• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Help! Dealing with a Bounced Check and Pampered Chef Debiting My Account

In summary, the person is facing a financial crisis after a check from one of their shows bounced and they were charged a $35 fee from their bank. They are unable to cover the deposit and need to call the person who wrote the check to arrange for a new payment. There is also frustration with the high fees charged by the bank for bounced checks. They are advised to also contact the bank and express their dissatisfaction in order to potentially have the fees waived. There is also a delay in getting their money back due to an old account being hacked.
ChefJoyJ
Help! I just did my weekly check of my PC account and realized I had a check from one of my shows bounce. Not only was the $34.39 NSF, but now I've been charged $35 from my bank! :eek: I can't believe the items have been delivered from PC, but they haven't debited my account for the items. Now, I don't have enough to cover the deposit. :( :cry: :grumpy: To make it even worse, it's the parent of one of my old students. :(

I need to call her ASAP and see if we can't arrange a new payment, b/c I can *not* afford to have PC debit my account and not have the money there!

Help! What do I say when I call her?? That will sound nice, but convey the urgency that I am feeling right now? I *need* that money!!!

I would just call her and tell her it was returned and that there is a $35 charge and you need cash today.Good luck!

thats a stiff fee for someone elses check to bounce...usually a bank charges $2 or $5 if you get a bounced check and $25 to $35 if you write a check that bounces. That is crazy...you can't know if someone gave you a hot check until you deposit it.

Shawnna said:
thats a stiff fee for someone elses check to bounce...usually a bank charges $2 or $5 if you get a bounced check and $25 to $35 if you write a check that bounces. That is crazy...you can't know if someone gave you a hot check until you deposit it.

My bank charges a minimal fee for someone else's bounced check on my account. BUT if that bounced check would also cause my account to go into the red, I would be charged the overdraft fee of $32, also.

Shawnna said:
That's a really LOW fee. Most banks around here charge $15-35 for depositing a NSF check.

I get charged $10 for a returned deposit. This is with a big, national bank chain.Now if I bounce a check, it's $30 or more. Don't know cuz I never bounce checks. I run my biz on a budget and have a reserve to cover times like these.

ChefJoyJ said:
Help! I just did my weekly check of my PC account and realized I had a check from one of my shows bounce. Not only was the $34.39 NSF, but now I've been charged $35 from my bank! :eek: I can't believe the items have been delivered from PC, but they haven't debited my account for the items. Now, I don't have enough to cover the deposit. :( :cry: :grumpy: To make it even worse, it's the parent of one of my old students. :(

I need to call her ASAP and see if we can't arrange a new payment, b/c I can *not* afford to have PC debit my account and not have the money there!

Help! What do I say when I call her?? That will sound nice, but convey the urgency that I am feeling right now? I *need* that money!!!

Its won't help till tomorrow, BUT I would also call/go to the bank ( don't know how long you have been doing business with them) and tell them you think its CRAZY for one mistake & that If they don't care about keeping you as a client maybe you will start looking elsewhere. I did that & they took it in to consideration my account & let it go.....hope it works for you.....;)

Debbie,

I think what happened was after the check came back NSF, PC tried to debit my account for the amount of the last show, and I was short $2. Unfortunately, my old account got hacked, and I just opened this account with only the $15 I was able to save. Totally new bank. I'm now waiting on my old bank to release my money, but who knows how long that will take.

They originally charged me $10, then tacked on a $25 fee...my guess is b/c I couldn't cover the debited amount. :(

ChefJoyJ said:
Debbie,

I think what happened was after the check came back NSF, PC tried to debit my account for the amount of the last show, and I was short $2. Unfortunately, my old account got hacked, and I just opened this account with only the $15 I was able to save. Totally new bank. I'm now waiting on my old bank to release my money, but who knows how long that will take.

They originally charged me $10, then tacked on a $25 fee...my guess is b/c I couldn't cover the debited amount. :(

That SUX!! So Sorry it happened....

1. What should I do if my check bounces and Pampered Chef debits my account?

If your check bounces and Pampered Chef debits your account, you should contact your bank to see if the funds have been returned. If they have, you can request a refund from Pampered Chef. If the funds have not been returned, you can provide proof of the returned check to Pampered Chef and they will reverse the charge.

2. Can I dispute the charge if I believe it was a mistake?

Yes, you can dispute the charge if you believe it was a mistake. You will need to provide proof of the returned check and any other relevant information to support your claim. Pampered Chef will review the dispute and make a decision on whether to reverse the charge.

3. Will I be charged any fees for the bounced check?

Pampered Chef does not charge any fees for a bounced check. However, your bank may charge fees for the returned check. It is important to check with your bank about their policies and any potential fees.

4. How long will it take for the charge to be reversed?

The time it takes for the charge to be reversed may vary depending on your bank and the specific circumstances of the bounced check. Typically, it can take 7-10 business days for the charge to be reversed.

5. Can I prevent this from happening in the future?

To prevent this from happening in the future, make sure you have enough funds in your account to cover the check you write to Pampered Chef. You can also consider using a different payment method, such as a credit card or electronic transfer, to avoid potential issues with bounced checks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lindseystar
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lindseystar
  • pkd09
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • flemings99