• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Help Fajitas in Rockcrok ?

In summary, the conversation discusses a consultant's struggle with perfecting a fajitas recipe for an upcoming party. They have tried various methods, including using a Deep Covered Baker (DCB), but have not been successful. Another consultant suggests sticking to what they are comfortable with and offers tips for using the RC for fajitas. The overall advice is to stay calm and confident during the party for a successful outcome.
Kristin B
I am a rather new consultant (three months) I have someone hosting a Fajitas and Ritas party. So I have made three batches of fajitas this last month at home trying to get the chicken just right. I know people keep telling me to just make the same recipe as the DCB. But I cant get it right.
A recipe yesterday called for me to heat 10 min with no lid. Put on lid the next 5 minutes, chicken was not quite done, so I added three minutes and it tastes like rubber today. Party in on Friday and I'm DESPERATE . I would love any advice.

I have only done the fajitas in the DCB and they have been fine. I'm sorry I cannot help.

I have followed the directions for the DCB Fajitas with the RC with no problem. Slice up two peppers, two onions and a clove of garlic and mix in the RC. Add the juice of 1/2 to 1 lime over the veggies. Lay two to three chicken breasts (depending on size) on top that have already been coated with a little oil and whatever rub you like (I like Chipotle, Tex-Mex, Chili Lime or Southwestern). Cover and microwave on high for 15 minutes. I try to put the smallest breast in the center if I do three. Sometimes I have to check at 10 minutes or so and move the middle one to the outside and rearrange just a little. I also have had to add an extra couple minutes depending on the microwave.I think the key might be to have the lid on the whole time. Also, the chicken will not brown so test the temp with a meat thermometer for doneness rather than just looking at it. As soon as it's done, chop it on a cutting board or very carefully in the RC with the Salad Choppers taking care not to scratch the RC. Part of the thing that keeps the meat moist and delicious is mixing it in with the peppers, onions and juices.Hope it goes well for you.Shari in TX

My advice is for you to use the DCB since that is what you are comfortable with. I'm still trying to master recipes at home in my RC that are specifically for the RC.
During parties, you should & need to be comfortable b/c your guest will feed (pun intended!) on your energy...and you don't want it to be feeding frenzy of nervousness. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Hi there! As a fellow consultant, I completely understand the pressure and stress of perfecting a recipe for a party. My advice would be to try a different cooking method for your chicken, such as grilling or broiling. You can also try marinating the chicken beforehand to add more flavor and tenderness. Don't be afraid to experiment and make adjustments to the recipe to fit your own taste and cooking style. And remember, practice makes perfect - keep trying and I'm sure you'll find the perfect fajita recipe for your party. Good luck!

What is the Rockcrok used for?

The Rockcrok is a versatile cooking vessel that can be used for a variety of dishes, including fajitas. It is made from a unique clay material that allows it to be used on the stovetop, in the oven, and even on the grill.

How do I use the Rockcrok to make fajitas?

To make fajitas in the Rockcrok, start by heating it on the stovetop or in the oven. Once hot, add your marinated meat and vegetables and cook until tender. Serve with tortillas and your favorite toppings for a delicious fajita dinner.

Can I use the Rockcrok to make vegetarian fajitas?

Yes, the Rockcrok is perfect for making vegetarian fajitas. Simply replace the meat with your favorite vegetables, such as bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms. You can also add in some beans or tofu for added protein.

Do I need to preheat the Rockcrok before cooking fajitas?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the Rockcrok before cooking fajitas. This helps to evenly distribute the heat and ensures that your fajitas cook properly.

Is the Rockcrok easy to clean?

Yes, the Rockcrok is very easy to clean. It is dishwasher safe and also has a non-stick surface, making it easy to clean by hand. Just be sure to let it cool down before washing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
otisbg
Replies
Views
IAmChefJ
  • pattybrady
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies