• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facing a Mess Up: Dealing with Show Closing Issues

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who misunderstood the host benefits and is trying to handle a situation where the host wants to use both her 1/2 priced items and earned money from the show. The consultant seeks advice on how to handle the situation and is feeling overwhelmed by the host's expectations. The conversation also includes updates on how the situation was handled and the consultant's feelings of sadness.
LCOLACHICO
Hi Guys

I have been with PC for a yr, and I really have not had to many shows..
(whole new thread needed LOL) None the less I love it

But here is my issue.. I am getting ready to close my 1st show here in TX and I messed up.. For some reason I did not know that my Host could Not use her 1/2 priced items along with her earned $$$ from the show.. I don;t know what I was thinking !!! Would have helped if I had read the fine print at the bottom.. right LOL

I met with her today and we were closing her show and it would not let me do it.. I honestly thought I had an issue with PP... I told her that I would go home and call tech support and I would get back to her tonight..

So before I did that I called my director and asked her ... and their I learn that my host can not use both together ...

I feel like a stupid stupid _____ something...

I have 3 booking off of her show 1 friend, a daughter and A niece...
Any advice as to handle my mess up would be great..

Jen(my director) and I talked and she said to tell her that she can pay the money for the two 1/2 priced items and still have 30.00 free credit or I can put the stone that she wanted toward the credit and she can then pick a different 1/2 priced item... and then just pay for the dcb @ 1/2 price..

Man I am sorry.. I just am looking for different wording.. I have to deal with this 2 day...

thanks Lara

I would just let her know that you misunderstood the host benefits. She may be willing to work with you on it.

Lara, has anyone helped you yet? You posted an hour ago and I'm surprised there are no replies. I think you just need to do what your director said to do and apoligize. Tell your host that you're a beginner and you misunderstood. It happens. Give her a Season's Best or some other small gift if she seems upset. Hope this helps.

I too would explain that you are new and you made a mistake but have now learned from it. I am sure she will understand. If she doesn't there isn't much you can do and I agree with what your director told you to do. A small token like Jae wrote would be a nice gesture.

can you not explain that you were wrong and for some reason it's against policy and the FPV can't go toward the other 1/2 of the 1/2 price? i would apologize for your misunderstanding of the policy, and ask how she wants to handle it. if i was a customer in the same place i would appreciate the consultant being honest about it and telling me the deal straight. give her the options politely and let her decide. that is just me though... HTH:)

update.. it went terrible !! I called her an tried to explain the situation that the FPV can't be used towards the half priced items.. and she cut me off and said I don't understand.. so I used the chart the pc gives us as a guide and I walked her through the guest sales, the FPV, and the 1/2 prices items and the discount.. so on..
as I started to explain what we can do.. she said call I call you in the morning I can't deal with this right now I have my daughter coming over and I need to tend to the dogs..

I am in tears... She didn't let me finish ... I can only imagine what thoughts that she is having...

She is my host that wanted to know what she got for 3 people booking shows from her party.. Bottom line is that we have I guess .. not had great communication.. I am not sure what her last consultant did for her.. but man this is a PITA ... I wanna toss the towel.. she is an older lady and the expectations are draining me...

Not to pat myself on the back.. but I got outside orders that I added to her show to help her meet the $600. and now I feel like Sh**..

Sorry guys.. I just feel so sad...

Don't feel sad. Maybe she was overwhelmed when you called. Make sure you ask her if it's a good time to talk.

Well, you can let her know how much more she is getting because you added to the order. Apoligize for the misunderstanding. Have her look at the chart in the catalog while you are trying to explain it to her. Try not to go into what she or you thought it was. Just tell her what the deal is.

Then you can tell her that she will get the same host special (60% off item) as the hosts when they hold their shows. So if one of them holds her show in November this host will also get the 60% off one of the stoneware pieces that are the host special in November. If one has a December show than this hosts may pick one of the 60% off host specials for December.

Leah, I am so sorry she is treating you this way. JAE has given you some good guidelines to use in dealing with her...and I know it's easier said than done - but don't take it personally. It sounds like she has been difficult since the beginning. Do what you can to make things right (within reason) and then, just try to let it go.

(((Hugs)))

she just called back and said that she is DONE with PC .. she said that her daughter pulled her order.. as of now she is going to call everyone in the morning and tell them that she is done with pc and ask if they still want to mk an order.. if not she said that she just wants me to send every ones back and she is done. she said that she is going to tell everyone that she will Never do or go to a PC show again..

I told her I understand.. and I am sorry.. its not that you don't get your $115. in FP
its just that you can't use it along with the 1/2 price items..
:( not to much more I could say.. she asked for a # to call PC to complain because she states that the catalog is misleading..

I told her I am so sorry.. .that I miss understood the benefits, and that I should have read the fine print .. that states you cannot use 1/2 price with the FPV...
what a mess!!! to top it off this was the show that was going to get me from going inactive... I just moved here and it has been so hard... and now this.. sorry... guys.
just venting..

I asked her to please let me know in the morning what she would like to do, because I did add a few outside orders to her show and I do need to submit those either way ..
I told her that I did not want to make them wait over the weekend.. even though I know that it won't be processed till monday anyway...
:( :(
so sad...

She's so not a nice person. Lara, you deserve better. Everyone makes mistakes, and when she makes one, I hope she feels guilt ridden and full of shame when she remembers how horribly she treated you.

That reminds me that I owe the grocery store checkout lady an apology. I was a little too annoyed with her. I felt bad even while I was standing in line being annoyed.

Lara - I am REALLY SORRY that you are having to deal with this! It sounds like she is annoyed/busy in her life and doesn't have time to deal with it - I SO wouldn't take it personal (although easier said than done) because are obviously sincere in your apology! I think you did/said all that you can - and I am sorry she was SO NOT understanding.....

Oh my gosh! PITA indeed! What is this mistake actually working out to be cost-wise? $30? Seriously, this lady is WAAAAY overreacting! I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. As someone else said, try not to take it personally. I know that is impossible, but she is blowing this thing so out of proportion it's rediculous! Try not to be sad either. I would highly suggest having this show shipped to your house if anyone keeps their order on her show. Who knows if you will get those OSO's from her when it arrives!

Don't let this one person ruin your business! You don't know what's going on in her personal life and she's just taking it out on you! I too would call HO and let them know what's going on. That way if she complains about you, you can let them know that you did what you could do for the situation.

Sounds like this lady is expecting you to hand over your hard-earned commission in addition to all of the stuff she gets for hosting. She's obviously used to getting what she wants and pouting if she doesn't get it. Don't give in to her. She may realize the error of her ways and just submit the show after she's had time to cool off. Everyone makes mistakes, so don't worry about it. It sounds like you tried to explain your mistake and help her figure out what to do, but she was too focused on what she WASN'T getting to realize all that she WAS getting. And by having people cancel orders, she's getting even less now. That's her loss. You don't need people like her to keep your business going - there are plenty of nicer people out there. Keep looking, you'll find them.

