• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Can I Cook for My Host with a Crazy Diet?

In summary, the host's friend cannot have fruit and sugar together, but she can have fructose which comes from fruit. This one is really racking my brain...
MissChef
Gold Member
I'm trying to come up with something to cook for my host on Thursday but she has alot of limitations...
*No Dairy
*No fruit and sugar together
*if there is sugar... she can use frutose
*Can't have a lot of processed food.... a lot of hidden things in processed food
****Oh yeah! She's a vegetarian too!!
this is making me crazy!! She's a friend too so I want to make it nice!

So this is beyond me... cause I love meat, cheese, and dairy!
any ideas???:confused: :confused:
TIA:)

Apple Berry Salsa.....but what would you do about the cinnamon chips....hmmmm.......

Let me think a little bit Cathy....

Oh boy!!!! That is a tough one - go check the its good for you cookbook -

OR hey - is it only her?? You are cooking for her friends tell her - You can throw her a little gift for the sacifice of not getting to eat your delish recipe -

I'm confused. :confused: :confused:

She can't have fruit and sugar together, but she can have fructose??

Is she aware that fructose is the sugar that comes from fruit? She can't eat fruit without the sugar...

This one is really racking my brain...

I'm a vegetarian and I don't eat dairy, but there are healthy alternatives. I'll keep thinking!

Does she eat Dairy Alternatives? Like Soy or something else?

What about the Seven Layer Southwestern Salad - if she could sub the cheese and sour cream with soy alternatives?

How about this with the chicken on the side:

Berry-Pine Nut Chicken Salad

Ingredients:
Dressing
3 tbsp (45 mL) red wine vinegar
2 tbsp (30 mL) seedless raspberry jam
1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) salt
1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) coarsely ground black pepper

Salad
1/4 cup (50 mL) pine nuts
1 bag (5-6 oz/150-175 g) Boston lettuce salad blend (about 5 cups/125 L torn Boston lettuce)
1 cup (250 mL) blueberries
1 lb (500 g) cooked chicken breasts (about 4)
1/4 small red onion
8 oz (250 g) sugar snap peas (2 cups/500 mL)

That could work...Maybe????

ChefBeckyD said:
Does she eat Dairy Alternatives? Like Soy or something else?

What about the Seven Layer Southwestern Salad - if she could sub the cheese and sour cream with soy alternatives?

The pretend sour cream is full of weird stuff and it doesn't taste very good.

Mmmmmm - that's a good one Danielle!

daniellemorgan said:
The pretend sour cream is full of weird stuff and it doesn't taste very good.

I've never tried it :yuck: - but I thought she might eat it????

I'd go with a salad. Do all of her friends eat the same way she does because I doubt they'd be excited to come to a show where the demo recipe is something like vegan soy cheesecake with wheatberry drizzle.:yuck:

ChefBeckyD said:
I've never tried it :yuck: - but I thought she might eat it????

It's very deceiving. It smells like sour cream, but :yuck: !

How about the Summer Spinach Salad? I think you can buy sugar-free raspberry vinaigrette...

Summer Spinach Salad
Ingredients:
1 cup (250 mL) raspberries
7 cups (1.75 L) fresh baby spinach leaves
2 firm, ripe medium nectarines or peaches, sliced into thin wedges
1/3 cup (75 mL) toasted sliced almonds
3/4 cup (175 mL) raspberry vinaigrette

Directions:
1. Rinse raspberries. Place in small colander of Salad and Berry Spinner; spin until dry and remove small colander.

2. Rinse spinach; spin until dry in large colander of Salad and Berry Spinner. Place spinach into serving bowl. Add nectarine slices, raspberries and almonds; toss gently. Drizzle with vinaigrette.

Yield: 6 servings

linojackie said:
I'd go with a salad. Do all of her friends eat the same way she does because I doubt they'd be excited to come to a show where the demo recipe is something like vegan soy cheesecake with wheatberry drizzle.:yuck:

LOL - thanks for the laugh!

linojackie said:

LOL!!!

That is so true!

I was also thinking a taco/fajita bar type of demo - and you could have refried beans as a meat alternative for those who don't want meat....and grilled peppers and onions, and then offer guacamole and salsa, and cheese.......and those who don't want cheese don't have to have that either!

That could be a great interactive demo!

Ask her to share a few of her favorite recipes, then pick one that demos the higher value PC tools and products.Salad is a great choice too...ask her to provide her fav dressing and prepare another for guests.Unless of course, they are all on the same diet :)

I had a host similar to this. We ended up making a veggie platter, we were able to play with lots of little tools. I used the v-shaped cutter to make a pretty dip bowl in teh middle out of a red pepper and served in the rectangle chillzanne... I served it in the rectangle woven selections for the wow factor and it worked! Even though we used little gadgets the end presentation sold big!

