• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the recipe for a chocolate cake in a rice cooker?

In summary, the customer is looking for a recipe for a chocolate hazelnut cake that she thinks was once on CC. She is unsure if its this one or not, but she does remember that you add either cocoa powder or ground pecans to the inside of the rice cooker before adding the batter. The cake should only be baked in a microwave with a built-in turntable.
Meigs
Hi Everyone, So I have a customer that is looking for a recipe. She thinks its a chocolate cake done in the Rice cooker.
I have mentioned that some people do the Dump Cake in the Rice Cooker other than the DCB, but she is sure it is not that one.
She used to be a consultant and said it was once on CC.
Any Help is GREATLY APPRECIATED.
I have included her description below in RED.

Thanks again!!

The part I do remember is that you dust the inside of the rice cooker with either cocoa powder or ground pecans - not sure which and then the batter goes into the cooker. It makes a very nice presentation when you pop out the cake but for the life of me I can't find the recipe

Wonder if it's this one?

Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
SB FW 2006

1/2 cup whole hazelnuts, toasted, divided
1 container (13 ounces) chocolate hazelnut spread, divided
11/3 cups water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1/4 teaspoon Double-Strength Vanilla
1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix with pudding in the mix
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated
Vanilla ice cream and fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and red grapes (optional)

1. Place hazelnuts in Small Oval Baker; microwave on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring after each 30-second interval. Cool completely. Rub hazelnuts between damp paper towels to remove any loosened skins; discard skins.

2. Lightly brush bottom and sides of Rice Cooker Plus with oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Coarsely grate 1/4 cup of the hazelnuts into rice cooker using Deluxe Cheese Grater, turning rice cooker to coat completely. Allow excess grated nuts to evenly coat bottom; set aside.

3. Place 3/4 cup of the hazelnut spread in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-40 seconds or until slightly melted. Gradually add water, whisking using Stainless Whisk. Add oil, eggs and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Add cake mix and coarsely grated chocolate morsels; whisk until smooth.

4. Pour batter into prepared rice cooker. Do not cover with lid. Microwave on HIGH 9-11 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean (cake may appear slightly wet on top). Remove cake from microwave; let stand 5 minutes. Invert cake onto Simple Additions® Medium Square. Place remaining hazelnut spread in Prep Bowl and microwave on HIGH 10-15 seconds or until melted; drizzle over cake. Coarsely chop remaining hazelnuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over cake. Serve immediately with ice cream and fruit, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings

Cook's Tip: This cake should only be baked in a microwave with a built-in turntable.

For low wattage microwaves (less than 800 watts), do not check cake for doneness before 10 minutes. The wattage information should be printed on the inside of the microwave door.

This cake can also be microwaved in the Stoneware Fluted Pan. Microwave on HIGH 10-13 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

Cook's Tip: If desired, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla can be substituted for the Double-Strength Vanilla.

Hmmm that might be it!
And YUMMM LOL

Thanks so much, I'll check with her!!

=-)

1. What is the best recipe for beginners to try?

The Pampered Chef website has a section dedicated to easy and beginner-friendly recipes. Some popular options include the Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies and the Creamy Tomato Basil Soup.

2. Can I substitute ingredients in a recipe?

Yes, you can definitely substitute ingredients in a recipe. However, it may alter the taste and texture of the dish. It is always best to stick to the original recipe for the best results.

3. How can I adjust the serving size for a recipe?

Most recipes on the Pampered Chef website have a serving size selector that allows you to adjust the recipe for a smaller or larger serving size. You can also manually adjust the ingredient quantities based on your desired serving size.

4. Where can I find nutritional information for a recipe?

The Pampered Chef website provides nutritional information for most of their recipes. You can find it by clicking on the "Nutrition Info" tab on the recipe page.

5. Can I save my favorite recipes on the Pampered Chef website?

Yes, you can save recipes to your "Favorites" list by creating an account on the Pampered Chef website. This makes it easier to access and refer back to your favorite recipes in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• marion foucher
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • yankfan24
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • pamperedbecky