Thank you !! ALL of You !! I can't begin to tell you how thoughtful you all are..
I have decided that the world is just NOT a nice place.. and I will be counting the days till the Good LORD returns.. LOLReally serious it is not worth it, it just makes it hard when "you" try and be a nice and honest person.. it really brings you heart ache ...And she keeps referring to her last consultant and she called a few minutes ago.. and I finally said Sondra.. you said that the last show you hosted was 7- 11 yrs ago.. and I am not sure I understand what your consultant did for you... gave you perks for getting booking from you show.. and always added tons of FREE items for you.. and you said that you always got to use your FPV towards your 1/2 priced items.. and you asked me how she got around it... I said I am not sure... and really I can't explain it.. but I can tell you everything I do I enter on the computer and I can not change the codes.. on the other hand I am not saying that your previous consultant did this... but on paper you can change a lot .. the ways you can enter things.. and honestly Sondra.. I am not like that .. I am an honest person and I like to keep it that way.. if I could change something for you I would.. but not in a decieving way..
and I said I was sorry again..SO as of now.. she said that she will re configure her order and that she will call me in the morning and let me know what she would like to do.. and as for the other 2 shows that I am supposedly going to do.. she just will not be at them..
I am sorry to say.. if you are not mad at me and you are mad at PC you sure are not making that clear to me.. and I am not your OLD consultant.. and now that I think about it .. I remember you saying that you did not like her and that is why you never booked a show with her... wow .. look what a little time reflection does for me LOLAnother.. question for you guys.. her Niece lives in Allen Tx .. that is 1 1/2 hours from where I live.. I am thinking of calling HO and asking to refer her to a consultant in that area.. I don't feel up to that kind of drama ... will Sondra still get a discount for Nov if someone else does the show.. ?? thanks again for all your advice.. :)

If Sondra's niece booked a party off of her.. and it is entered on PP3.. Then Sondra can get the host special at nieces party as long as it is held within 6 months of Sondra's party. I hope that is clear. The booking follows the host. She will need to enter her PC host # though. -it comes with her order (on a card)
So sorry about this lady.. It is not the norm. Just bless and release.. as everyone says here. It works. If you decide to do the niece's party in Allen, it doesn't sound like Sondra will be there. Or you can find someone else to do it. That would be understandable.. to run the other way.. geeze.. what a grouch.
anyway.. Welcome back to PC. At least you now have that "hard one" behind you.. up hill from here... gonna get better.. clear sailing now.. LOL

Yes, the host booking benefit is attached to the host (with the host number), not the consultant. Also, not that you want to help this lady out one bit after all of this but, you might want to let her know that if she does want to get the host specials from those bookings that you don't get paid commission on the 60% off items. By not taking advantage of them, she's really hurting herself and her friends, but not you. Of course, you could deal with that later, when things die down a little.

FYI, I have been a consultant for over 8 years, and the various host benefits were never combined like she's trying to tell you. At least not in the last 8 years. If anything, the benefits have gotten better with the "new" host program! Before we switched to getting FPV, hosts had to spend "points" (much like how we redeemed our points as consultants for the latest promotion), and they had to add up exactly or you lost whatever you didn't use. There was no discount off whatever you went over or anything like that.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. It is sometimes so hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but you have to believe it's there!

I guess I was posting at the same time as Ginger!

I forgot about the neice too... I would totally be "blessing" someone else with that show. If it was a good show or the host was someone you liked, that would be one thing, but I wouldn't be wanting anything related to this woman!

Good luck!

Also- if you still have everyone's orders- and she decides she wants to cancel the show and cancel everyone's orders- then I would individually call each person that ordered and submit a different show. Then I would put myself as the host and keep all the benefits- YOU DESERVE IT!

Years ago when hosts were rewarded points they got points for bookings which added to their rewards and depending on the total amount of the sales PC had bonus free gifts. That is how I got extra stoneware loaf pans and others--you didn't have a choice they gave you this on top of the points. This system we have now is so much better and easier for all.

The host did say she would not be at any of the shows you got from hers- you might have some great shows without her! (We can't pick our relatives....her niece might be very embarrassed by her, and have a great circle of friends of her own!) Don't dismiss them, unless you have plenty of bookings and aren't hurt by a few less shows

I missed this thread, but I just wanted to say that it sounds like you handled this in the best way possible, and that this lady would have been a PITA to anyone else who did her show, too.

I know it's easier said than done, but BLESS AND RELEASE this crazy one!

I hope she keeps her show (for your sake, and the sake of those who ordered...she's not being very fair to them) and that your bookings turn out to be SUPER! Like cookin said, her friends/relatives may think she's totally over reacting and a bit nuts!

