• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Baking Sweet Hearts: Valentine's Day Cookies with a Surprising Center

In summary, the conversation is about making heart-shaped cookies with a candy center for a Valentine's Day celebration. The person is seeking advice on whether they can use parchment paper on their stoneware instead of aluminum foil and if they can use a ball of aluminum foil in the corner of the muffin pans to create heart shapes. They also mention a similar recipe using stone molds and ask for suggestions on using parchment paper or wax paper.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
I've got this recipe my dd picked out yesterday for me to make for her party on Friday. I made the dough last night, had 2 hr. delay and then ran to store to get the Jolly Ranchers.
My ?? is: It says to put alum. foil on pans and spray with pam before baking.....well I've only used my stones for years can I use parchment on my stone with same effect?? Or do I have to dig my old air bakes out of storage :grumpy: to put alum. foil on them to bake??

Suggestions??

My other dd told me she's been assigned cupcakes and would like Heart shaped ones.........can I put a ball of alum. foil in corner of stoneware muffin pans and still have them bake ok??

Thanks for any and all suggestions!!

Windowpane Hearts
From FamilyFun Magazine

**** out of 5* Rating: Rated by 51 members

Lovin' From the Oven
The Kurmin clan's Valentine's Day celebration is one occasion when "cookie cutter" actually means "unique," thanks to these eye-catching candy-center cookies. And what does this Marshfield, Massachusetts, family drink with their tasty treats? Why, pink milk, of course!

Ingredients

* 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1 large egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/3 teaspoon salt
* 2 1/2 cups flour
* Hard candy for cookie center (we used Jolly Ranchers)

Instructions

To make the dough: Using an electric mixer at medium-high speed, cream the butter, gradually adding the sugar. Beat in the egg until evenly mixed, then blend in the vanilla extract and salt.
With a wooden spoon, stir the flour into the creamed ingredients, about one third at a time, until evenly blended. The dough may seem soft, but it will firm up when refrigerated.
Divide the dough in half. Flatten each portion into a disk and seal in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
To create the cookies: Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Cover a sturdy baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat the foil with cooking spray. Between 2 sheets of waxed paper lightly dusted with flour, roll the dough to a 1/4-inch thickness. Remove the top sheet.
Cut out the cookies with a large cookie cutter. Use a spatula to transfer the shapes to the baking sheet, leaving about an inch between cookies. Remove the centers of the cookies with a smaller cookie cutter. (Save the centers to bake later.)
Place a hard candy (we used Jolly Ranchers) in the center of each heart and bake until the cookies start to brown lightly around the edges and the candy is melted, about 8 to 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely. To prevent sticking, line your serving plate or tin with waxed paper and place additional waxed paper between layers.
Makes 30.

If I remember right, something similar used to be a "Showstopper" a few years ago, using the RUFTH stone molds. It involved melting the Jolly Ranchers in the mold and then popping them out. So I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use your stones. I would use the parchment paper to make it easier to remove the cookies.

Nora,
I've got those heart mold, but that was before I was a consultant, so I'll have to dig out my boxes and see what directions were for them.

Thanks,

Lisa

Nora,
Thanks, now I've got to find my extra roll of parchment, my kiddos were making patterns and I didn't realize how much of my open roll they used. If not I'll have to try Wax Paper and not sure how that will work.

Ugh, I hate when girls get hearts set on something and I don't know how to do it, so I'm hoping and praying these turn out.

Thanks agian,

Lisa

1. What is the surprising center in the Valentine's Day cookies?

The surprising center in our "Baking Sweet Hearts" Valentine's Day cookies is a delicious chocolate filling that is hidden inside the cookie.

2. How do I make the cookie dough for these Valentine's Day cookies?

To make the cookie dough, you will need flour, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and eggs. Mix all of the ingredients together until a soft dough forms. Then, roll out the dough and use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the cookies.

3. Can I use any type of chocolate for the filling?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for the filling, whether it be milk, dark, or white chocolate. You can also add in other ingredients like nuts or sprinkles for added texture and flavor.

4. How long do I need to bake the cookies for?

The cookies should be baked for about 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep an eye on them and take them out when they are lightly golden on the edges.

5. Can I decorate the cookies after they are baked?

Yes, you can decorate the cookies with icing or sprinkles after they have cooled down. This will add a festive touch to your Valentine's Day cookies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmary
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies