• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Prepare for My First Show as a New Consultant?

In summary, the conversation involved compiling a list of tips for new team members on how to run successful shows. The questions discussed included topics such as introducing oneself at a show, displaying products, door prizes, product presentation order, show duration, handling money, getting bookings, sharing the opportunity, recipe selection, and a quick tip. The team members shared their strategies and tips for each aspect, such as using a collapsible crate for display items and a storage tub for products, using the host bonus program to encourage bookings, and using a paper cup to protect the center tube when pouring batter into a fluted stone. Overall, the conversation provided valuable insights and advice for running successful shows.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I am compiling a HELP! I’VE NEVER DONE A SHOW! list for my new team members...

If you guys wouldn't mind answering any or all of the following questions, I am going to compile it all and then will share the results. I found an old outdated version on my hard drive and am looknig for more updated answers. I am attaching the old outdated one for ya'll to see.

Here are the questions:

HOW DO YOU INTRODUCE YOURSELF AT A SHOW?

EXPLAIN HOW YOU CARRY AND DISPLAY YOUR PRODUCTS

WHAT ABOUT DOOR PRIZES?

WHAT PRODUCT DO YOU SHOW FIRST?

HOW LONG DO YOU LEAVE YOUR SHOW OPEN?

HOW DO YOU HANDLE MONEY?

EXPLAIN HOW YOU GET BOOKINGS

EXPLAIN HOW YOU SHARE THE OPPORTUNITY

WHAT ABOUT RECIPES?

SHARE A QUICK TIP

Attachments

• HelpI'veNever.doc
    51 KB · Views: 409
What a GREAT idea!!

I will reply with answers later!!:)

for veterans do you want to know what we say/do now or what we said/did in the beginning?

HOW DO YOU INTRODUCE YOURSELF AT A SHOW?
I'm Louise, your Pampered Chef Consultant, and I'll be your cruise director this evening. I can go all Love Boat with it for a crowd that's my age and/or talk about the cruise consultants just went on and promote the consultant incentives.EXPLAIN HOW YOU CARRY AND DISPLAY YOUR PRODUCTS
I use my collapsible crate for display items only and a storage tub for items I'll be using (and getting dirty). Display items include the guest specials if they aren't being used in the recipe, or if I have extras. I set up the display on a different table than the one we're working on but close by so I can point it out during the demo. WHAT ABOUT DOOR PRIZES?
Usually a season's best or one of the little items you can buy in bulk on a supply order. I'm thinking about doing the seasoning packets when I'm preparing a demo recipe that uses them.WHAT PRODUCT DO YOU SHOW FIRST?
I show the most expensive products first but usually it's whatever item(s) the host has on her half-price wish list because then I can tie-in the host bonus program. If a host hasn't made up a wish list, I show current and upcoming host specials.HOW LONG DO YOU LEAVE YOUR SHOW OPEN?
I've been doing a lot of month-end shows, so I typically like to close by the 1st of the following month. It's a great non-arbitrary deadline so hosts get their act together to be able to get the host special for that month. Otherwise I try to close within 3 days. HOW DO YOU HANDLE MONEY?
I push the RUFTH contribution so I don't have to deal with coins. I have never had someone refuse to round up. I typically have about $50 in small bills to make change but most people write checks. I try to deposit them the very next day so if any are rubber they'll bounce before I submit the show.EXPLAIN HOW YOU GET BOOKINGS
The host bonus program is the biggest draw for bookings. Guests see one of the more expensive items and they don't want to pay full price. If it's a host special, bookings are a cinch. Otherwise, I get bookings just from talking with people about my business and sharing my excitement.EXPLAIN HOW YOU SHARE THE OPPORTUNITY
I have a why bag to show why I sell PC and I pretty much stick to the script in the book. When I'm using a product that comes with the kit, I point it out. And if I screw something up (like forgetting a stone for a recipe - oops!) I tell them that they let anyone do this job. I like the right/left game too.WHAT ABOUT RECIPES?
I try to choose recipes that will highlight the items I would like to display first - like the host specials for this month or next month. I search the recipes by product and pick a few that would make for good interaction, then let the host choose from those. If the host has a recipe request that doesn't fit my plan, I try to work that in as a second recipe.SHARE A QUICK TIP
Just one? I have dozens! Here's a few baking tips:
For baking with parchment paper, spray your pan/sheet/stone with oil before putting down the paper. It will keep the paper in place.
Using the fluted stone for cakes? Put a paper cup over the center tube to protect it from drips when you're pouring in the batter. This works on a traditional metal fluted pan too.
And if you don't eat the whole cake - and don't want to invite me over to finish it off - cover the cake plate with the bowl of your salad spinner to keep it fresh.

