• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Skillet Recipe with Cinnamon Buns and Lemon Frosting: Where to Find?

SOOOOO much! In summary, the conversation was about a recipe for giant cinnamon rolls with a skillet and lemon juice added to the frosting. The recipe was found on CC and shared by Tina's friend. It involves using a pizza crust and roll mix, butter, sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice for the filling and cream cheese, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk for the frosting. The rolls can also be made ahead of time and baked later.
TinasKitchen
for the life of me I cannot find a recipe w/ cinnamon buns used. I believe they were the larger kind, and I remember you take the frosting that come with it and add lemon juice to it. I believe it was done in the skillet.

Anyone have any idea of what I'm talking about? if so what cookbook is it in? or do you have the recipe?

Thank you!
Tina

Don't know if this was what you were looking for but I found it on CC!

Giant Cinnamon Rolls
Ingredients:
Dough

1 pouch (16 ounces) Pantry Pizza Crust & Roll Mix (including yeast packet)
1 cup very warm water (120°F-130°F)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 egg

Filling

1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
1 tablespoon light corn syrup

Frosting

2 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare dough as directed in Steps 1-2 for Dinner Rolls.

2. Place dough on lightly floured surface and roll into a 10 x 15-inch rectangle.

3. For filling, combine butter, sugars, cinnamon and corn syrup. Spread filling over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges. Roll up, starting at short side; pinch seam to seal.

4. Slice dough crosswise into 6 slices. Place in Rectangular Baker or 9 x 13-inch metal baking pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place about 30 minutes or until doubled in size. Uncover rolls.

5. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.

6. For frosting, combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar and milk. Spread over warm rolls.

Yield: 6 giant cinnamon rolls

Cook’s Tips: To make slightly smaller rolls, slice dough into 8 slices.

To make rolls ahead of time: After placing rolls in baker, cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator. Let stand at room temperataure 15 minutes. Let rise and bake as directed.

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

Is this what you are looking for Tina? :D

SKILLET STICKY BUNS F/W ‘04

1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
1 lemon
¾ cup pecan halves, chopped
2 packages (17.5 ounces each) grand-size cinnamon rolls with buttercream icing
2 Tablespoons water
1 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and sliced

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in Family (12-in.) Skillet over medium heat, tilting skillet to coat; remove from heat. Zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Chop pecans using Food Chopper. In Small Batter Bowl, combine icing from both packages of rolls, water, cinnamon and lemon zest; mix well and pour over bottom of skillet. Sprinkle with pecans.

2. Cut rolls in half using Serrated Bread Knife; arrange in bottom of skillet in a circular pattern. Peel, core and slice apple using Apple
Peeler/Corer/Slicer; cut apple slices in half. Tuck apple slices, rounded side down, between rolls.

3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until deep golden brown. Using Oven Mitts, carefully remove skillet from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Immediately invert rolls onto Round Platter. Serve warm.

Yield: 20 servings

Yep Leeanne thats it!!! Thank you to you and Heather

Hello Tina,I understand your frustration in not being able to find a recipe with cinnamon buns. I have a few suggestions for you to try.Firstly, have you checked out our "Skillet Recipes" cookbook? It has a variety of delicious recipes that can be made in a skillet, including some using cinnamon buns. I recommend looking at the "Cinnamon Bun Skillet Cake" recipe on page 32. It sounds very similar to what you described, using the frosting and adding lemon juice for a tangy twist.Another option is to try our "Brunch Recipes" cookbook. On page 14, there is a recipe for "Lemon Glazed Cinnamon Rolls" that also uses lemon juice in the frosting. It can be made in a skillet or a traditional baking pan.If none of these recipes are exactly what you remember, you can always get creative and adapt a recipe to your liking. You can use our "Cinnamon Bun Pan" to make individual sized cinnamon buns and then drizzle the lemon juice frosting on top.I hope these suggestions help and you are able to recreate the delicious cinnamon bun recipe you are looking for. Happy cooking!Best,

1. Can I make these cinnamon buns ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the dough and assemble the cinnamon buns the night before and refrigerate them overnight. In the morning, let them sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before baking.

2. Can I use a different type of flour for this recipe?

We recommend using all-purpose flour for this recipe. Other types of flour may not yield the same results.

3. Can I freeze these cinnamon buns?

Yes, you can freeze these cinnamon buns after they have been baked. Make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and then place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven or microwave.

4. Can I use a different type of milk for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of milk for this recipe, such as whole milk, almond milk, or soy milk. However, the type of milk may affect the texture and taste of the dough.

5. Can I use a different type of pan to bake these cinnamon buns?

Yes, you can use a different type of pan, but the baking time may vary. Make sure to check the cinnamon buns for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, they are done.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janakaylie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janetgia
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • babywings76