• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! I'm Looking for a Recipe - Apples Peeled and Waiting!

In summary, the recipe for Mom's Apple Crisp is made from peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples, brown sugar, quick or old fashioned oats, butter or margarine, and vanilla ice cream or whipped topping. The topping becomes crisp while the fruit is delicate and tender. The recipe can be made either in the oven or in the microwave.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Does anyone have this recipe? I tried the PC website but it won't load and I know I saw it posted in a thread recently but can't for the life of me find it. Apples are peeled and now I sit here and wait....

I do.
Mom’s Apple Crisp
This delicious dessert was developed especially for the microwave oven.
The topping becomes crisp while the fruit is delicate and tender.

6 Granny Smith apples
¾ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup quick or old fashioned oats
½ cup butter or margarine, melted
vanilla ice cream or whipped topping 8 graham crackers (2½x5 inches)
coarsely chopped
½ cup all purpose flour
1 tsp Pantry Korintje Cinnamon Peel, core, and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half; place in Deep Dish Baker.
Coarsely chop graham crackers using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Add brown sugar, flour, oats, and cinnamon; mix well. Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker; microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted. Add butter to dry ingredients; mix well.
Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over apples. Microwave on HIGH 14-16 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool slightly. Serve warm topped with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.

Thank you! You saved the day :) One more question...do you refrigerate apple crisps or leave at room temperature?

I LOVE this recipe...I make it ALL THE TIME!

I always refrigerate, mainly because of the butter aspect.

Thank you! Refrigerator it is

Made this yesterday...Everyone loved it..Thanks

Love this kind of dessert! My variation is to cut up pears (not quite ripe, so they don't turn to mush when baked) mix up the apples & pears; I don't measure the apples & pears, simply chop up a bunch until I fill the DCB, and then add the crisp topping mixture. I love the crisp topping, so I tend to almost double the ingredient amounts:D

I live in a great agricultural region of Nova Scotia, so I use Red Bartlett pears and Cortland apples. Both are in abundance in the Fall and both are good baking fruits as they tend to be harder and don't turn to mush when baking.

I made this for our Thanksgiving meal just this past weekend and everyone loved it. I try to use local ingredients and those that are in season, so I was pleased with a dessert I could make completely from scratch.

You could also make it with a few fresh cranberries (taking advantage of the wonderful Fall season produce).....just a couple of small handfuls, I would suggest. It's a nice change for Thanksgiving dessert.

Cheers,
D.

We love this recipe!

I think I need to pull it out for shows - an oldie but a goodie!

ChefBeckyD said:
We love this recipe!

I think I need to pull it out for shows - an oldie but a goodie!

I do this recipe every Oct, it goes over GREAT! and is sooo easy!

1. How do I make a classic apple pie using peeled apples?

To make a classic apple pie with peeled apples, you will need a pie crust, 6-8 peeled and sliced apples, sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Preheat your oven to 375°F and place the bottom pie crust in a pie dish. In a separate bowl, mix the sliced apples with sugar and cinnamon. Then, pour the apple mixture into the pie crust and dot the top with butter. Place the top pie crust over the apples and crimp the edges to seal. Cut a few slits in the top crust to vent, and bake for 45-50 minutes until the crust is golden brown.

2. Can I use peeled apples in a savory dish?

Yes, peeled apples can be used in savory dishes. They add a hint of sweetness and pair well with meats like pork and chicken. You can try making a pork and apple stir-fry, apple and cheddar stuffed chicken, or a savory apple and sausage tart.

3. How do I make homemade applesauce with peeled apples?

To make homemade applesauce, peel and chop 6-8 apples and place them in a saucepan with 1/2 cup of water. Cook over medium heat until the apples are soft and mushy. Then, use a potato masher to mash the apples into a sauce consistency. Add sugar and cinnamon to taste, and let it cool before serving. You can also add other fruits like pears or berries for a different flavor.

4. What is the best type of apple to use for recipes that call for peeled apples?

The best type of apple to use for recipes that call for peeled apples is a firm and tart variety, such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp. These apples hold their shape well when cooked and provide a nice balance of sweetness and tartness.

5. Can I freeze peeled apples for later use?

Yes, you can freeze peeled apples for later use in recipes. To freeze them, slice and place the apples in a freezer-safe bag or container. Squeeze out any excess air and seal tightly. Frozen peeled apples can be stored for up to 6 months. Thaw them in the fridge before using in a recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cochef
  • KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • c00p
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies