• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Dim Sum Party Demo Without Microplane Grater

In summary, the Deluxe Cheese Grater will not work to grate ginger, but the Garlic Press will. If you are going to be using the grater regularly, it is recommended to freeze extra ginger so that it is not wasted.
chefmelody
I'm doing the Dim Sum and Then Some party today, and I was going to borrow the microplane grater from my director for the demo. However, she's having to take over a show this evening, and I won't be able to get it from her. Will it work if I grate the ginger in the Deluxe Cheese Grater? Or is there something else I can use that will work? Help! I don't want to mess this up.

Before I had the Microplane Grater, I pressed ginger in the Garlic Press. I peeled it first and then pushed it through. It worked great! Good luck!

Lisa

I used the cheese grater & it worked great.

almost all my parties last season were dim sum, and I always used the garlic press. Just a tip is to freeze extra ginger, and then it's not wasted. when you defrost it's softer but goest through the garlic press with ease.

I used the garlic press and it worked great. Thank you all! :D $300 show and she wants to sign, w00t!

I tried the cheese grater with ginger and it was a disaster...because the ginger is so fiberous, it got all jammed up in the grater, so I just used the food chopper and really chopped the heck out of it. That worked for me!

I am going to try the garlic press idea, though.

Also, just fyi, if you are going to be using it regularly, ginger can be left out on the counter for quite a long time. It will kind of dry out where you break it, but the flesh will stay moist for at least a week or two. (It's a root, after all!)

Love+
Rachel

RachelNguyen said:
I tried the cheese grater with ginger and it was a disaster...because the ginger is so fiberous, it got all jammed up in the grater, so I just used the food chopper and really chopped the heck out of it. That worked for me!

I am going to try the garlic press idea, though.

Also, just fyi, if you are going to be using it regularly, ginger can be left out on the counter for quite a long time. It will kind of dry out where you break it, but the flesh will stay moist for at least a week or two. (It's a root, after all!)

Love+
Rachel

I have chopped ginger for curries in the Food Chopper with great success. Any chance of the dim sum recipes - not been in our cookbooks in the UK.

Thanks, Yvonne

1. How can I make shredded vegetables without a microplane grater?

If you don't have a microplane grater, you can use a vegetable peeler to create thin strips of vegetables. You can also use a box grater or a food processor with a shredding attachment to get similar results.

2. Can I substitute a different type of grater for a microplane grater?

Yes, you can use a box grater or a zester to achieve similar results. Just make sure to adjust the amount of pressure you apply to the grater to get the desired consistency.

3. Is it possible to make dim sum without a microplane grater?

Yes, there are many delicious dim sum recipes that do not require a microplane grater. You can use a variety of other tools such as a knife, vegetable peeler, or mandoline to prepare the ingredients.

4. Can I purchase a microplane grater from Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of microplane graters in different sizes and styles. You can purchase them directly from our website or through one of our independent consultants.

5. What are the benefits of using a microplane grater for a dim sum party?

A microplane grater is a great tool for creating perfectly shredded vegetables for your dim sum party. It creates thin, even strips of vegetables that are perfect for filling and rolling into dumplings. It also makes it easy to grate ginger and garlic, which are commonly used in dim sum dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
merego
  • PamperedSD
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • jenniferknapp
  • Products and Tips
Replies