As for the one that is 1.5 hours away...I would check with your cluster (or hospitality...you said you just moved?) and see if any of them want the show. If not, I would call HO and ask them for a referral. Don't feel obligated to drive so far. I know I wouldn't do it unless it was for a HUGE (as in guaranteed HUGE) show.

Update... God is GOOD .. Great !!
OK so Sondra called me this morning, and of course I did not answer.. I wanted a bit of peace being that I did not go to bed till 2 AM..

Anyway in talking w/ my MIL she said Lara God will use this time.. and time itself is a real healer.. and it was..

I talked to Sondra this afternoon and she decided to take advantage of everything.. and after I told her I did not sleep at all last night being so up set.. she said that she was really sorry.. WOW... I felt so much better.. and I told her that I was going to follow up with all the booking leads and she said that she had already talked to them.. and one of them even told her that she was going to keep her word to me and holds the show... that all that other stuff did not bug her.. :)

And the daughter said that she wanted to keep her catalog show.. she is moving in the mo of Nov but still wanted the nov special... I will not be holding my breath on this ONE>> but the niece that lives in Allen ... I looked it up from my house and on a positive note I have family that lives in Plano, and a friend that is moving to McKinney ..
so either way I can see family and friends if I do this show...

oh yeah.. after all this I told Sondra that it will be shipped to her and that she should get it in about 7- 10 wking days..
she does not want it shipped to her house... she wants it shipped to me.. can I do this.. and can her guests still be charged the 4.25 shipping>>

I think that I just enter my address into P3 where it asks for shipping address.. is this right?

HUGE THANKS to everyone ... :)

Yes, just enter your addy as the shipping address, and check the box that says ship to shipping addy. :) I'm so happy to hear that everything worked out.

Just have it in her name with C/O your name and your address in the shipment address part.

So happy to hear that this turned back into something good for you, Lara! Get some rest--you surely deserve it!

Oh Lara, I am embarassed to say that I just now noticed and read this thread (I'm not on here as much lately). First, congrats on doing the show and getting the bookings! More importantly, you deserve HUGE kudos for how graciously you handled this woman.
:sing::sing::sing:

ps - Am sending you a PM ref talking today/tomorrow. Now I need your advice on something!

Last edited:
Lara,
You did an awesome job with this host and all the drama she put you through. Continue to bless others and grow with your PC.

Lara,
I am sure we all have had hosts that no matter what we did would not have been happy with, I think you handled the situation fantastically and I know how hard it is to start anew in a differant state, getting started is most difficult but just keep your chin up and when you are unsure of something PC wise, this is definately the place to come for answers.

God Bless you!!

LCOLACHICO said:
OK so Sondra called me this morning, and of course I did not answer.. I wanted a bit of peace being that I did not go to bed till 2 AM..

Anyway in talking w/ my MIL she said Lara God will use this time.. and time itself is a real healer.. and it was..

I talked to Sondra this afternoon and she decided to take advantage of everything.. and after I told her I did not sleep at all last night being so up set.. she said that she was really sorry.. WOW... I felt so much better.. and I told her that I was going to follow up with all the booking leads and she said that she had already talked to them.. and one of them even told her that she was going to keep her word to me and holds the show... that all that other stuff did not bug her.. :)

And the daughter said that she wanted to keep her catalog show.. she is moving in the mo of Nov but still wanted the nov special... I will not be holding my breath on this ONE>> but the niece that lives in Allen ... I looked it up from my house and on a positive note I have family that lives in Plano, and a friend that is moving to McKinney ..

oh yeah.. after all this I told Sondra that it will be shipped to her and that she should get it in about 7- 10 wking days..
she does not want it shipped to her house... she wants it shipped to me.. can I do this.. and can her guests still be charged the 4.25 shipping>>

I think that I just enter my address into P3 where it asks for shipping address.. is this right?

HUGE THANKS to everyone ... :)
So So Glad this turned out well! You did the right thing throughout the ordeal - and God did bless that! I bet you'll sleep well tonight!:D

All of you are such a blessing !!! and I am truly thankful to each and every one of you !!
I love this site and all the support.. and I feel like I am making new friends even thought we talk on the computer ... LOL

I firmly believe that God will bless you when trying to walk in the right >>
their is no other way to do it.. we live in a fallen world..
I seriously began to pray.. and He listened .. and he even spoke to Sondra's heart.

Blessing to all of YOU and may God continue to bless your business and our Country ..
Remember to Vote... keep praying and remember that it will not matter who sits New in the white house>>>>God is always in control.. :)

Lara, I am so glad that this worked out for you. You are right, you asked God and he took control. Not only is this a learning experience for you, but for the rest of us that are new. I remember my director saying "free is free and 1/2 price is 1/2 price" but it took a moment to really sink in what she was saying.

I still would call HO and let them know the situation, even though it turned out the way it did. Just because she is now changing the ship to address to you. It makes me wonder when the next shoe will drop, if you know what I mean. Does she expect you to deliver the items or have the people pick them up from you?

You were honest with her and you kept your dignity. I think that she tried to bully you and shame on her. And I am speaking from experience here, but people don't really think about us as much as we think they are thinking about us. So don't let this hurt your inner spirit. Like one of the other posts says, "release and move on".

God bless you and your business!

Connie

LCOLACHICO said:

but the niece that lives in Allen ... I looked it up from my house and on a positive note I have family that lives in Plano, and a friend that is moving to McKinney ..

God is good all the time! If you decide that you don't want to drive all the way over here, I'll be happy to take the show off your hands! ;)

I'm glad Sondra settled down and didn't cancel the entire show. While you "didn't read the fine print", she obviously didn't either! It was there in black and white on the catalogs and on the show planner. You didn't try to deceive her. No one has to take advantage of the 1/2 Price products of the Host Specials, so Hosts can let them go unused if money is tight. As someone else said, you don't make $$ off of these either, so don't try bending over backwards to make people happy using them!

By having the show shipped to you, you know you get your OSOs! Go the extra mile and sort the rest of the orders for her since you have to get yours out anyway. We're called as Christians to show grace/extend love when people aren't acting worthy, so remember that a star is best seen at night and let your light shine! We all have challenges that allow us to grow.

wow. How did I miss this thread!?!?Lara, I am so sorry that you had to go through so much drama -- but what a blessing that your story had a happy ending.
IMO, you did everything right (once you realized your mistake). You acknowledged that you made a mistake & were so gracious in trying to serve your customer to the highest level.
I'm soooo glad that she came to her senses.
And WAY TO GO on getting multiple bookings from her show. You obviously did a GREAT job in order to get so many bookings .

Lara; I also missed this thread. You handled the situation very professionally and you should be very proud of yourself. I am sorry you had to go though the mess though, some people are not happy unless they make everyone else miserable.

ChefEileen said:
...some people are not happy unless they make everyone else miserable.

Oh so true, and oh, so sad.:(

:( well it looks like the booking are not going as planned ...

My Nov show canceled today.. said that she just had to many things going on.. but I offered her the catalog show anyway.. :)

my show for this Sunday it still holding but Host said she has no idea how many are going to show.. Honestly.. I want to walk :yuck:... she wants me to buy all the ing. for 3 different recipes.. not a big deal.. but still it puts me out.. and i am just frustrated with the whole ordeal... :grumpy:

Sorry to keep venting.. but THanks for listening... you all really make me feel loved:love:

thanks for all the support !!!!

You are in charge of YOUR busines. If you don't put your foot down, folks are going to run all over you. Believe me. I have been there. If the host for Sunday wants to do 3 recipes, make her buy the ingredients for 2 of the recipes. I don't buy ingredients for anyone unless they just can't afford it because it cost ME money. And if I am buying, I'm not doing 3 recipes. Good luck to you.

