• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Bridal Expo: Tips & Ideas for Decorating Round Tables

In summary, the Bridal Expo/Fair offers an opportunity to participate for $100 for the two days, which includes meals and snacks/drinks. They are providing a round table with table coverings/linens. There are paper forms for a Wedding Shower Planner and drawing slips for registering for a bridal shower. However, this event is only four hours long and may not be enough time for attendees to explore all the displays. The prize for the $50 prize is a gift certificate.
leshelman
Gold Member
I have been invited to participate in a Bridal Expo / Bridal Fair on January 25th and 26th. The cost is $100 for the two days, meals and snacks/drinks provided. They are also supplying us with one 8ft Round Table with table coverings / linens.

FIRST- I have no clue on what I need to take? Should I take all my usual stuff like I do to shows? What are the best products to take?... I have just about everything in the catalog except most of the bamboo and all the simple additions white ceramic collection. I could probably borrow them from my director if need be.

SECOND- I have found paper forms for Wedding Shower Planner (if someone is looking to book a bridal shower) and I have also found 2 Drawing Slips... one for the brides and one for anyone else. Of course I will have to print more the the ones for everyone else because for each bride I expect 2 to 3 other people along with her. I plan to offer my regular shows (cooking and catalog) bridal shower show and I have thought of a way to do a Wedding Registry seeing how we currently DO NOT have one :( !

THIRD- How to decorate a ROUND TABLE??? I have only set up at Banquet Tables (rectangle). I believe that you will be able to walk around the table completely but I am not 100% sure. What products... where to put them? I was also thinking of signage? I do not have any "white" Pampered Chef signage that would be appropriate for a Wedding / Bridal Expo. And I also thought about using something in the middle of the table to add height, but not sure what.

I am aware of all the items on here if I search wedding but right now it is just too much to search through all of them. ANY ideas or hints would be appreciated... pictures and document attachments are a PLUS! :chef:

The way I plan to do the registry is to create an event in Beta on my personal website. I will link it into the NEWS sections and put the couple's First and Last Name in the Title of the News. Then I will go into the details section and add in the couple's wishlist items and a note at the top and bottom (so it is easily seen) that the consultant will try his best to update this list as items are purchased/ordered, when the item is purchased/ordered for the couple it will no longer appear on this list. ALSO, Directions on how to purchase/order your items for the bride and groom: First Check the News section and find your couple's list, then write down which items you would like to purchase/order and then give me a call with the order, OR you may order online....... (Still needs a bit of tweaking and I figure I will try this at one of my shows to make sure it works or maybe with family, and I will be adding some better details and instructions. Plus I will include a small typed list of the registry in each of the cards/announcements the couple send out - I will give them copies to put in the envelopes.)

WoW Your cost is great for 2 days. The 2 I will participate in is about 4 hours long and one is $175 and the other is $200. Their tables are rectangle and I have black material I put on with some netting and pretty glass stones along with some products, catalogs, flyers and drawing slips. I try to keep it simple because all the attendees will be overwhelmed with all the displays. I also have to donate a $50 product for a prize. So far these have never lead to any bridal showers or 'registries'. I just keep trying as it gets my name out and has lead to a few very small shows.

byrd1956 said:
WoW Your cost is great for 2 days. The 2 I will participate in is about 4 hours long and one is $175 and the other is $200. Their tables are rectangle and I have black material I put on with some netting and pretty glass stones along with some products, catalogs, flyers and drawing slips. I try to keep it simple because all the attendees will be overwhelmed with all the displays. I also have to donate a $50 product for a prize. So far these have never lead to any bridal showers or 'registries'. I just keep trying as it gets my name out and has lead to a few very small shows.
What about for your $50 prize you do a gift certificate through you? You could even make a note that it's worth a little bit more if they book a show!

They want a product for their door prize. So I have a drawing at my table and the prizes are a gift certificate, Season's Best and a free cooking show. I draw 3 winners. One Bridal show over and all my phone calls have not been too fruitful although several want me to keep in touch. Another note on door prizes for the show. I have never received a thank you from the winners. When I have won things at professional ed. conferences I have always sent a thank you to the company that donated the product (one year I won a box of crayons!) Our association reminds member to let the vendors know they are appreciated. Just wondering if anyone else has ever gotten a thank you from someone that won your door prize.

Robyn very good point about the thank you notes. I have been doing these kind of drawings for awhile and I have never gotten a thank you note from anyone. I am like you, I would like to be able to track who is getting something. This is why I started doing gift certificates, because I never found out who was getting what I had given and this way they have to call me to use the gift certificate. I stilll don't find out unless I say something to the head person that is doing the drawings that I want to know who has won what I have given. Has anyone thought about showing the garden tools at these events and how you will display them?

As for product, I would go to a Bed Bath and Beyond site or wedding sites and find the lists that they say all brides should register for and pick our products from that list. I also have to say its important to have newer looking items on display b/c it is a more formal setting. If you have a black stone, bring a clean one as well. for the round table...make the trifle bowl a centerpiece and do little vignettes of different aspects of PC sets: wine opener sets, and dripless pourer (with a wine bottle of water and a glass to demonstrate it - these you could say is a great bridesmaid/groomsmen gift); some bamboo/entertaining pieces,; trifle bowl (fancied up); sheet pans to show how strong and sturdy they are compared to things they would find in a store; batter bowls with whisk and scraper; brownie pan and serving spatula; MFP and Food Chopper. You could possible bring in the knives, but that could be dangerous. Maybe bring one and keep it with you and take it out when talking to some people to show them off.I would play up the cooking show aspect when talking to brides/moms. some have heard of PC, but no love yet or some don't know about us and a cooking show is a great way to build the love now, and when they are ready to register they can have a registry, shower or pre-shower cooking party with you. Most brides aren't getting married for a year, so the registry isn't really on their minds now, so a cooking party (from them or their moms) is a great way to start early and so they can get a better idea on what they really want or need. And most of the brides will never think about you when registry times are coming UNLESS they have met you, have a relationship with you, and LOVE our products b/c they have been using themprior to their trip to BB&B. Also, make sure you get their email addresses and phone numbers (and jot a note down about them to help you remember who they are). Forward them the latest newsletter as soon as you get home (I know its a lot of work, but it will keep you fresh in their minds and give you some talking points when you call). CALL them within 48 hours of meeting them. Again, this will keep you fresh in their minds and you will need to be excited and energetic about how much they will benefit from starting their married life with Pampered Chef in their kitchen than any other brand out there.I did NOT do the calls or emails right away at my bridal shows, I made at least 50 calls from each show I did, but I waited a half a week to a week b/c "i was tired, or busy or scared", and I got mostly voicemails and many of them didn't remember me.And if you have a friend or family member to come with you that would be helpful, you are not competing with them for business, but they are there to help you when more than one person comes to the table and help talk you and your fabulous products up.good luck

1. How many round tables should I plan for in a bridal expo?

The number of round tables for a bridal expo will depend on the size of the venue and the number of guests you expect to attend. It is recommended to have at least one table for every 8-10 guests.

2. What size should the round tables be for a bridal expo?

The most common size for round tables in a bridal expo is 60 inches in diameter, which can comfortably seat 8-10 guests. However, you can also opt for smaller or larger tables depending on the layout and size of your venue.

3. What type of tablecloth should I use for the round tables?

For a bridal expo, it is best to use floor-length tablecloths in a neutral color such as white or ivory. This will provide a clean and elegant look to the tables, allowing the decorations and centerpieces to stand out.

4. How can I add height to the centerpieces on round tables?

To add height to the centerpieces on round tables, you can use tall vases or candlesticks as a centerpiece base. You can also use decorative items such as books or boxes to create a raised platform for the centerpiece.

5. What are some creative ideas for decorating round tables at a bridal expo?

Some creative ideas for decorating round tables at a bridal expo include using a mix of different centerpieces, incorporating different textures and materials such as wood, glass, and flowers, and adding personalized touches such as photos or monogrammed items. You can also use table runners, napkins, and place cards to add color and tie the tables together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Ritab2pamperu
  • ChefChillFL
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
ChefChillFL