Salad was my first thought as well....Colossal Chopped Salad without the chicken would work.

how about the new chicken grapefruit avacado salad, but leave out the chicken and just toast the pecans in the 8" exec pan?

Strawberry Spinach Salad.

Mmmmmmm

vetetarian fajitasWell, my thought is doing the vegi fajitas using marinated portabello mushroom as the meat alternative I use about 8 oz mushroom to 2 bell peppers and one onion. I would marinate mushrooms in a southwest blend something like this:
juice of one lime and zest
1 clove fresh pressed garlic
1/2 cup organic olive oil
2 tsp chipotle rub or southwestern

you could also serve a fresh salsa like mango or cantelope for a change of flavor.
Basic salsa
3 cups chopped fruit or tomato
1 medium chopped onion
1 jalepeno seeded and minced
juice and zest of one lime
1/2 cup minced cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp oregano
1tsp ground cumin

I hope that helps.

Check with her on mushrooms though. A lot of vegetarians and super healthy eaters don't do mushrooms because it's a fungus.

What about the Asian Pork Noodle Skillet minus the pork? We had a director prepare this at one of our cluster meetings who said she makes everything vegetarian. It was still very good without the meat. :chef:

linojackie said:
Check with her on mushrooms though. A lot of vegetarians and super healthy eaters don't do mushrooms because it's a fungus.
True! If they have issues with yeast and fungus, you could just marinate strips of zucchini and summer squash instead.;)

Season's Best Cookbook - spring 2008Try the Watermelon Peach Salsa with Cayenne Chips - ask her if the tortillas for the chips are OK, if not, use Wonton wrappers and just watch they don't burn in the oven. There is absolutely no fat, no sugar - probably the most natural thing around. Maybe serve the salsa on cucumber rounds?:chef:

muffetts said:
Try the Watermelon Peach Salsa with Cayenne Chips - ask her if the tortillas for the chips are OK, if not, use Wonton wrappers and just watch they don't burn in the oven. There is absolutely no fat, no sugar - probably the most natural thing around. Maybe serve the salsa on cucumber rounds?:chef:
Dang that sounds good!!! Have you made it?

Thanks Stephanie and everyone else! I will run these recipes by her... she already said something about a mango salsa!
I appreciate everyones' feedback!:D

/darciadillard
I have a kale salad at my site. I also do the thai chicken salad without the chicken. Vegetarian pizza with 100% whole wheat crust (cheese substitutes or no cheese)/ I have also done a black bean pizza.

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
Well, my thought is doing the vegi fajitas using marinated portabello mushroom as the meat alternative I use about 8 oz mushroom to 2 bell peppers and one onion. I would marinate mushrooms in a southwest blend something like this:
juice of one lime and zest
1/2 cup organic olive oil

you could also serve a fresh salsa like mango or cantelope for a change of flavor.
Basic salsa
3 cups chopped fruit or tomato
1 medium chopped onion
1 jalepeno seeded and minced
juice and zest of one lime
1/2 cup minced cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp oregano
1tsp ground cumin

I hope that helps.
We decided to go with this recipe!!! Thanks Stephanie! And thanks to everyone who tried to help me out with this one!!!
Stephanie.... She's going to have some chicken there for her non-vegetarian friends and cheese for people who can. She loved this idea and was really excited about and she really loved the idea of marinating all of it and especially the portebello mushrooms, so thanks again my friend!;)

And it's funny because she was already wanting to do Mango Salsa! So this combo of recipes is perfect!!

1. What dietary restrictions can I accommodate as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can accommodate various dietary restrictions, including gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and vegan diets. Our products are also suitable for those following keto and paleo diets.

2. Can I find recipes that meet specific dietary needs in the Pampered Chef catalog?

Yes, our catalog includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions. You can easily filter recipes by dietary needs on our website or contact a consultant for personalized recipe recommendations.

3. How can I adapt my usual Pampered Chef party to accommodate guests with dietary restrictions?

We offer a variety of products that can help you adapt your usual party menu to accommodate different dietary needs. Our consultants can also provide you with tips and suggestions on how to modify recipes to make them suitable for all your guests.

4. Are there any specific products that are best for cooking for guests with dietary restrictions?

We have a range of products that can make cooking for guests with dietary restrictions easier, such as our non-stick cookware, food choppers, and spiralizers. Our consultants can also recommend specific products based on your needs.

5. Can I find allergen information for Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we provide allergen information for all our products on our website. You can also contact a consultant for more detailed information on specific products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• EmilyStraw
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
Replies
Views
lkprescott