• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healthy Kids Show: Fun Snack Ideas for Ages 4-10 - Help Needed!

In summary, Kim suggested that the kids chop up their own veggies to put together a healthy snack, and that they could also make a dip or cup of frozen yogurt. Mary suggested recipes for healthy snacks, including pretzels, cheese cubes, and crackers. Debbie shared a recipe for gummy worms.
kimmers
I could really use some ideas. I have been asked to do a Healthy kids kind of show for about 50 kids aged 4 - 10 tomorrow night. They want healthy snacks and stuff that the kids could kind of put together there, and be able to eat. I won't be able to cook anything, as I work all day, and have to drive about an hour to where this is being held. I am kind of a junk food junky myself, so any healthy ideas would be great. I know I can use the a/p/c/s, but what else should I do? I don't have any of the kids tools, but I could probably borrow them from my director or one of my cluster members, but if I don't know what to do with them, it doesn't do me any good. I have been racking my brain, and coming up blank. I had some ideas, but then when I finally got a chance to talk to the lady in charge, they went out the window because of how they want to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Kim

What about the wraps that are on here as a theme? They could use the food chopper to chop up the veggies and then put them together themselves. They are no cook too!

Could you make an easy no cook dip too? Something like Tzaziki (cucumber and yoghurt, you'd have to google for a recipe sorry) and then have cut up carrot sticks, cucumber etc for them to dip?

Kim:

The Berry Wonton Cups (It's Good For You) are a good finger food and you can make the cups up ahead and have the kids fill them there.

Mary H.

Healthy snack recipesHere are some ideas. Remember don't panic, if kids help make things they will eat it. Try to implement the PC tools as much as possible with these recipes since they are not PC recipes just a collection I have personally gotten together either from my own imagination or from other resources.

Instead of serving just one piece of fruit, try using a variety of colourful fruits to keep kids interested. Serve it with yogurt dip or mini muffins on the side.
Monkey Tails - cut bananas in four and insert a Popsicle stick into banana pieces… a healthy banana treat to you, monkey tails to your kids. Occasionally you may want to let them dip it in a little chocolate or brown sugar.
Frozen Yogurt Shapes - Blend a variety of fruit and yogurt at high speed. Place in fun shaped ice cube trays (or plain ice cube trays). Freeze and enjoy healthy frozen yogurt.
Pretzels, cheese cubes, crackers, turkey, even bread made in the bread tube. Use creative cutters to let kids cut out neat shapes and place on top of crackers. Use healthy spinach or wheat crackers. Pita pizzas, and homemade pizzas are great snacks too.
Hope this helps.
Debbie

You could make some gummy worms with the peels from peeling apples with the APCS. Use a box of Jello powder and coat the peel well, place it on a stone and bake for about 8-10 minutes at 350. when you take them out, coat them in the jello powder again.

janel kelly said:
You could make some gummy worms with the peels from peeling apples with the APCS. Use a box of Jello powder and coat the peel well, place it on a stone and bake for about 8-10 minutes at 350. when you take them out, coat them in the jello powder again.

I like that idea, and will definetly pass that on. Unfortunately, I won't have access to an oven.

Thanks again for all your help. This forum rocks!!

The mini dessert pizzas in the Lets Eat Cookbook are no bake and not labor intensive . I have done them at my daughters preschool and they were a hit. Make sure you have plenty of helpers because its a whole different set of dynamics with kids cooking. Good Luck !!!

What is the "Help!! Healthy Kids Show"?

The "Help!! Healthy Kids Show" is a cooking show specifically designed for kids to learn about healthy eating habits and how to make nutritious meals and snacks. It is hosted by Pampered Chef consultants and features fun and interactive recipes that kids can easily make at home.

How long is the "Help!! Healthy Kids Show"?

The "Help!! Healthy Kids Show" typically lasts 30-45 minutes, depending on the recipes and activities included in the show. It is designed to keep kids engaged and interested throughout the entire duration.

What age group is the "Help!! Healthy Kids Show" suitable for?

The "Help!! Healthy Kids Show" is suitable for children of all ages, but is specifically geared towards kids aged 5-12. Younger children may need assistance from an adult, while older kids can follow along independently.

Do I need any special equipment or ingredients for the "Help!! Healthy Kids Show"?

No, the "Help!! Healthy Kids Show" uses common kitchen tools and basic ingredients that can be found at most grocery stores. However, it is recommended to have a parent or guardian present to supervise and assist with any necessary steps.

Can I host a "Help!! Healthy Kids Show" in my own home?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef consultants are available to host "Help!! Healthy Kids Shows" in homes, schools, or other community spaces. It's a great way to get kids excited about cooking and healthy eating habits in a fun and interactive setting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayteTUrner
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KayteTUrner
  • bunksc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bunksc
  • kristina16marie