• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I handle a large order for a fundraiser with my busy schedule?

In summary, Annie has been busy with her day job and school work, but still active with her business. She recently volunteered with the Greater Boston Food Bank and received a large order for 250 wooden spoon sets at $9 each. She is considering offering them at her cost or as a fundraiser, but is unsure of the best approach. She reached out to HO for a discount, but was told to email the Solution Center with more information on the order. Regardless of how she handles it, it will be a great boost for her sales and business.
AMTC
Gold Member
Okay, I'm in the busiest time of year with my day job and I'm swamped with school work and I've been just staying active with PC- my plan is to finish school in March and go FULL STEAM AHEAD with PC - I also recently volunteered with the Greater Boston Food Bank for 8 Saturdays in a row and got some good leads and then blam! Today they called and want to order 250 wooden spoon sets for a function they are having in January! $9.00x250= $2250

I told them they can have them at mycost (I'd lop off my commission for them), but I was thinking of calling HO to see if they would give an additional discount (which I don't believe will happen) but then thought about ordering them as a fundraiser????

HELP!

What's the best way to handle this????:eek:

AMTC said:
Okay, I'm in the busiest time of year with my day job and I'm swamped with school work and I've been just staying active with PC- my plan is to finish school in March and go FULL STEAM AHEAD with PC - I also recently volunteered with the Greater Boston Food Bank for 8 Saturdays in a row and got some good leads and then blam! Today they called and want to order 250 wooden spoon sets for a function they are having in January! $9.00x250= $2250

I told them they can have them at mycost (I'd lop off my commission for them), but I was thinking of calling HO to see if they would give an additional discount (which I don't believe will happen) but then thought about ordering them as a fundraiser????

HELP!

What's the best way to handle this????:eek:

I think the best thing to do would be to call HO. In fact, if you order a quanitity like that, I believe you have to call HO.

if you did it as a fundraiser - then they would get 15% of the $2250 back, right? so its like taking $337.50 of of the total price.

thats a great order no matter what though! congrats :)
& you sound like me ... busy time of the year at full time job, crazy busy wrapping up school, volunteering outside of everything else. haha. you sound like you are doing GREAT!

Congratulations, Annie!! That will be a huge bonus for your November sales and SAT!

Thanks All! I am so excited! It's for an event they are having in January and they are going to tie them with ribbon and have a card that has the Food Bank info on it AS WELL AS A THANKYOU TO ME AND MY INFO! WOOHOOO!

Also - FYI - I did call HO - I have to put it in an e-mail to Solution Center and tell them who is purchasing the items and what they will be used for. No additional discounts for them - bummer.....:cry:

Wow! How wonderful is that!! I'd say you can submit it as a fundraiser and they'd get 15% back plus if you were already willing to give back you commission you could add an additional 15% = $1625. I wonder if you can submit $800 worth as a regular catalog show then they would get $150 FREE + 30% off on the rest and in addition you could kick back your commission if you like...89 sets @ $9 = $801
16 sets FREE = ($150 value)
145 sets @ 30% off = 913.5
Total = $1714.5 before tax and shipping
Then if you choose you could give an additional 20% back ($342) bringing their final total to $1372 + tax and $4.25 shipping, a $878 savings! AND someone would have 3 1/2 price items to choose from. That would be amazing!

AMTC said:
Thanks All! I am so excited! It's for an event they are having in January and they are going to tie them with ribbon and have a card that has the Food Bank info on it AS WELL AS A THANKYOU TO ME AND MY INFO! WOOHOOO!

Also - FYI - I did call HO - I have to put it in an e-mail to Solution Center and tell them who is purchasing the items and what they will be used for. No additional discounts for them - bummer.....:cry:

That is wonderful, Annie!! Great exposure for you too!! Anyway you do it (fundraiser, show or individual order) will be great.

jcsmilez said:
Wow! How wonderful is that!! I'd say you can submit it as a fundraiser and they'd get 15% back plus if you were already willing to give back you commission you could add an additional 15% = $1625.

I wonder if you can submit $800 worth as a regular catalog show then they would get $150 FREE + 30% off on the rest and in addition you could kick back your commission if you like...

89 sets @ $9 = $801
16 sets FREE = ($150 value)
145 sets @ 30% off = 913.5
Total = $1714.5 before tax and shipping
Then if you choose you could give an additional 20% back ($342) bringing their final total to $1372 + tax and $4.25 shipping, a $878 savings! AND someone would have 3 1/2 price items to choose from. That would be amazing!

I like this idea, but I'm not sure how creative they will let me get with the order.

I just sent off the e-mail.

I'll keep you all posted!:)

It would seem to me that the Food Bank would have a tax exempt number, and that
would save them the tax on the products and shipping. You might want to suggest
that to them, and check with home office. I'm pretty sure there is a place for that
information on our order forms.

Also, when do they need them in January? You would get double points in your own
incentives, and they would get the extra $100 in hostess FREE PRODUCTS. You could
submit on Jan. 2nd, and everyone would be a winner. On the other hand, getting the
orders now would increase your FREE Spring Products. Congratulations, whatever way it goes. It is so exciting to see that your doing for others, is coming back to reward you!

HEY - I FORGOT to tell you all ----I'm doing a FUNDRAISER!!!!;););)
And the head of marketing will be ordering the spoons through the FUNDRAISER! ;)I don't know how that POSSIBLY could have slipped my mind! If it were ANYTHING BUT A FUNDRAISER;) then I would have had to submit it as an INDIVIDUAL ORDER and of course that would be 11% shipping and why would the FOOD BANK want to pay $247 in shipping???????The FUNDRAISER;);););) is going to run until November 30th and the Food bank is going to send an e-mail out to their employees and I will be sending one out to my coworkers at my day job and my PC clients as well.Just thought I'd let you all know in case a large order comes your way while you are doing a FUNDRAISER of your own!;)Wish me luck!

Remember when you are giving back your commission that commission is lower for a fundraiser. I wouldn't want you to forget and then end up giving back more than you make - unless you want to and, it is the food bank, so that's not a bad thing.;)

Thanks Sharon - I did know that and accounted for it!

Dont' forget to ask people to round up- thats more money for the food bank since its where the fundraiser is! hee hee :)

1. How can I find a consultant near me to help with my order?

You can find a consultant near you by using our "Find a Consultant" feature on our website. Simply enter your zip code or city and state, and we'll provide a list of consultants in your area.

2. I need help with my order, who can I contact?

You can contact our customer service team at 1-800-342-2433. They will be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns regarding your order.

3. How can I track my order?

Once your order has been shipped, you will receive an email with a tracking number. You can use this number to track your order on our website or through the shipping carrier's website.

4. Can I make changes to my order after it has been placed?

If you need to make changes to your order, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible. They will do their best to accommodate your request, but please note that changes may not be possible if your order has already been processed and shipped.

5. I'm having trouble with a product I purchased, what should I do?

If you are experiencing any issues with a product you purchased, please contact our customer service team. They will be able to assist you with troubleshooting or provide information on our return and exchange policy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Roadtripray
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg