• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Remove Sweet Potato Stains from My DCB?

In summary, the brown sugar in the microwave will not come out from the stoneware. Suggestions on how to clean it include using a soft nylon scrub, baking soda, and using the DCB for a show this Saturday.
avelissar
HELP! I have done something stupid and I can't get the stains out. I made sweet potatoes with brown sugar in the microwave, and now I can't get the stains out. :cry:

I would appreciate any and all suggestions on how to clean it. I am going to go by a soft nylon scrub today, to try the baking soda suggestion. I've never done this - how long should I allow the paste to sit on the stains? Does this normally take multiple tries?

Any other suggests? I thought perhaps making something in it (large pack of grands and butter).

What do you think?

P.S. I am supposed to use the DCB for a show this Saturday! :eek:

Those aren't stains. It's seasoning. The brown marks will not come out.

This happens over time with your stoneware. You are building up the "seasoning" on the stoneware.

It may look ugly now, but it will cook better and better- and won't look as ugly when all the stains blend together and it's completely black. That's your goal!!! LOL

Mine has all sorts of stains, from tomato sauce and lots of other stuff. It's just what happens, if your guests know anything about our stoneware, they will expect it. If you take it looking as good as the day you got it they may think you never use it yourself!! None of my stones look "pretty" and will only get uglier as they season, it's the nature of the stones. I wouldn't stress over it and leave it alone. As long as you don't have caked on food, it is fine!! :)

It is fine. I made some chicken with salsa the other night, so I have some tomato stains, but it's fine. They will all even out as you use it and it gets seasoned.

This might sound silly but do you find that the glazed part of your baker looks greasy all the time? I only use hot water and the easy cleaning brush to wash it. I just don't want people at shows to think that I'm passing around a dirty dish. Any tips would be great.

I do use soap and water on the glazed part of my stone so that it doesn't look greasy! :)

coriatc said:
I do use soap and water on the glazed part of my stone so that it doesn't look greasy! :)

Me too, I do the same thing..

Me, three. I wash it in the sink "upside down".​

Not to sound stupid but when you are rinsing it doesn't the soap get inside it. I only notice it getting greasy on the edge of the baker where the lid rests. I'm just so paranoid about not getting soap on it.

emo812 said:
Not to sound stupid but when you are rinsing it doesn't the soap get inside it. I only notice it getting greasy on the edge of the baker where the lid rests. I'm just so paranoid about not getting soap on it.

a little soap is not going to ruin it. I wouldn't worry.

I have a double sink and wash mine upside down on the middle rest. No soap seems to get into it. I wipe it right away with a towel after.

I keep a scrubby sponge made for non-stick cookware (NEVER used for anything else)
in my dishware drawer so that I can scrub out my DCB and mini-loaf pan. I do not use soap, just hot water, and it is a different color that any of the other sponges in my kitchen. I just feel better when I can scrub the edges and corners of my cookware.

I also wash the outside of my DCB upside down in the sink with soap - I dry my stoneware right away with a microfiber towel and put away immediately - so no one is tempted to "help me wash" and possibly mess it up by accident.

Thanks so much for the tips. I felt dumb for asking but I'm glad that I did!!

What is the best way to clean my Deep Covered Baker?

The best way to clean your Deep Covered Baker is to soak it in hot, soapy water for 10-15 minutes before scrubbing it with a non-abrasive sponge or brush. Rinse it thoroughly and let it air dry before storing it.

Can I put my Deep Covered Baker in the dishwasher?

No, we do not recommend putting the Deep Covered Baker in the dishwasher as it can cause damage to the stoneware and lid. Hand washing is the best method for cleaning this product.

How do I remove stubborn stains from my Deep Covered Baker?

If the soaking and scrubbing method does not remove stubborn stains, you can try using a paste of baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the stain, let it sit for 15-20 minutes, then scrub and rinse as usual.

Is it safe to use metal utensils in my Deep Covered Baker?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils in the Deep Covered Baker as they can scratch the stoneware. It is best to use non-metal utensils, such as silicone or wooden, to preserve the integrity of the product.

How should I store my Deep Covered Baker?

The best way to store your Deep Covered Baker is by nesting it with your other stoneware products or placing a cloth or paper towel between each piece to prevent scratching. Avoid stacking heavy items on top of the stoneware to prevent cracking or breaking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • fallonp321
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • jpanzenhagen
  • Products and Tips
Replies