• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking Bride Cake: Can I Mix Both Batters in One Bowl?

In summary, it is possible to mix both batters in one bowl, which can save time and make for easier clean up. However, it is recommended to mix the batters separately before combining them for a more balanced flavor. If both batters have similar textures and are mixed together gently, it should not affect the texture of the cake. The batters can be mixed together by gently folding them with a rubber spatula or whisk, being careful not to overmix. This method can be used for most cake recipes, but it is important to consider the flavors and textures of the batters to ensure they complement each other well.
Sk8Mom209
Gold Member
I am making the bride cake and have a question. Can I bake all of the batter (both cake mixes) in the batter bowl at once?

The lrg batter bowl takes 1 1/2 cake mixes, and the sm takes 1/2 cake mix. When I make a bride cake, I usually make the checkered cake which uses 1 1/2, and then put the last half in the small batter bowl. I show off both cakes and usually sell extra pans.
I would be afraid to put all of both cake mixes in. I usually have to cut the top off. I would take some and bake it in a small stone and have cake for the family! :D

ThanksAmanda,

Thanks for the info. I was in the middle of making the cakes last night and just went ahead and followed the directions in the Celebrate cookbook and baked one cake at a time. I was afraid doing it all together for fear that it would not cook all the way through and be burned on the outside. I am glad I did them separately, as the first cake looks a little overdone. But the frosting will cover that.

Thanks again for the reply.

1. Can I mix both batters in one bowl?

Yes, you can mix both batters in one bowl. This will save time and make for easier clean up.

2. Do I need to mix the batters separately before combining them?

It is recommended to mix the batters separately before combining them. This will ensure that both batters are evenly mixed and will result in a more balanced flavor.

3. Will mixing the batters together affect the texture of the cake?

If both batters have similar textures and are mixed together gently, it should not affect the overall texture of the cake. However, if one batter is significantly thicker or thinner than the other, it may affect the texture of the cake.

4. How should I mix the batters together?

You can gently fold the batters together using a rubber spatula or a whisk. Be careful not to overmix, as this can result in a dense or tough cake.

5. Can I use this method for any cake recipe?

Yes, this method can be used for most cake recipes. However, it is important to consider the flavors and textures of the two batters and make sure they will complement each other well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jigsmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • ginamkiely
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • aksusan