• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I join Pampered Chef?

In summary, Susan is having trouble getting bookings for her parties. She has two shows for the fall, but they can't book earlier than that. She is now considering other options, like hosting a show herself or being the consultant.
SusanK
I am having trouble getting bookings (the first 4). A friend of mine is now avoiding me and I have only spoken to her about it twice, and briefly. My mother was less than enthusiastic, although this I understand as she is in her 70's. My sister said she thought she could only get a couple of people to come, but that she would do a party for me. My brother and his wife will do a catalog show for me, but that is in another state so, no bookings. I can do a show, but don't know how successful that would be. My friends just aren't party people. I have two shows for the fall, if I join, but they can't book earlier than that. People love the products, but don't want to do shows. I really would like to do Pampered Chef as I love to cook, but am now looking at other options. I don't know that many people here and I live in New England where people are not as friendly as the midwest where I grew up and I am not sure how to do this. Sorry this is so wordy.

Have you thought about doing a show yourself? I had a show and my aunt booked from it with a little hesitation. At her show, she submitted $1000 in sales and had 4 bookings from it! I helped her figure out her free product (it's when PC did points instead of free product value and I wasn't a consultant yet) and they convinced me to become a consultant. I did the next day and haven't looked back since! I love it and I love all the product I have! I am in the kitchen making dinner a lot more and not ordering out! My husband loves it b/c he doesn't have to cook as much either!

I would invite everyone you know and collect outside orders as well. Even though you are the consultant, you can still have your own show! Put up flyers in the grocery store, laundry mats, anywhere people are!
Good luck with your decision!

Susan,

I just signed another consultant who had the same concerns as you. Your concern is valid, considering bookings are the lifeline of our business.

Let me see if I can alleviate some of your concerns. Here are a few suggestions...

1.) Talk to your recruiter and/or director. Tell them of your concerns. They can help you walk through your List of 100 and help you find the bookings. If you do not have someone you are working with, please contact me and I will be more than willing to help you through this process. My information is below.

2.) Host a show as a host. You can host a show and then use some of your free product value to lower the amount of your start-up kit. Any bookings from this show should be given to you by the consultant.

3.) Host a show as a consultant. Again, invite everyone you know. Also, invite everyone in your neighborhood. Knock on their door, introduce yourself as the new neighborhood PC woman and invite them to your show.

4.) Be excited. Tell everyone you know that you have started a new business. When I started, I called people telling them that I had recently started with PC and would they be willing to host a show. Not only would they be helping me get started, but they would receive a lot of PC products for FREE.

Those are just a couple of starting points. The most important thing is making your list of 100. That is a list of all the people you know, locally or otherwise. It is amazing how many people we all know once we start working on it. If your recruiter has not given you the list format yet, please let me know and I will forward one to you. If you want to get started today on that list, use the FRANK acronym. List 5 people in the following categories...

F...Friends
R...Relatives
A...Acquaintances (hairdressers, bank tellers, dentist, this can be anyone!)
N...Neighbors
K...Kids... people you know through your kids or other peoples kids.

I hope that gives you a start. If you have any other questions, please feel free to call me. I have unlimited long distance, so if you want just e-mail me that you want to talk and I will call you so you don't have to pay for the call.

This is such an exciting business. It can be scary and overwhelming at first, but is so worth it in the end. Plus, there is a new consultant incentive for June and an incentive for all consultants in July. Basically that equates to more FREE stuff for us!!! :D

Good luck in your decision. I hope to hear from you soon.

Remember, it's not only who you know, it's who you friends know. Once you get out of your immediate circle of friends/relatives, things will definitely pick up! Encourage every host to invite people from lots of different areas of their lives. Tell them to not just invite the ladies from work, or church, but invite people they know from everywhere. I don't know if I worded this clearly, but vary the crowd. That way, if someone books, the new host knows that she will have other people to invite, not just the same people who were at the show she booked from!!!

Good luck!

Hi there,I completely understand your frustration with trying to get bookings. It can be tough when friends and family are not as enthusiastic as we had hoped. But don't give up just yet! There are still ways to grow your business and have successful shows.Firstly, don't be discouraged by your friend avoiding you or your mother's lack of enthusiasm. It's important to remember that not everyone will be interested in hosting a party, and that's okay. Instead, try reaching out to other acquaintances or colleagues, and even join local community groups or organizations to meet new people who may be interested in hosting a party.You mentioned that you have two shows for the fall, which is great! Use those as opportunities to showcase the products and gather potential bookings. Also, consider offering incentives or rewards for those who book a party with you. This can entice people who may not have been interested before to give it a try.Additionally, don't underestimate the power of social media. Utilize platforms like Facebook or Instagram to showcase your products, share recipes, and reach out to potential hosts. You can also join online cooking groups or forums to connect with others who share your love for cooking.Lastly, don't be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone and try new things. Host a cooking demonstration at a local community center or offer to do a cooking class for a charity event. These can be great opportunities to showcase your skills and products to a new audience.I hope these suggestions help and don't give up on your Pampered Chef business. With determination and a little creativity, you can still have a successful and fulfilling experience as a consultant. Best of luck to you!

1. What exactly is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items to help make meal preparation easier and more enjoyable.

2. How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up online through our website or connect with a current consultant who can guide you through the process. You will also need to purchase a starter kit with essential products to get started.

3. What are the benefits of joining Pampered Chef?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can enjoy flexible work hours, earn commission on sales, receive discounts on products, and have the opportunity to connect with a supportive community of consultants.

4. Do I have to be a cooking expert to join Pampered Chef?

No, you do not need to be a cooking expert to join Pampered Chef. Our products are designed to make cooking easier for people of all skill levels. We also provide training and resources to help you learn more about our products and cooking techniques.

5. How much does it cost to join Pampered Chef?

The cost to join Pampered Chef varies depending on the starter kit you choose, but typically ranges from $109 to $249. This cost includes all the tools and resources you need to start your Pampered Chef business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • BAB@MistletoeFarm
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • WestCoastPC