• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking with the DCB: Finding an Easy Demo Recipe

In summary, the conversation is about different recipes to demo using the DCB for a show. The Quick Apple Crisp, 15-Minute Fajitas, Taco Grande, 10-Minute BBQ Pork Tenderloin, Rush Hour Chicken Fajitas, Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco, and the 30-Minute Chicken are all recommended as easy and delicious options. The conversation also includes tips on how to effectively demonstrate the DCB and cross-sell other products.
PamperedJAB
I just got the DCB and want to demo something for a show this weekend. I haven't cooked anything in it yet. What is the best or easiest recipe to demo?? Thank you guys!!!

I am using mine for the first time at a show..for the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder. I made it last week to try it out so I didn't have to do it for the first time at that show..and I loved it..easy and good.

15 minute Fajitas is the easiest and quickest one! I do that and then make the pass around salsa. (I think it's called "fast fajitas" in the files.) I'm headed out the door, otherwise I'd check... When I get back I can post more.

fast and easy fajitas

Attachments

• Fast and Easy Chicken Fajitas[1].doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 381
did you search for recipes behind Consultant's Corner? There's a whole bunch there!

The 10-Minute BBQ Pork Tenderloin does it for me in the MICROWAVE! I sampled this at the county fair were WOWED!

Rush Hour Chicken Fajita's. They are awesome!! Also the Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco is good. People are amazed at the 30 minute chicken and the Pork Tenderloin.

I've sold more DCB's and booked more shows, just by doing the 30 minute chicken. Quick, easy, cheap, and absolutely amazing to people!

Thank you everyone for all the input. I did look under CC Debbie J but wanted to know from "real" people what they did. =]

Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco.... I think it's fairly easy (probably not as easy as the 30 minute chicken, but...) and it is super impressive and nummy!

The chicken is the easiest demo. Have it in the baker already sprinkled with Paprika and a PC seasoning (Italian, greek, BBQ, Rosemary -- pick one). First, have the baker sitting there with the lid on and really sell the baker (fast, economical, for about what a family would pay for one meal out, talk about all the recipes that can be in the baker prepped ready for when you walk in the door end with the chicken. Walk around with the lid off, show the raw chicken, then to the microwave). I have had hosts that have never cooked a whole chicken ever. They are usually in the $5-$6 price range -- my local grocery store had them for "daily specials" last week and they were less than $2. Cross sell with the trivit(perfect size for the baker--it's hard for me to bring this trivit to shows -- because it stay on my table and I use it all the time), digital thermometer(if you are cooking meat in the microwave you want to be sure it is cooked properly), and weekday dinners done(has four DCB recipes and the rest are skillet recipes --all the ones I have tried are fanstastic and easy) -- even if someone has the baker they may not have all of the other three items.)

Use the baker yourself so you can have true excitement and examples, the chicken try a different seasoning each time, meatloaf, penne pasta, mexican chicken lasagna, potato chowder -- the 29 minutes part II has several recipes for the DCB -- I just went through the book and marked the index of the ones that used the baker -- now I just need to try them.

1. What is the DCB and how does it work?

The DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile cooking tool from Pampered Chef that is designed to make cooking easy and efficient. It is made of stoneware and has a lid that helps to create a sealed cooking environment, allowing food to cook evenly and retain its moisture.

2. Can you share some tips for finding an easy demo recipe with the DCB?

When looking for an easy demo recipe with the DCB, consider dishes that can be made in one pot and require minimal prep work. Recipes that showcase the versatility of the DCB, such as soups, stews, and casseroles, are also great options. Additionally, look for recipes that can be easily adapted to different dietary restrictions or preferences.

3. Are there any specific ingredients that work best with the DCB?

The DCB is great for cooking a variety of ingredients, including meats, vegetables, grains, and even desserts. However, it works best with ingredients that require longer cooking times, such as tougher cuts of meat or root vegetables. It is also perfect for cooking dishes that need to be slow cooked or braised.

4. How do I clean and care for my DCB?

To clean the DCB, simply wash it with warm soapy water and let it air dry. Avoid using harsh chemicals, such as bleach or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the stoneware. It is also important to avoid extreme temperature changes, such as placing a hot DCB in cold water, as this can cause it to crack. With proper care, the DCB can last for years.

5. Can the DCB be used in the oven and microwave?

Yes, the DCB is oven and microwave safe. It can withstand temperatures up to 450°F in the oven and can also be used in the microwave for up to 5 minutes. However, it is not recommended to use the DCB on the stovetop or under a broiler, as this can cause it to crack. Always use oven mitts or pot holders when handling the hot DCB.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• donnathepamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • jcsmilez
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies