1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Help for New Consultant

1. I finally ordered my kit today, so I’m official. Yay!! Now I need to work on getting my $1250 in 30 days.

Show 1: One of my friends is circulating a catalog around her workplace to collect orders. To that, I will add the 2 orders my husband got from work. I told her we need to close the first week in Oct.

Show 2: My first kitchen show is Oct 6. I have invited everyone I know from work and church and have asked them to bring a friend. I am hoping this is a BIG show. I plan to close this one Oct 9.

Show 3: I have had several people at work tell me they can’t make the show, but would like to place an order and another offered to do a catalog show. I told her she that she can have any of the orders we can collect from our co-workers to add to whatever she gets outside work. I told her we need to close around the middle of Oct.

If these shows are BIG, no problem-o, but I really want another booking in October to push me over the edge. I am thinking of some sort of theme show for Halloween to make it exciting. Do you think that’s a good idea? Or is it too much for a newbie?

I will also circulate a catalog at church for those that can’t make the kitchen show. That should either give me my 4th show or some extra orders to add to one of the other 3 if they need it.

I am doing a booth on November 7th and I feel certain that will be successful, but my 30 days is up on November 4th, so it’s 3 days too late to count.

If you guys have any good advice for me, I sure would appreciate it. I am bound and determined that I will be successful.

Sep 29, 2009
  2. 1234blessed

1234blessed Novice Member

Congratulations on starting your biz! You definitely have a good "game plan"!
    If I'm not mistaken you get PC $ for every $1250 in sales & 4 shows in your 30 & 90 days! Earn as many as you can because in 4 months you will have kit enhancement, when you will be able to get 40% off up to $500 in product! :D
    Be sure to save some for paperwork, because with the calender you have right now your sure to need more catalogs & order forms soon!:)

Best wishes!

Sep 29, 2009
  3. junkfortara

junkfortara Member Gold Member

Good for you Kim! I'm relatively new and only a part timer.. but I did hit it hard in my first 3 months because the FREE PC Dollars are an AWESOME incentive! Remember you also get them for every four shows in your first 90 days too.
    I don't think you're biting off more than you can chew with a Halloween themed show... just keep it simple. Don't go over the top with your theme- but I think that would hold true for both new and 'seasoned' consultants.
    Good luck and have fun with it. I always start off with my goals for the show: 1) not to cut off any fingers and 2) not to lick my fingers in front of the group. :)

Sep 29, 2009
  4. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I think it's great that you are trying to start with a bang. Just don't expect the same group of people to order at each of your new shows. ;) Most will just order once and then they will be done.

Sep 29, 2009
Have something to add?