• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating a Murder Mystery: Tips and Tricks for a Successful Show

In summary, Cookie suggests planting clues throughout a show using props, "dress up" guests as suspects in a mystery show, and doing it in October as Halloween is the whole month now.
ChefTLD
I see some great flyers in the Files section of the site, but I am not sure how to go about planting the clues throughout the show ? Any help from someone who has done this successfully, as in "lunchroom" chat, I have two people interested in this type of show in Aug !
I was thinking it would be great to have some props and "dress up" some of the guests as the characters. ;) But I'm just not sure how to make the show flow smoothly ?

Help..help..helpUnfortunately, I can't help you...but I would LOVE to do this myself!!! Please, if anyone's done this before...your help is needed!!
P.S. I think this is great to push for October as Halloween seems like it is the whole month now and not just the 31st!!
Looking forward to those ideas!
Thanks.
Cheers,
Angela

Murder mystery showI've got one coming up in a couple weeks. I'm still working out the details. But I think it will be alot of fun. I'm taking ideas I found on this site and using them as a springboard for my show. I think having a script for some of the guests to read allowing them to be suspects is a fun idea. I think I'm going to do it where they will be reenacting arguments that they had with the victim (the kitchen consultant) earlier in the day while preparing for the show. I'm really looking forward to this. Each suspect will come in at a different part of the recipe and will work the argument around the product info. Like,"Hand me that jar of Dill Mix, you know all of PC spices are so fresh you can really smell and taste the difference." "Yes, I know that but unfortunatley they can't disguise the taste of your mean gossip!" Something like that. Maybe this will get your imagination going and if you have any suggestions for me as I'm working on it please let me know. ;)

Great ideasCookie,

That is a great idea. I would like to plan a Mystery Host in October so these ideas are great. I am a bit confused at starting. I think I will send flyers and post cards and then send follow up catalogs. I just don't want to send out catalogs to those who may not want to play and have them tossed.

Hi there! First of all, congratulations on having two interested people for an August show! That's fantastic. As for planting clues throughout the show, I have found that the key is to keep it subtle and natural. You don't want it to feel forced or scripted. One idea is to incorporate the clues into your product demonstrations. For example, if you are showcasing a kitchen gadget, you could mention how it would be useful for a certain character in the murder mystery. Another idea is to have your guests participate in a game or activity that ties into the mystery theme, and have the clues hidden within the game. And I love your idea of dressing up some of the guests as characters! That would definitely add to the fun and excitement of the show. My best advice is to keep it light and entertaining, and your guests will have a great time. Let me know if you have any more questions, and I wish you all the best for a successful show!

1. What is "Help for Murder Mystery" and how does it work?

"Help for Murder Mystery" is a fun and interactive game that can be played with a group of friends or family. It involves solving a murder mystery by gathering clues, interviewing suspects, and ultimately identifying the murderer. The game comes with a script, character profiles, and instructions on how to set up and play the game.

2. Can I customize the game to fit a specific event or theme?

Yes, you can customize the game to fit your specific event or theme by changing the names of the characters, locations, and other details to better suit your needs. This allows for a more personalized and unique experience for your group.

3. How many players can participate in "Help for Murder Mystery"?

The game is designed for 8-10 players, but it can be adapted to accommodate larger groups by adding more characters or splitting players into teams. It is recommended to have at least 6 players to fully enjoy the game.

4. Can I purchase additional copies of the game if I want to play it more than once?

Yes, you can purchase additional copies of the game if you want to play it more than once. This is especially useful if you want to host different groups of people or if you want to switch up the roles and have different players take on different characters.

5. Is "Help for Murder Mystery" suitable for all ages?

The game is designed for adults and may contain some mature themes and content. However, it can be adapted for younger players by removing or altering any inappropriate elements. It is recommended for ages 16 and up, but ultimately the decision is up to the discretion of the game host and players.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookn' katie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KRISTI'SCOOKING
  • chefmeg
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Cooking with Terry
  • chefliz