Welcome Back Alana! I love that you are finding joy in your biz and are laughing again. I am sorry for your loss, and how wonderful that PC is helping you through this period. Things are A LOT easier now than they were even 4-5 years ago. As you become familiar with the new processes, you'll find that making money and being successful is so simple. :)

Take the time to familiarize yourself with the online trainings and read through your Getting Started Workbook that came with your kit. Your recruiter and Director will be available to help you through any of the confusing parts and then you also have this site for support as well.

For the moment, focus on your bookings and cooking shows. We only demo one recipe and encourage our guests to do the actual cooking so they can play with our products. Cooking shows are more casual now, and people have been enjoying the interactive style.

Attend any trainings available from your team and ask to observe a cooking show.

No need to memorize product numbers. Enjoy the adventure knowing you will eventually learn the ins and outs. Don't feel overwhelmed, it will come. The key is to have fun and share what you know and love about PC. Nice and easy. :)

Wishing you much success!

Welcome Alanna!! What part of PA are you?

Hi everyone-thank you for making me feel welcome! I live in Cabot,Pa. about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh. I have a open house planned at my house and also a big party planned for April13, a bridial shower for later this summer. I was a consultant back in the 1980-1900's and won a trip to New Orleans. Loved it ,cruising down the Missippi River with my honey sipping on wine as the sun was going down listening to a great jazz band. All I have left is my memories, but I hope to create new ones! It's very hard to loose your life partner and best friend. I remember a big book telling abouit all of the products and the guarantees etc. How do you learn about the products or is it all about just reading the catalogue and using the product? My director has been on a vacation and & didn't want to bother her.
Thanks for all of your help and good wishes! Alanna

Alanna1 said:
Hi everyone-thank you for making me feel welcome! I live in Cabot,Pa. about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh. I have a open house planned at my house and also a big party planned for April13, a bridial shower for later this summer. I was a consultant back in the 1980-1900's and won a trip to New Orleans. Loved it ,cruising down the Missippi River with my honey sipping on wine as the sun was going down listening to a great jazz band. All I have left is my memories, but I hope to create new ones! It's very hard to loose your life partner and best friend. I remember a big book telling abouit all of the products and the guarantees etc. How do you learn about the products or is it all about just reading the catalogue and using the product? My director has been on a vacation and & didn't want to bother her.
Thanks for all of your help and good wishes! Alanna

The product information is now all online at COnsultants Corner. Look at the last tab across the top of the page that says products and recipes. Click on that - it's under that heading.

What is "Help Just Starting!"?

"Help Just Starting!" is a phrase that is commonly used to ask for assistance or guidance when someone is just beginning a new task or project.

Why do people use the phrase "Help Just Starting!"?

People use this phrase to express their need for assistance or advice when they are feeling overwhelmed or unsure about how to begin a task or project.

Who can use the phrase "Help Just Starting!"?

Anyone can use this phrase when they are in need of help or guidance with starting a new task or project. It is a common phrase used by individuals of all ages and backgrounds.

What kind of help can be requested with "Help Just Starting!"?

The type of help that can be requested with "Help Just Starting!" can vary depending on the task or project at hand. It can range from simple advice or guidance to more hands-on assistance.

Is there a specific way to ask for "Help Just Starting!"?

No, there is no specific way to ask for "Help Just Starting!" as it is a general phrase used to express the need for assistance. However, it is important to be clear and specific about what type of help is needed in order to receive the most effective support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristianne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Rapunzil
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ccmahaffey