FOR NEW CONSULTANTSHi there!First of all, congratulations on joining the Pampered Chef family! I'm excited to help you get started on your journey as a consultant.To answer your questions:1. Introducing yourself at a show is all about making a great first impression. I like to start by thanking everyone for coming and briefly sharing my story of how I became a Pampered Chef consultant. Then, I introduce myself by name and let everyone know that I'm there to help them have a fun and delicious experience.2. When it comes to carrying and displaying products, organization is key. I use a rolling cart to transport my products and have a designated area at the show where I can set up my display. I like to arrange my products in a way that makes it easy for guests to see and touch them, and I always have extra catalogs and order forms on hand.3. Door prizes are a great way to get guests excited and engaged during the show. I like to offer a small gift or a product sample as a door prize, and I usually do a drawing towards the end of the show. This also gives me an opportunity to collect contact information from guests who are interested in hosting their own show.4. The product I show first depends on the theme of the show, but I always like to start with a versatile and popular product that can be used in multiple recipes. This helps to get guests interested and excited about trying new recipes.5. I usually leave my show open for about a week after the event. This gives guests who couldn't make it to the show a chance to place an order, and it also gives me time to follow up with any guests who expressed interest in hosting their own show.6. When it comes to handling money, I always make sure to have a secure and organized system in place. I use a cash box and keep track of all transactions on a spreadsheet. I also offer multiple payment options, such as cash, credit card, and online payment.7. Getting bookings is all about building relationships and providing a great experience for your guests. I always make sure to mention the host rewards and benefits during the show, and I follow up with guests after the show to see if they would be interested in hosting their own show.8. Sharing the opportunity is as simple as sharing your own story and experiences as a consultant. I like to highlight the benefits of being a consultant, such as flexible schedule, extra income

1. How do I prepare for my first Pampered Chef show?

Preparing for your first Pampered Chef show is exciting and can seem overwhelming. Start by familiarizing yourself with the products and the company's mission. Review the party script and practice your demonstration. Make sure you have all the necessary supplies and ingredients. Lastly, don't forget to invite your friends and family!

2. What should I include in my hostess packets?

Hostess packets are an important part of your show. They should include the Pampered Chef catalog, order forms, a hostess letter, and any special promotions or discounts. You can also include some recipe cards and product information to get your guests excited about the products.

3. How can I make my show more interactive and engaging?

One way to make your show more interactive is to involve your guests in the demonstration. Ask for volunteers to help with certain steps or have them try out the products themselves. You can also play games or have a raffle for small prizes to keep the energy up.

4. What are some tips for handling objections from guests?

Handling objections from guests is a common challenge in a Pampered Chef show. The key is to listen to their concerns and address them with knowledge and confidence. If a guest is hesitant to buy a product, offer a solution or alternative that may better suit their needs. Also, don't be afraid to share your own personal experiences and testimonials from other satisfied customers.

5. How can I ensure I have a successful show and reach my sales goals?

The key to a successful show is preparation and enthusiasm. Make sure you have all the necessary supplies and ingredients, and practice your demonstration before the show. Be enthusiastic and passionate about the products, and don't be afraid to upsell or offer package deals. Also, follow up with guests after the show to answer any additional questions and remind them of any special promotions or discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • ejleinenbach
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • finley1991