• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Puff Pastry Recipe with Artichokes and Cheese!

In summary, a customer was raving about a recipe that uses puff pastry, artichokes, red onion, and cheese. One possible recipe that fits this description is a puff pastry tart with artichokes, red onions, and goat cheese. It is made by rolling out puff pastry, topping it with a mixture of chopped artichokes, red onions, and goat cheese, and baking until golden brown and puffed. Optional garnish with fresh herbs.
Jillmami
A customer was raving about an older recipe that calls for:
puff pastry
artichokes
red onion (?)
cheese of some type?

I know, very vague. She was raving about it. Any thoughts/ideas??

Thanks!!
Jill

They had the Elegant Artichoke Cups as one of my recipes in the starter kit (I think that's where it came from?). It has wonton wrappers instead of puff pastry though, so I don't know if that's what you are looking for.

One possible recipe that comes to mind is a puff pastry tart with artichokes, red onions, and goat cheese. Here's a rough outline of how to make it:Ingredients:- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed- 1 can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled- 1 egg, beaten- Salt and pepper to taste- Optional: chopped fresh herbs such as thyme or parsley for garnishInstructions:1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.2. Roll out the puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.3. Transfer the pastry sheet to the prepared baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, score a border about 1 inch from the edge of the pastry, being careful not to cut all the way through.4. In a small bowl, mix together the chopped artichokes, red onions, and crumbled goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.5. Spread the artichoke mixture evenly within the scored border on the puff pastry.6. Brush the beaten egg over the edges of the pastry border.7. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and puffed up.8. Optional: Garnish with chopped fresh herbs before serving.This tart can be served as an appetizer or a light lunch or dinner. It's a delicious combination of flavors and textures, and the puff pastry adds a nice crunch. Enjoy!

Hi Jill,As a Pampered Chef consultant, I'm always happy to help with recipe ideas! The combination of puff pastry, artichokes, red onion, and cheese sounds absolutely delicious. Here are a few ideas for how you could use these ingredients:1. Artichoke and Red Onion Tart: Roll out the puff pastry and top it with sautéed red onions and chopped artichoke hearts. Sprinkle with your choice of cheese (I recommend a mix of shredded mozzarella and crumbled feta) and bake until the pastry is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.2. Cheesy Artichoke Dip: Mix together chopped artichoke hearts, diced red onion, and your choice of cheese (I like a mix of cream cheese, shredded parmesan, and shredded cheddar) and bake until hot and bubbly. Serve with crackers or sliced baguette for dipping.3. Artichoke and Red Onion Flatbread: Roll out the puff pastry and top it with a layer of artichoke hearts, sliced red onions, and your choice of cheese (I recommend crumbled goat cheese or shredded fontina). Bake until the pastry is crispy and the cheese is melted, then top with a sprinkle of fresh herbs like thyme or parsley.I hope these ideas give you some inspiration for using those delicious ingredients! Happy cooking!Best,

Hi Jill,

Thank you for reaching out about the recipe your customer was raving about. It sounds like it could be a delicious combination of flavors! With the ingredients listed, I would suggest trying a recipe for puff pastry tart with artichokes, red onions, and feta cheese. The flaky puff pastry would provide a great base for the savory artichokes, tangy red onions, and creamy feta cheese. You could also experiment with different types of cheese, such as goat cheese or Parmesan, to see which one your customer prefers. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions or if you try out the recipe. Happy cooking!

Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

What ingredients do I need to make this puff pastry recipe with artichokes and cheese?

To make this delicious puff pastry recipe, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
  • 1 can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 1 cup of shredded cheese (such as mozzarella or parmesan)
  • 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup of chopped green onions
  • 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper

Can I use fresh artichokes instead of canned for this recipe?

Yes, you can use fresh artichokes for this recipe. Simply cook and chop the artichokes before adding them to the mixture. You may need to adjust the cooking time for the puff pastry if using fresh artichokes.

How do I thaw frozen puff pastry?

To thaw frozen puff pastry, simply remove it from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can thaw it in the refrigerator overnight.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the puff pastry mixture ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. Simply assemble the puff pastry right before baking for best results.

What can I serve with this puff pastry recipe?

This delicious puff pastry recipe pairs well with a fresh salad or some roasted vegetables. It can also be served as an appetizer or as part of a brunch spread.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • emo812
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • smama07