Did you agree to give this Host a "Free Show" or does she plan on paying you back? It's not fair for you to buy all the ingredients for her! She gets the $15 of FPV for buying the ingredients if the Show is only $150! Do you think the original Host called and caused the cancellation and expecting you to buy the ingredients? I only do that when I offer my "Free Shows" for registering at my booths...just as an incentive!

Lara, do what you can but I would definitely be sure you delivered the orders! I sure would not trust this lady to do so! Sounds like she could "be in a bad mood" and "forget" to deliver everyone's order and they get made at you!

Hang in there, Sister!

pcchefjane said:
Did you agree to give this Host a "Free Show" or does she plan on paying you back? It's not fair for you to buy all the ingredients for her! She gets the $15 of FPV for buying the ingredients if the Show is only $150! Do you think the original Host called and caused the cancellation and expecting you to buy the ingredients? I only do that when I offer my "Free Shows" for registering at my booths...just as an incentive!

Lara, do what you can but I would definitely be sure you delivered the orders! I sure would not trust this lady to do so! Sounds like she could "be in a bad mood" and "forget" to deliver everyone's order and they get made at you!

Hang in there, Sister!

No I never said a thing about a free show.. she said that she will have her bf pay me back..

i hope its true.. worse case .. i have everything from her show sent to me and i hold her items till she can pay me for the ing..

I am not sure what to think about this past host... I think I am just going to be done all together when this next show is over... her daughter wants to do a catalog show for the school she works at.. but travels to 4 different ones and wants to leave catalogs every where.. I am not liking that and I think I need to put my foot down and just say no.. Really what do I have to loose.. a headache !! LOL

Just bummed.. still new to TX and feel like i am on a dry road..
this time last year I was so busy.. and I had a blast.. I love the holidays..

Oh well ... I will be positive !!!! it will happen :)

LCOLACHICO said:
No I never said a thing about a free show.. she said that she will have her bf pay me back..

i hope its true.. worse case .. i have everything from her show sent to me and i hold her items till she can pay me for the ing..

I am not sure what to think about this past host... I think I am just going to be done all together when this next show is over... her daughter wants to do a catalog show for the school she works at.. but travels to 4 different ones and wants to leave catalogs every where.. I am not liking that and I think I need to put my foot down and just say no.. Really what do I have to loose.. a headache !! LOL

Just bummed.. still new to TX and feel like i am on a dry road..
this time last year I was so busy.. and I had a blast.. I love the holidays..

Oh well ... I will be positive !!!! it will happen :)
Lara......prayers to you for moving thru this situation. You don't know how many of us have learned along with you what to do and how to handle something like this. I know you are ready to be "rid" of it all...if this daughter seems genuinly excited about doing the catalog thing...maybe this will help you "get off that dry road" you are traveling down. You never know where it may lead? You made it this far and you won't be brought to it with out Him getting you thru it.

I'd let the daughter do the catalog thing. I just had a catty show with a teacher and he had over $500 in orders! If she takes them to 4 schools, it could be huge. I had the order sent to me since it had several "outside orders" for customers from a fair booth and sorted it for him. I put thank you notes in each one (my DD sells Close to my Heart scrapbooking, stamping, and cardmaking supples so I make the cards myself) and offered a free Spice if they booked a Show in November! There was 12 orders from the teachers. I am doing another teacher one (Cooking Show) on Nov 11th and I hope that will be a good one too!

I'll be thinking about and praying for you on Sunday. Keep your head up high and your spirits too!

I had a similar situation and now I take control of my calendar and remember, it is YOUR business not theirs.

I attended a class at conference with Yvette Yeomans and Nancy Zawicki (not sure of the correct spelling) called Win Win Host Coaching. They were awsome. I asked them both to send me their notes from the workshop and they did. Nancy mailed me a copy and Yvette sent me hers via email. I found that coaching the host makes all the difference. I find out what they want and they find out how I operate MY business.

