• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Fundraiser for College??

In summary, a friend's daughter has been accepted into a summer program at Yale and needs $3800 in 2 weeks. The friend suggested doing a Pampered Chef fundraiser, but it is unlikely to raise the necessary amount in time. It is also uncertain if the fundraiser check can be made out to the Yale summer program, as it is not directly raising money for Yale. Another option suggested was for the daughter to borrow the money and pay it back with the fundraiser check, but she does not want to borrow. It is possible for the fundraiser money to go towards any cause, as long as there is a name in the Organization box. Setting up a fund at the bank and having a Pampered Chef BINGO night were also suggested
TinasKitchen
My friend/co-workers daughter just got accepted into a summer program at YALE! She needs $3800 in 2 wks. I told her lets do a Pampered Chef fundraiser and I'd give her my commission. She said its in 2 wks. I doubt we can do it in 2 wks, but how long does it take to get the check from PC? Also can I do something to fund a childs schooling?

Any help would be appreciated. She doesnt know how she's going to do this. To have her child (who's a junior in HS) miss this opportunity would kill her.

TIA!

Can she borrow the money and pay it back with the check from PC? I have never gotten a fundraiser check, but I doubt it would get to her in time. Plus fundraiser checks have to be made out to an organization, not a person. I am not sure if PC can make the check out to the Yale summer program or not since you are not raising money for Yale. If she could borrow the money from a bank or friends and family and give you enough time to get a fundraiser off the ground that might be a good solution.

OR... offer her the opportunity and she can make the money even faster!! If she has people host shows that would have purchased something from her fundraiser she will make the money to pay off a loan easily.

I didnt think that PC did this kind of thing.. thats why I wanted to ask you guys. Also I've offered the opportunity... she wont even host a show but she buys. Its just not her thing at all. So I offered the fundraiser to her.

:) I'm sure she'll find a way. She didnt want to borrow, that is another reason I thought fundraiser.

The way I understand fundraisers (and I am NOT an expert!) is the money can go to any cause. I have a sister consultant who did a fundraiser for her husband who was having a lot of medical problems and therefore medical bills. She somehow was able to do it behind his back and present the check to him after. As long as there is a name in the Organization box, you should be okay. I'll email my sister consultant and see how she accomplished that one.

The recepient of the fundraiser does have to have a fund set up at a bank. So, in the organization box you would have to "Suzie Joe's Education Fund" or something like that. She can just go to her bank and set up an accout. Good Luck

Can you do a PC BINGO night or something? Raffle off some products, free shows or gift certificates, or half the collected money (50/50 raffle) ($1 per ticket, $3 for 5 tickets). Even if you couldn't make the full $3800, you might be able to get a portion of it. I'd have her set up the fund at the bank -- would probably take a half hour to do. And then canvas the neighborhoods with flyers for the PC BINGO NIGHT.. there are other threads on here about it, and from what I've read, it can be quite successful. Maybe she can find a place to have it for little cost or as a donation? Have some snacks available for really cheap -- 25 cents for a can of pop (just enough to cover the cost of it), 25 cents for a few cookies wrapped in cellophane. Just an idea to run by her. It could go very well.

not enoughUnless she has A LOT of friends she's not going to raise that amount. I mean, she might have a $1,400 show and raise a couple hundred but that doesn't come close. I don't want to discourage you, I just don't want you to fill your friend's head up with unrealistic goals. She will be very disappointed...

What is a Pampered Chef fundraiser for college?

A Pampered Chef fundraiser for college is a unique way to raise money for college expenses by selling high-quality kitchen products through the Pampered Chef brand. It is a great opportunity for students and their families to earn money for tuition, textbooks, and other college-related costs.

How does the Pampered Chef fundraiser for college work?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you will receive a fundraising package that includes catalogs, order forms, and product samples. You can then promote the fundraiser to your network and take orders for Pampered Chef products. Once the orders are placed, you will receive a commission on the total sales, which can be used towards your college expenses.

Is there a minimum sales requirement for the Pampered Chef fundraiser?

There is no minimum sales requirement for the Pampered Chef fundraiser for college. However, the more you sell, the more money you can earn for your college expenses. We recommend setting a goal and working towards it to maximize your earnings.

How long does the Pampered Chef fundraiser for college last?

The length of the fundraiser is flexible and can be customized to fit your needs. Typically, fundraisers last 2-3 weeks, but you can extend it if needed. It is important to plan and promote your fundraiser in advance to ensure its success.

What kind of support will I receive from Pampered Chef during the fundraiser?

Pampered Chef provides comprehensive support to help you have a successful fundraiser. You will receive training and resources to promote and sell products, and our team will be available to answer any questions you may have throughout the process. We are committed to helping you reach your fundraising goals for college.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • plrodriguez73
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies