1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Help! Can't find recipe (old PC recipe!)

1. mountainmama74

mountainmama74 Advanced Member Gold Member

At one of my shows this weekend, a customer asked me about an old Pampered Chef recipe. She said she had it at the first PC show she ever went to, at least 10 years ago. She thinks it was called "Candy Apple Surprise" or "Caramel Apple Surprise". She's pretty sure it had apples, snickers, cool whip, and she thinks maybe pineapple, but she's not sure. She said she LOVED the recipe and used to make it all the time but now she's lost the paper and can't remember everything that's in it. Can anyone help?

2. pampcheflisa

pampcheflisa Advanced Member Gold Member

I've never heard of it, but there is a website called 'joycesfinecooking' that has a bunch of old PC recipes on it that you could try searching on there.

Nov 16, 2009
  3. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

I have heard of making this with baby ruth bars! I believe it is just 16 oz cool whip, 2 candy bars (cut up), and 1 apple diced! I serve it with apples and graham crackers. I got this from a friend, but I would love to hear if there is a PC version!

Nov 16, 2009
  4. pampcheflisa

pampcheflisa Advanced Member Gold Member

I found it on the website I mentioned earlier. It's called Candy Apple Delight.

3 large Granny Smith apples

2 (2 ounce. each) Snickers bars

1/2 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped

1 can (8 ounce) pineapple tidbits, drained

1 container (8 ounce) Cool Whip, thawed

Peel, core and slice apples. Cut into pieces; place in chilled bowl. Coarsely chop candy bars into small pieces. Chop peanuts with food chopper. Add candy, peanuts and pineapple to bowl. Fold in whipped topping and serve. Yield: 10 servings

Nov 16, 2009
  5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

There was a recipe like this in the Super Salads Recipe cards....but I can't find mine. I know it's there. I think it was called Taffy Apple Salad or something like that.

Nov 16, 2009
  6. mountainmama74

Brilliant!! Thank you so much!!! I knew you someone here would be able to help!

7. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

Here's a recipe I have......NO PINEAPPLE though, never was, and would have omitted it, as I'm allergic.

Candy Apple Dessert Squares

Brownies in the Large Bar Pan - I use two mixes cooked before show

1 package of cream cheese - 8 ounces
    1/2 cup caramel sauce, divided
    1 firm red apple
    1 Granny Smith apple
    6 peanut butter cup candies
    1/4 peanuts

Bake brownies ahead and plan time to have the cool completely.

I put the cream cheese in the small stainless steel bowl, smoothed it out with the small mix and scrape. I measured out the caramel sauce in the easy read measure cups (which have been a huge seller for me) Then combine the cream cheese and caramel and whisk until spreadable.

Spread on brownies with large spreader

The recipe calls for the apple peeler/corer/slicer, which I do not have. It also says to leave the skin on. (At time, I didn't have APCS, so I used my Apple Wedger, I cut the wedges and then used my Utility Knife to cut the apples smaller.) Spread over cream cheese mixture

Coarsely chop peanut butter cups with the crinkle cutter, chop peanuts with the food chopper. Sprinkle candy and nuts over apples. Drizzle with remaing caramel.

It tasted so yummy! I incorporated the entertainment set (SA) by saying how nice they would look with caramel in the middle and apples on each side. Then used the Mini-Serving Spatula to serve them.

This is a recipe I got from someone else, maybe my director, but she did not list when this recipe came out.

HTH,

Lisa

Nov 16, 2009
  8. mountainmama74

That sounds pretty good too!!!

Have something to add?