• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What went wrong with my Harvest Chicken Salad dressing?

In summary, the dressing recipe calls for 2 oranges, 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard, 2 teaspoons sugar, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper, and 1 small garlic clove.
bridgetbakes
WHAT did I do wrong! I just made the Harvest Chicken Salad for my family and the dressing was SO burning hot/acidic it was almost uneatable!:eek:

I thought I followed the dressing recipe to the letter. Could any of the following ingredients alone or in a combo make such an unpleasant taste?

2 oranges
1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
1 small garlic clove, pressed

Is stone-ground mustard a strong flavor? Perhaps raw garlic (maybe not a small enough clove?) :confused: I REALLY need help because I am making this for a show in a few days!:(

Are you using plain stone ground mustard, or the newer stone ground Dijon mustards that are on the market? It should be the plain type.

Did you use the dry powdered mustard? That would do it! There was a thread about this when the recipe first came out.

I use Boars Head Deli Mustard & it comes out great!

I used McCormicks Ground Mustard. It didn't say "stone ground." Does that make a difference?:confused:

bridgetbakes said:
I used McCormicks Ground Mustard. It didn't say "stone ground." Does that make a difference?:confused:

YES!!!:eek: :yuck: :eek:

You used powdered mustard (a spice)- Stone Ground Mustard would be a condiment - found in a jar or squeeze bottle - with the other mustard/ketchup/mayo type of condiments.

YIKES! Like Becky said... the dried mustard would make it WAY too strong!!!! You want mustard in a jar or bottle, not dried.

bridgetbakes said:

Oh! I didn't understand that last night B!
Yeah - stoneground mustard is wet mustard and it's kind of grainy. That's the one you want.

THANKS everyone! I feel like such a ditz! :blushing:

I told everyone at our cluster meeting last night that I am SO glad this business is about kitchen tools and NOT recipes since I had royally screwed up dinner!

Off to the store for the CORRECT mustard! ;)

What ingredients are included in the "Help! Harvest Chicken Salad"?

The "Help! Harvest Chicken Salad" includes cooked chicken, diced apples, dried cranberries, chopped pecans, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.

Can I substitute the chicken with another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with cooked turkey, canned tuna, or tofu for a vegetarian option.

How long will the "Help! Harvest Chicken Salad" last in the fridge?

The chicken salad can last up to 3-4 days in the fridge if stored in an airtight container.

Can I add additional ingredients to the "Help! Harvest Chicken Salad"?

Absolutely! You can add in diced celery, sliced grapes, or chopped walnuts for extra crunch and flavor.

Is this chicken salad gluten-free?

The chicken salad itself is gluten-free, but make sure to check the labels of your ingredients to ensure they are also gluten-free. You can also use gluten-free bread or lettuce wraps to serve the chicken salad on.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
pamperedpsalmstress
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies