1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Help for New Consultant

1. I finally ordered my kit today, so I’m official. Yay!! Now I need to work on getting my $1250 in 30 days.

Show 1: One of my friends is circulating a catalog around her workplace to collect orders. To that, I will add the 2 orders my husband got from work. I told her we need to close the first week in Oct.

Show 2: My first kitchen show is Oct 6. I have invited everyone I know from work and church and have asked them to bring a friend. I am hoping this is a BIG show. I plan to close this one Oct 9.

Show 3: I have had several people at work tell me they can’t make the show, but would like to place an order and another offered to do a catalog show. I told her she that she can have any of the orders we can collect from our co-workers to add to whatever she gets outside work. I told her we need to close around the middle of Oct.

If these shows are BIG, no problem-o, but I really want another booking in October to push me over the edge. I am thinking of some sort of theme show for Halloween to make it exciting. Do you think that’s a good idea? Or is it too much for a newbie?

I will also circulate a catalog at church for those that can’t make the kitchen show. That should either give me my 4th show or some extra orders to add to one of the other 3 if they need it.

I am doing a booth on November 7th and I feel certain that will be successful, but my 30 days is up on November 4th, so it’s 3 days too late to count.

If you guys have any good advice for me, I sure would appreciate it. I am bound and determined that I will be successful.

Sep 29, 2009
  2. 1234blessed

1234blessed Novice Member

Congratulations on starting your biz! You definitely have a good "game plan"!
    If I'm not mistaken you get PC $ for every $1250 in sales & 4 shows in your 30 & 90 days! Earn as many as you can because in 4 months you will have kit enhancement, when you will be able to get 40% off up to $500 in product! :D
    Be sure to save some for paperwork, because with the calender you have right now your sure to need more catalogs & order forms soon!:)

Best wishes!

Sep 29, 2009
  3. junkfortara

junkfortara Member Gold Member

Good for you Kim! I'm relatively new and only a part timer.. but I did hit it hard in my first 3 months because the FREE PC Dollars are an AWESOME incentive! Remember you also get them for every four shows in your first 90 days too.
    I don't think you're biting off more than you can chew with a Halloween themed show... just keep it simple. Don't go over the top with your theme- but I think that would hold true for both new and 'seasoned' consultants.
    Good luck and have fun with it. I always start off with my goals for the show: 1) not to cut off any fingers and 2) not to lick my fingers in front of the group. :)

Sep 29, 2009
  4. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I think it's great that you are trying to start with a bang. Just don't expect the same group of people to order at each of your new shows. ;) Most will just order once and then they will be done.

Sep 29, 2009
Have something to add?