• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help??? Ideas on How to Use This Stone?

- One of the things my friend used to do is color almond bark red and blue (before it was a fad), then put it in the mold and fill it with white bark. That was a lot of work, but really cool. Another thing she used to do was make gingerbread cookies. Totally easy - she just put some gingerbread dough in the mold, microwaved it for a few minutes, and took it out. Super easy!
deanna_g
I have a customer who got this stone from Pampered Chef a long time ago and now that it's the 4th of July (and she owns a sweets shop) she's wondering how she can use it. Any ideas?

Attachments

• heart stone.jpg
    heart stone.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 418
It's one of the RUFTH molds from before the trivets. She can use it to make cookies. There was also a show stopper demo idea that involved melting jolly ranchers and using the mold to create sun-catcher type candies. Check out the theme show archives on CC to see if it's still up there.

That is a cookie mold.... SO, cookies would be my suggestion :) Sugar would be the best, I think.

Thanks. I will look!

I used to make chocolate hearts with mine. Freeze the molds, melt almond bark and pour into mold then stick back in the freezer or fridge. The chocolate will pull away from the sides when it's ready and pops right out.

Ultra-crafty people made paper (kinda messy, blender & paper shreds) and you can also bake quickbreads (banana bread, zucchini, date nut, etc.) in them. Anything to show the (bas relief?!) contours of the mold.

There was a toilet paper craft that we used to make in the hearts. That's been ages. I think that it involved a little water, some t.p. and a microwave. Any other oldies remember this one? It was a craft we suggested to parents/scout leaders. Once the paper was "baked" you could decorate with paint, glue, glitter, beads. . .whatever someone would like.

I was going to suggest fudge, but Chefmickey's almond bark idea is even easier.

Deanna, you must tell us the story of how you are coming across all these older products-the crock and heart mold, for instance.marghi

I actually used to color the almond bark red and blue, then use a paint brush and paint it on the cold mold, then fill the rest with plain white bark. Time consuming, but awesome! (that was long before I became a consultant!!)

gingerbread cookies!

I just got back to this thread (after attending NC) and I'm loving the ideas! Marghi - My good friend who owns a bakery here in town used to be a PC consultant and she has all these molds and some older products. (-: Many of them, I believe, she got at team meetings where they all brought some retired products and swapped! Cool, huh?

totally cool. I love knowing the history of pieces like this.
Marghi

1. How do I season my stone?

To season your stone, rinse it with warm water and dry it off. Then, lightly coat the stone with vegetable oil and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour. Let it cool completely before using.

2. Can I use soap to clean my stone?

No, soap can absorb into the stone and affect the taste of your food. Instead, use a scraper or brush to remove any food particles and then rinse with warm water. You can also use a small amount of baking soda for tougher stains.

3. Can I use my stone on the grill?

Yes, you can use your stone on the grill as long as it can withstand high temperatures. However, make sure to preheat the stone on the grill before placing food on it to prevent cracking.

4. How do I prevent my stone from cracking?

To prevent your stone from cracking, always preheat it before placing food on it. Do not place a cold stone in a hot oven, as this can cause it to crack. Also, avoid drastic temperature changes, such as placing a hot stone in cold water.

5. What types of foods can I cook on my stone?

You can use your stone to cook a variety of foods, such as pizzas, bread, cookies, and vegetables. It is also great for cooking meats, as the stone helps to evenly distribute heat and absorb excess moisture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • sburnside
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • byrd1956