• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Help Me Find Basil Pesto for My Tapas Party?

I don't think so, it sounds like you might have just missed out on a sale. Have you tried any of the other pesto recipes out there?
Amber
I need your help :eek: I am having a tapas party tomorrow night, and can't find the basil pesto anywhere! Where did you find yours? What does it look like? I have been to 2 different stores and no luck, so I figured I must not know what I am looking for. Can you help me :confused:

PestoAmber,
You can find it in most grocery stores in the refrigerated section next to where they keep the fresh pasta. It will be in a round container (usually clear) and will be green in color. If you have a Costco near you, they also carry it in their refrigerated section (by the parmasan cheese), but it is a bigger container than you will buy in the grocery store.

Hope this helps,
Sandy

I found mine in the pasta sauces section.

Make itYou can also make it if you cannot find it. It's really easy and much better tasting too. No preservatives. You can also freeze any leftovers for next time.

2 c. fresh basil leaves
2 lg. garlic cloves
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1/4 c. pine nuts or walnuts
1/2 c. olive oil
Salt & freshly ground pepper

Combine the basil, garlic, cheeses and nuts in a food processor or blender. Process to mix. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper and process to the desired consistency. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes about 1 cup.

Thank you soooo much!!! I was able to go right to it at the store :) I feel so silly that I spent so much time looking for it :eek:
Thanks again. The recipe for homemade sounds pretty good too.

Tash said:
You can also make it if you cannot find it. It's really easy and much better tasting too. No preservatives. You can also freeze any leftovers for next time.

2 c. fresh basil leaves
2 lg. garlic cloves
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1/4 c. pine nuts or walnuts
1/2 c. olive oil
Salt & freshly ground pepper

Combine the basil, garlic, cheeses and nuts in a food processor or blender. Process to mix. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper and process to the desired consistency. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes about 1 cup.

Did you shred the cheese or just chop it in the chopper?

Amber said:
Thank you soooo much!!! I was able to go right to it at the store :) I feel so silly that I spent so much time looking for it :eek:
Thanks again. The recipe for homemade sounds pretty good too.

I wouldn't worry about it, I had never heard of it and I had to ask an employee where to find it the first time myself.

I bought a jar a while back and now can't remember which recipe I was wanting to try!!! Any ideas?

Do you think it's my recent 50th bday?? :(

1. What are the main ingredients in basil pesto?

The main ingredients in basil pesto are fresh basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese.

2. Can I substitute any ingredients in basil pesto?

Yes, you can substitute pine nuts with walnuts or almonds, and Parmesan cheese with Pecorino Romano or Asiago cheese.

3. How long does homemade basil pesto last?

If stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, homemade basil pesto can last up to 1 week. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.

4. Can I use dried basil instead of fresh for pesto?

While fresh basil is the preferred choice for pesto, you can use dried basil in a pinch. Just make sure to rehydrate the dried basil by soaking it in hot water for a few minutes before blending it with the other ingredients.

5. What can I use as a substitute for basil if I can't find it?

If you can't find fresh or dried basil, you can use other leafy greens like spinach, arugula, or even parsley to make a similar pesto sauce.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • jrstephens
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens