• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why won't my cookies stick to parchment paper when using a cookie press?

In summary, the cookie press does not seem to like parchment paper. Some came out good others not so much. Another tip is to twist the top and then hold it in place for about 2 seconds. Finally, if you don't care to use the stones the new cookie sheet is awesome.
PamperedChefLayla
Gold Member
My cookie press does not seem to like parchment paper. Am I doing something wrong? I am using the PC Spritz recipe but the cookies won't stick to the parchment paper

Don't use parchment paper. I could never get it to release. Use just the pan (cool).

I never used parchment either ... or (gasp!) a stone! (I don't trust the stones to be nut-free) I use my old airbakes. Seems to work better.

Thanks all. I finally gave up on the parchment paper. I need to practice with the cookie press. Some came out good others not so much.

another tip I figured out (with the help of a few on this site)- when making the PC spritz recipe...I needed to add about 2-4 TBSP of water to the dough to get the right texture.After that, it's trial and error till you get the feel for it. (1/4-1/3 turns usually work for me).

Another tip, twist the top and then hold in place for about 2 seconds. It gives the dough time to "grab" the pan before lifting to the next spot. And I also usually do pressed cookies on a metal sheet pan, anything non stick makes it a little trickier to get the dough to stick in place ;) !

Ditto JMT on the 1/4 turn then hold for about 3 seconds. If you don't care to use the stones the new cookie sheet is awesome. Cools fast too.

The Use & Care for the New Cookie Press says not to use parchment paper.I let my dough sit at room temp for 15+ minutes before using. Since I have 4 kids, at least 2 under foot, that's easy to do!

Thanks for all the responses. I finally got it done. I will continue to practice since the fed govt is closed tomorrow. YAY!!!

I used the stone and the cookie sheet. Both had to be cool and yes, I found that parchment paper did not work either! (of course I did not read the use and care guide...why make it easier!!) I did however use the recipe in the mini catalog and it was very good!

1. How do I get my cookie press to stop clogging?

To prevent clogging, make sure your dough is the right consistency and not too thick. You can also try greasing the cookie press with cooking spray before use.

2. Why aren't my cookies coming out in the shape I want?

This could be due to an incorrect dough consistency or air pockets in the dough. Make sure to use the recommended recipe for your cookie press and evenly distribute the dough within the press before use.

3. How do I clean my cookie press?

We recommend disassembling the cookie press and washing all parts with warm soapy water. Make sure to dry thoroughly before reassembling.

4. Can I use my cookie press for anything other than cookies?

Yes, our cookie presses can also be used for making pastries, crackers, and even deviled eggs. Just make sure to use the appropriate recipe and follow the instructions for your specific cookie press model.

5. My cookie press is not dispensing dough, what should I do?

Check to make sure all parts are properly assembled and that the dough is at the right consistency. If the issue persists, please contact our customer service for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nene960
  • Janice Hirst
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • KimOwen
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies