• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Dr. Phil Show Experience: Tips and Ideas from a Guest

In summary, the Dr. Phil theme show will be next Sunday, and the guest wants this theme. They are working on a concept and flyer, and are looking for feedback on what they should do. They will use the Philism cards with the "Did You Know" cards from earlier in the forum. They will have guests read cards while the demo is being done, and will give out gift certificates during downtimes. There is a chance someone will bring a Pampered Chef product, but that did not happen when this demo was done.
heat123
Silver Member
I have a guest who wants this theme.
I have the concept and flyer but wanted to know if anyone has done it before and what you did besides share the "problem tools". Did you play any games or do anything more with it using The actual Dr. Phil Show?

thanks for any suggestions!

I am doing this theme show next Sunday, and still unsure of what I am going to do myself. She is all pumped and excited about this theme, and is very interested in signing as she is seeing how much fun PC can be for everybody. Her grandma and great-grandma is even involved in it. I hope you get some responses and it may help both of us out. Good luck with yours!

I would ask my guests which products they need to replace but haven't been willing to spend the money on it yet (like cookware is a big one) I would ask them, "hows that working for ya?" :p Also point out that PC products help destress cooking meals for your family. With products as handy and as great a quality as ours you'll look forward to cooking. I always tell my guests its the small things like having a spout on the batter bowl, or having the measur-all cup to use especially with peanut butter, that make me happy and make cooking less of a chore. Tell them the food chopper is a great tool to take any stress of the day out on. I guess thats kind of the direction I would steer the demo.

Dr. Phil FilesOkay, here's what I've got.
Use the Dr. Phil "Philism" Cards in conjunction with the "Did You Know" cards that I already have posted under the "files" section of this forum. Do not use all cards, just a few. Some are really corny and you can make fun of; some you may want to pull out depending on the audience; and some you can actually tie in some of his sayings with reasons to purchase ABC, so it helps if you know who has what card or you've passed them out in an order to follow your demo.
Someone on this thread had a theme show flyer for Dr. Phil show. I simply converted to make an invitation. It is available in full size and postcard (trim along gray line after printing if using cardstock). Notice that they say different things on the bottom.

Attachments

• Dr Phil Cards.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 496
  • Invitation - PostCards Dr Phil.doc
    76 KB · Views: 455
  • Invitation - Dr. Phil Show.doc
    53 KB · Views: 418
Thank you!For you input! Rita thanks for the cards I will try and use them! So do you have the guests read both the Did you know cards and the Phlism cards that correspond with one another while I am doing the demo?

I really like the card with the different sayings on them. How do you do them? Do you hand them out the the guest or do you read them to the guest? I am going to use them since there are some good inputs on them, but want to make sure what I am doing before getting there. Thanks for some more good ideas!

Give them to guests when you are beginning your show. During downtimes in the demo, you have them read a card. I have the Philism's on a different color of cardstock than the Did You Knows. I think the last time I had about 5 of each type. I picked the Well-Duh (give to a guest you know is going to put emphasis on it for humor. Pampered Chef Recipe books, pictures and directions are dummy free), Give Yourself something (tied to the hubby spending on tools used once/twice a year versus quality cookware used weekly), Get what you asked for (gift registrys), something about using your life to get in the game (sharing the PC opportunity to others / gift to my family), Decisions (whether to book a show/show a book/become a consultant).
I had them bring a tool that caused problem. We discussed PC product to alleviate problem. Only about 1/2 of the guest brought something, but others still shared what they would have brought. I did a drawing for 20% off the tool that solved their problem. My biggest fear was that someone would bring a Pampered Chef tool that they were having difficulty with, and then would win the drawing. Fortunately, neither happened!

Thanks for posting this. I have 2 March hosts that want a Dr. Phil party.

1. What is "Help Dr. Phil's Show!?"

"Help Dr. Phil's Show!?" is a segment on the Dr. Phil show where guests are invited to share their struggles and receive advice and support from Dr. Phil and the audience.

2. How can I be a part of "Help Dr. Phil's Show!?"

If you have a compelling story or issue that you would like to share and receive help with on the show, you can apply to be a guest by filling out the form on the Dr. Phil website or by calling the show's hotline.

3. Can I watch "Help Dr. Phil's Show!?" online?

Yes, full episodes of the Dr. Phil show, including "Help Dr. Phil's Show!?" segments, are available to watch on the show's website or on streaming platforms such as Hulu and CBS All Access.

4. How long is a typical "Help Dr. Phil's Show!?" segment?

The length of each segment can vary, but they typically last around 45 minutes to an hour. This allows for Dr. Phil to fully address the guest's issue and provide helpful advice and support.

5. Can I apply to be a guest on "Help Dr. Phil's Show!?" more than once?

Yes, you can apply to be a guest on the show more than once if you have new or updated issues that you would like to address with Dr. Phil and the audience. However, please note that the show receives a high volume of applications and not all guests are selected to appear.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCAbby
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jillvw76
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JD Gray
  • AshleyAllison