• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficiently Close Your Show Before the Month Ends | Expert Tips

In summary, the host needs to close the show by midnight on the last day of the month in order to be counted for that months commission.
heat123
Silver Member
:yuck: It's been almost two weeks since the office boutique with this host. She was supposed to look over and decide on her order after the weekend of the show on a thurs. Well the fires hit SD the day before I was to get ahold of her and I ofcourse gave her extra time (the full work week) just in case she was in the midst of fires while everyone was in the midst of chaos around here as it was! But fortunately she was not affected by the fires....

So I see her at the office where she works (my parents work with her) this past friday and ask if she is ready to close? She said to give her the weekend..... well it's monday and I call and email her again, still not ready, said she was busy.:(

I really want this closed before month's end, how would you kindly let her know this with out being rude or pushy so to speak?? TIA!

I think the standard answer a lot have given on other threads works here as well - sounding sincere call and state "I'm sorry I haven't been able to get in touch with you but I really, do need to let you know that this show MUST be submitted by _____ (tonight or tomorrow night). I'm sure like myself, you don't want your guests to wait any longer to receive their products. However with it being Halloween tomorrow I'm not sure if you're available or not. If I don't hear from you by ____, I'm going to have to submit your show and choose your free products for you. This unfortunately will mean that you will lose out on the host special and any half price or discounted products"

Then just do it! When the show arrives she can return any free products you chose that she doesn't want. Just make sure that she IS receiving your message. Maybe a phone call to both work (if possible), home and a follow up email.

JMO,

Thanks Jodi that helps. I will call her and email her again tomorrow then the ultimatum on wednesday last day of Oct., although I wouldn't mind saying "I have to close this by month's end" for transmission "deadline" for host special purposes??? How does that sound?

Sure why not? Call AND email her tomorrow with a deadline of ___ pm on Wednesday. State that if the show is not submitted by the end of the month she will not be able to purchase that month's special nor will her guests. All my hosts think that :eek: A little white lie but it doesn't hurt and it DOES help with my having a somewhat regular commission every month.

I have used my earlier suggestion before as well though. Only once, for a host that took 2.5 weeks to close. Called and left a cheerful message sharing my concern that she would miss out but that I HAD to get this show closed for her guests sake and that she had until ____ to get back to me (24 hours) or I would submit and choose her products for her and she would lose out on specials etc that I didn't have payment for. BOOM! I had a phone call 3 hours later and no mention from her of my message (or the multiple ones before)

So go with whatever feels right to you! It's YOUR business, only YOU run it, NOT your hosts! :D

What are the rules about closing a show after the end of the month if you want it to be counted for the month it was held?

You have to close it by midnight on the last day of the month for it to count in that months sales.
I tell my hosts it has to be closed by midnight on the last day of the month. I don't say why. I'm sure they make assumptions, but that's okay. if it's the middle of the month I just give a date that the show needs to be closed, no explanation. I make a general comment about closing quickly in front of the guests, too, so the orders are received in a timely manner.

to get the show to count toward your month's commission, it has be in by midnight on the last day of the month. but you have until the end of the next month to submit the show, right?!? (ie: by Oct 31st for Oct commission, but you can submit Oct shows until Nov 30). that's what I always thought.

When I am trying to get shows closed especially at the end of the month, I always make it about the HOST and HER GUESTS, not me. If we tell them, "I need to submit it before the deadline or the end of the month...." that won't inspire them to move any quicker... because it's about you. It's their show and it's about them! I used to say that and never got shows closed before the end of the month. Now I say, "We should plan to wrap up no later than Wednesday. The end of the month can be very busy and we don't want your friends to have to wait longer for their orders and surely you want your free products as soon as possible! What time on Wednesday is good for you?" Make it all about HER!!!!

1. How can I close my show efficiently before the end of the month?

Closing your show efficiently before the end of the month is all about planning and organization. Make sure to set a clear deadline for orders and communicate it to your customers. Utilize social media and email to remind them of the deadline and offer incentives for placing orders before the end of the month.

2. What are some expert tips for maximizing sales before the end of the month?

One of the best ways to maximize sales before the end of the month is to offer limited-time specials or discounts. This creates a sense of urgency and encourages customers to place their orders sooner rather than later. Additionally, make sure to follow up with any customers who have expressed interest but have not yet placed an order.

3. How can I ensure that my customers receive their orders before the end of the month?

To ensure timely delivery of orders, it is important to communicate with your customers about shipping times and any potential delays. Encourage them to place their orders as soon as possible to avoid any potential shipping issues. You can also offer expedited shipping options for customers who need their orders by a specific date.

4. What is the best way to handle any last-minute orders before the end of the month?

If you receive any last-minute orders, try to accommodate them as best as possible. This may mean placing a rush order with the company or offering alternative shipping options. You can also offer to personally deliver the order to the customer if possible. Make sure to communicate with the customer and keep them updated on the status of their order.

5. How can I use social media to close my show efficiently before the end of the month?

Social media can be a powerful tool for closing your show before the end of the month. Utilize platforms like Facebook and Instagram to remind your followers about the deadline for orders and to showcase any special offers or discounts. You can also create a sense of urgency by posting countdowns or limited-time offers exclusively for your social media followers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • TheNewMrsRue
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • Bren706