My computer crashed back in September and I no longer have Vyettes' notes, but you could go to her personal web site and ask her to send you her notes. I really think that you would like to see what she had to say. She is a million $ sales person. pamperedchef.biz/yvette

Good luck!

Connie

I haven't got much to add other than I feel really bad you had to go through this situation! I had an issue last week where a reminder email was sent automatically from my PWS to a guest invited by a hostess, and I had used postcalls to send her a reminder phone call about the show. She emailed me with "Stop emailing me at work and calling me at home. You do not have permission to do either of those things. Stop now." I was really hurt...I hadn't even sent the emails (my host did, and my PWS sent the reminder automatically), and my postcalls reminder was just a friendly "Hope to see you there!" It bugged me for a few days, but I realized that not everyone is tactful and I shouldn't take it personally. :)

Hathery said:
I haven't got much to add other than I feel really bad you had to go through this situation! I had an issue last week where a reminder email was sent automatically from my PWS to a guest invited by a hostess, and I had used postcalls to send her a reminder phone call about the show. She emailed me with "Stop emailing me at work and calling me at home. You do not have permission to do either of those things. Stop now." I was really hurt...I hadn't even sent the emails (my host did, and my PWS sent the reminder automatically), and my postcalls reminder was just a friendly "Hope to see you there!" It bugged me for a few days, but I realized that not everyone is tactful and I shouldn't take it personally. :)

Oh that is just terrible! Sorry someone did that to you, it's hard to let that stuff go and not let it eat at you. People just don't realize sometimes that their reactions, and over-reactions can really affect people who are just trying to be thorough in their job. Did you let the host know about what she e-mailed you? Maybe she'll let her in on how things worked and then that lady will feel guilty. Probably not, but it would be great if she did! ;)

Great job Lara, handling this problem. I have had many hosts who have unfortunately tried to bluff me. Insisting that they would never have anything to do with PC if I didn't give in to their demands. Just like my toddlers and you know what? I held my ground, prayed and God took care of it each time. They would call me back, apologize and continue with their show order.

It's silly but there are many immature people we will have to deal with in this business and just as everyone stated on here, this is YOUR business and you run it how you see best! You can't please everyone but as long as you please the Lord and your family you will be fine!

Debbbie :chef:

babywings76 said:
Oh that is just terrible! Sorry someone did that to you, it's hard to let that stuff go and not let it eat at you. People just don't realize sometimes that their reactions, and over-reactions can really affect people who are just trying to be thorough in their job. Did you let the host know about what she e-mailed you? Maybe she'll let her in on how things worked and then that lady will feel guilty. Probably not, but it would be great if she did! ;)

No, I didn't let my host know. She's a very high-strung/worrying sort of personality, and I think she would be absolutely crushed if she knew someone said that to me. She's a good friend and I wouldn't want to burden her with it (although it might be worth her while so she doesn't try inviting that person to any more DS parties!)

I think some people think that all DS people are crooks, so we're definitely going to get the short end of the stick sometimes. :(

Just catching this thread! So sorry you had to deal with this woman...some people are just unbelieveable!! At least it all worked out and I'm very glad for you.

As Kelly said...Bless and Release!!!!!! :)

First let me just tell you all how thankful I am to have all of you here !!! you all have no idea what a wonderful support you are to me.. and i mean that..
I would be lost w/o cs.. really.. all of you are the reason why I stay motivated.. you all listen and give advice.. which is a blessing.. thank you!!

Update on this Sundays show.. My host Cynthia is so sweet.. she really has a great heart.. although the show was a bomb!! if it were not for her outside orders it would have been a no go.. She was doing this show for her bf and invited all of his friends.. (who apparently do not like her) Lets just say that this was the Rudest group I have ever worked for.. They were terrible LOL .. they even said to me " what part if Texas are you Not from"..
and I said born and raised CA girl !! I am sure that made them sick LOL
really their attitude was so bad that i had to laugh.. I told Cynthia please enjoy yourself and have fun.. I am here for you and Jerry.. not them and if they choose not to order.. its their loss :O)

she had one of her friends who went to Sondra's show come to this one too. Wow can I just say that she ordered another $130. from me !! .. she is not interested in hosting a show nor a book one.. but that is ok.. she will continue to order from me :)

I told her that I wanted to give her a special thanks ... I know that she wanted the dill season and she loves new recipes .. I told her that I would order her the dill season and a seasons best cookbook at no charge..
I know that it is not much but she was so thankful !! ;)

It made me realize that I was being blessed..

So the daughter that was going to do a catalog show has decided to do a show !!! Yeah and I am excited.. and the niece in Allen, TX canceled and said that maybe she would do one next year.. that right now she is just to busy.. and that is ok.. it will all work for God's glory !!!

THANk You ALL !! I love reading all your advise and also love that you all share your stories too. I understand that I am not alone :) and I am always here for you too !!

lara

Hathery said:
I am so Sorry that this happened to you !! that was so mean...
you know people are so mean with words and what they don't get is that
once you say them .. you can't take them back. no matter how bad you feel..
people need to think twice before they speak or write.. sometimes its best to say nothing at all... that is what my mom used to say.. "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all "and that is where I try to stand... now I have fallen before but I try to live by this...

<h2>1. Can my host use both her 1/2 priced items and earned show credit towards her purchase?</h2><p>Unfortunately, according to our company policy, hosts are not able to combine their 1/2 priced items with their earned show credit. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and will do our best to make it right for you.</p><h2>2. What should I do if I realize I made a mistake during the show closing process?</h2><p>If you realize that you made a mistake during the show closing process, the first step is to contact your director for guidance. They can help you find a solution and provide you with the necessary information to resolve the issue.</p><h2>3. How can I handle a mistake I made during show closing with my host?</h2><p>If you made a mistake during show closing, it's important to be honest and transparent with your host. Let them know what happened and offer them options to make it right, such as paying for the 1/2 priced items or choosing a different 1/2 priced item.</p><h2>4. Will my mistake affect my ability to book future shows with my host?</h2><p>We understand that mistakes happen and we will do our best to make it right for you and your host. Your ability to book future shows with your host should not be affected by this mistake, as long as you handle the situation professionally and offer a solution.</p><h2>5. What can I do to prevent making a similar mistake in the future?</h2><p>To prevent making a similar mistake in the future, it's important to always carefully review and understand the fine print and policies before closing a show. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to your director for clarification. We also recommend double-checking all information and calculations before finalizing the show closing process.</p>

1. Can my host use both her 1/2 priced items and earned show credit towards her purchase?

Unfortunately, according to our company policy, hosts are not able to combine their 1/2 priced items with their earned show credit. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and will do our best to make it right for you.

2. What should I do if I realize I made a mistake during the show closing process?

If you realize that you made a mistake during the show closing process, the first step is to contact your director for guidance. They can help you find a solution and provide you with the necessary information to resolve the issue.

3. How can I handle a mistake I made during show closing with my host?

If you made a mistake during show closing, it's important to be honest and transparent with your host. Let them know what happened and offer them options to make it right, such as paying for the 1/2 priced items or choosing a different 1/2 priced item.

4. Will my mistake affect my ability to book future shows with my host?

We understand that mistakes happen and we will do our best to make it right for you and your host. Your ability to book future shows with your host should not be affected by this mistake, as long as you handle the situation professionally and offer a solution.

5. What can I do to prevent making a similar mistake in the future?

To prevent making a similar mistake in the future, it's important to always carefully review and understand the fine print and policies before closing a show. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to your director for clarification. We also recommend double-checking all information and calculations before finalizing the show closing process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Kristianne