1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Help! Cookie Press Problem

1. PamperedChefLayla

PamperedChefLayla Member Gold Member

My cookie press does not seem to like parchment paper. Am I doing something wrong? I am using the PC Spritz recipe but the cookies won't stick to the parchment paper

2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Don't use parchment paper. I could never get it to release. Use just the pan (cool).

Dec 18, 2009
  3. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I never used parchment either ... or (gasp!) a stone! (I don't trust the stones to be nut-free) I use my old airbakes. Seems to work better.

Dec 18, 2009
  4. PamperedChefLayla

Thanks all. I finally gave up on the parchment paper. I need to practice with the cookie press. Some came out good others not so much.

5. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

another tip I figured out (with the help of a few on this site)- when making the PC spritz recipe...I needed to add about 2-4 TBSP of water to the dough to get the right texture.

After that, it's trial and error till you get the feel for it. (1/4-1/3 turns usually work for me).

Dec 18, 2009
  6. JMT

JMT Member

Another tip, twist the top and then hold in place for about 2 seconds. It gives the dough time to "grab" the pan before lifting to the next spot. And I also usually do pressed cookies on a metal sheet pan, anything non stick makes it a little trickier to get the dough to stick in place ;) !

Dec 18, 2009
  7. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

Ditto JMT on the 1/4 turn then hold for about 3 seconds. If you don't care to use the stones the new cookie sheet is awesome. Cools fast too.

Dec 19, 2009
  8. Patty Davis

Patty Davis Member

The Use & Care for the New Cookie Press says not to use parchment paper.

I let my dough sit at room temp for 15+ minutes before using. Since I have 4 kids, at least 2 under foot, that's easy to do!

Dec 20, 2009
  9. PamperedChefLayla

Thanks for all the responses. I finally got it done. I will continue to practice since the fed govt is closed tomorrow. YAY!!!

10. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

I used the stone and the cookie sheet. Both had to be cool and yes, I found that parchment paper did not work either! (of course I did not read the use and care guide...why make it easier!!) I did however use the recipe in the mini catalog and it was very good!

Dec 20, 2009
Have something to add?