• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Support a New Deaf Consultant on My Team?

In summary, Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources for new deaf consultants, including videos with closed captioning, written training materials, and one-on-one support from a mentor who is fluent in American Sign Language. To effectively communicate with customers who are deaf or hard of hearing, options such as written materials, video relay services, or interpreters can be utilized. Pampered Chef is committed to providing accommodations for employees and consultants with disabilities, such as sign language interpreters, captioning services, or visual aids. There are many successful deaf consultants at Pampered Chef who have built successful businesses, and the company values diversity and inclusivity. To connect with other deaf consultants, one can utilize online forums, social media groups, or attend Pampered
sandilou
Silver Member
I have a new team member who is deaf. He is not very good at lip reading yet and needs an interpeter if he would go to a meeting. Also, any idea if the Getting Started dvd is captioned? I'm sure his roomies could interpret for him, but I know he'd rather not be dependent upon them to do so. He will be living out of the area for a couple months, so training will need to be written. He is very excited and has a whole community of other deaf people to do shows for. Do you have any suggestions to help him get off to an amazing start?

Sandi

Contact HO. I believe they have resources for the deaf.

Most DVD players have captioning options so he'd be able to follow along

We are going to try to Skype him into the meeting. Do you think sending him the planner so he would have something to follow would be a bad idea? Suggestions?

Sandi

I'd send him whatever materials you can spare. Hook him up with this site, too. He can learn a lot through all the online stuff. Definitely contact HO and see what help they have available, too. There's also a new FB group called "Men of the Apron" https://www.facebook.com/groups/tpcmota/?fref=ts So that might also be fun for him to check out.

What resources are available for new deaf consultants?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources for new deaf consultants, including videos with closed captioning, written training materials, and one-on-one support from a mentor who is fluent in American Sign Language.

How can I effectively communicate with my customers who are deaf or hard of hearing?

There are several options for communicating with deaf or hard of hearing customers, such as using written materials, using a video relay service, or having an interpreter present during parties or events.

What accommodations can I request from Pampered Chef to support my deafness?

Pampered Chef is committed to providing accommodations for its employees and consultants with disabilities. You can request accommodations such as sign language interpreters, captioning services, or visual aids by contacting Human Resources.

Are there any deaf consultants who have been successful with Pampered Chef?

Yes, there are many successful deaf consultants at Pampered Chef who have built successful businesses. Pampered Chef values diversity and inclusivity, and supports all consultants in achieving their goals.

How can I connect with other deaf consultants at Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef has a strong community of consultants, including a network of deaf consultants. You can connect with other deaf consultants through online forums, social media groups, or by attending Pampered Chef events and conferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • Tammie Allen
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kellysays2u