• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! I Need Fool-Proof Grill Recipes for the Rockcrok

In summary, the grill-masters suggest an apple galette as a great option for the Rockcrok on 8/21. Amanda has done a similar recipe and includes a "tool list" to make it easier.
Amanda_RI
Gold Member
Ok, grill-masters, I need some help. I have a host who would like me to demo the Rockcrok on her grill on 8/21.
When I say I don't grill, I'm not exaggerating. I NEVER grill. ANYTHING.
Does anyone have fool-proof recipes I could suggest to her? (And by fool-proof, I mean super-easy and laid out like a 5 year old was making it!)

Amanda, I have done an apple galette that works really well for the rockcrok on the grill. You could use any fruit, really, but I like apples. I'm at work now, but I can PM it to you later today if you'd like. As far as fool-proof, I always tell my customers that if I can make, anyone can!

An apple galette is sort of like an open face apple pie.

That would be fantastic--thank you!

pchef2008, could you share the recipe with everyone?

Sure! This was introduced by my director at one of our monthly meetings. I did some tweaking, but she is the one who first shared it. I always include a "tool list" for myself. It keeps me organized, and I don't lose tools that way. By the way, you can use either the Everyday Pan or the Dutch Oven. I always use the Everyday Pan since it's not so deep. Grilled Apple Galette INGREDIENTS:
1 pre-made refrigerated pie crust
1 (21 oz) can Lucky Leaf Apple Pie filling
3 tablespoons turbinado sugar (Turdinado sugar is less refined and coarser than white or brown sugar. It has more molasses in it).
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons olive oilDIRECTIONS:
Heat grill to 375° - 400°. Add olive oil to Rockcrok and use the Chefs Silicone Basting Brush to completely coat the inside of the vessel with oil.
Line the Rockcrok with the pie crust. Pour in the pie filling and spread out. Add the cinnamon and stir gently. Fold crust over the filling at the edges. Brush the outside of the crust with additional olive oil and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Sprinkle the galette with any remaining sugar and cinnamon and then place on grill and close lid.
Grill for 15 - 20 minutes, or until crust has browned. Serve with vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream.TOOLS:
Rockcrock
Chefs Silicone Basting Brush
2 1-cup Prep Bowls (olive oil/sugar)
Baker’s Roller
Smooth Edge Can Opener
Nylon Knife
Mini Nylon Serving Spatula/Nylon Slice ‘N Serve
Small Mix ‘N Scraper/Batter Me Up Scraper
Adjustable Measuring Spoon (tablespoon)
Stackable Cooling RackBtw, there are pictures of this recipe on the web. Just google Apple Galette in images. The various takes on the recipe look a little different from each other, but you can get a great idea of what it should look like.

Wonder what happens if you are using a charcoal grill.

Hi there! Don't worry, I've got you covered with some fool-proof grill recipes for the Rockcrok. The great thing about the Rockcrok is that it can withstand high heat on the grill, so you can cook a variety of dishes in it. Here are a few ideas to get you started:1. Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs: This recipe is perfect for beginners and can be easily customized to your liking. Simply marinate chicken and your choice of vegetables in your favorite marinade, then thread them onto skewers and grill in the Rockcrok until cooked through.2. Grilled Pizza: Yes, you can make pizza on the grill with the Rockcrok! Just roll out some pizza dough and place it in the Rockcrok, then add your desired toppings and grill until the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted.3. Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers: Another easy and delicious option, these skewers are a crowd-pleaser. Marinate shrimp and pineapple chunks in a sweet and tangy sauce, then grill in the Rockcrok until the shrimp is pink and the pineapple is caramelized.4. Grilled Fruit Crisp: Who says the grill is just for savory dishes? You can also make a delicious fruit crisp in the Rockcrok on the grill. Simply toss your favorite fruit with some sugar and cinnamon, then top with a mixture of oats, flour, butter, and brown sugar. Grill until the fruit is soft and the topping is crispy.I hope these recipes give you some inspiration for your demo on 8/21. Just remember to preheat the Rockcrok on the grill before adding your ingredients, and keep an eye on the temperature to avoid burning. Happy grilling!

What is a Rockcrok?

A Rockcrok is a versatile and durable cooking vessel made of clay and ceramic materials. It is designed to be used on a variety of cooking surfaces, including the grill.

Can I use my Rockcrok directly on the grill?

Yes, the Rockcrok is designed to withstand high temperatures and can be used directly on the grill. Just be sure to follow the instructions for preheating and use oven mitts or tongs to handle the hot Rockcrok.

What types of recipes can I make with the Rockcrok on the grill?

The Rockcrok is perfect for grilling a variety of foods, from meats and vegetables to even desserts. Some popular recipes include grilled chicken and vegetable skewers, grilled pizza, and grilled peaches with ice cream.

Do I need to season my Rockcrok before using it on the grill?

No, the Rockcrok does not need to be seasoned before use. However, we recommend washing it with warm soapy water before its first use.

Can I use my Rockcrok on a gas or charcoal grill?

Yes, the Rockcrok can be used on both gas and charcoal grills. Just be sure to follow the instructions for preheating and adjust the cooking time according to the type of grill you are using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • SusanBP0129
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • MissChef