• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Batter Bowl Brownie Mix Recipe

In summary, the batter bowl brownies turned out runny and the oven wasn't accurate so it took longer than it needed to cook through.
LibrarianChef
Silver Member
I'm doing this recipe tomorrow for a group of ladies at a friend's show tomorrow night, so I tested it tonight. The batter bowl looks cute (except that I would put the m&m candies closer to the top because the flower mix tirckles down and covers them a bit. I heated the oven to 350 and baked for 35 minutes, but it was all still runny inside, so I cooked another 10 minutes--still runny. Another 10 minutes...still all goey. This is a nightmare. Did anyone else have to cooke the brownies over an hour to get them right? I'm at my wits end. :( This is what I have--where did I go wrong? :confused:

Batter Bowl Brownie Mix
Simply layer the brownie ingredients like sand art, and give it to
the chocolate lover in your life!

1¹/³ cups sugar, divided 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup white chocolate morsels ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
½ cup walnut halves, coarsely chopped
1 cup candy-coated chocolate miniature baking bits

In small bowl, combine ²/³ cup sugar and cinnamon; mix well and set aside.
In Small Batter Bowl, layer ingredients as follows, gently patting each layer
before adding the next ingredient: salt, baking powder, ½ cup of the flour,
cocoa powder, remaining ²/³ cup sugar, baking bits and remaining 1 cup flour.
Top with reserved cinnamon-sugar mixture, chocolate morsels and walnuts.
Cover with lid. Attach the gift tag and give it as a gift.

Batter Bowl Brownies

1 recipe Batter Bowl Brownie Mix
½ cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray Square Baker with vegetable oil. In
large bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, eggs, water and vanilla; mix until
well blended. Spread mixture into baker. Bake 35 minutes or until wooden
pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
Yield: 20 brownies

~*~BUMP~*~

Has anyone made the batter bowl brownies? I do this show at 4pm today so any advice would be welcomed. I'm thinking of trying it in the large bar pan and lessening the time (instead of using the 8 X 8 or 9 X 9). I just don't want the same disaster to happen at the show that happened to me yesterday. :(

I have never made this but was reading your post... did you bake this in the batter bowl? it looks like you were supposed to transfer it to something else.

Nope. I did it in the 8X8 (or is it a 9X9) pan as in the instructions. It stayed liquidy even after an hour in the oven. :eek:

My suggestion would be to agree with you... either the large bar pan or maybe the rectangular baker. Hopefully somebody else will be able to help you more than I can, having never made it.

I love the batter bowl brownies. If you have the recipe from CC than it's the right one. Be very careful when measuring things out. I had trouble the first time because you have to split the amounts for the layering. I wasn't sure if I had measured the correct amount the first time and I had re-measure one of the ingredients because I measured the whole amount instead of the split amount. It was annoying. I think I need to write the ingredients up the way it goes in the bowl instead of all lumped together. I'm sure they will turn out right the next time.

This is how I'd type it out for myself next time:
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup mini M&M's for baking
1 cup flour
Mix 1 teaspoon cinnamon with 2/3 cup sugar
1/2 white chocolate morsels
1/2 cup walnuts halves, chopped (skipping these because family dislikes)
Make sure you use large eggs. I read that if the recipe doesn't specify then you are supposed to use large. Measure the oil and water accurately, too. In baking you have to be accurate. I make mine in the square baker, and they are pretty thick.
Hope this works for you. It will.

I don't have my square baker to measure but a "box" brownie mix takes 35-40 minutes in a 9x9 and when you put it in the 8x8 it takes 50-55...there is quite a difference to get it to cook through.

I would do as JAE suggested and
1. check your ingredients and measurements
and then I suggest
2. check your oven temperature with a thermometer to make sure it was truly as needed...

Oh. My. Goodness. Well, my hubby measured my square cooker while I was out running errands with the kids and he said it's an 8X8. He said that means 20% more of the brownie mix is being piled on top. :eek: So like Janet said, that means a LOT more time than if it were a 9X9 pan. At 55-60 minutes it was still pretty liquidy. The PC square baker is 9X9. So I feel really dumb. :eek:

I have just enough time and enough ingredients to do it one more time before my show at 4pm so I'll just try the bar pan since I've heard it works really well on brownies. There are apparently 14 who will be at this party and since I'm still kinda new to all this, I just don't want to screw it up too much. I'm pretty sure the measurements were all correct. I'm kinda crazy in that I re-read everything several times before adding it to the recipe. Yet I've still been known to make mistakes. LOL!

Thanks everyone! I'll letcha know how it goes with the bar pan if I end up getting to that on top of everything else. :)

Do you think this recipe would work in the large bar pan???

Christ Follower said:
Do you think this recipe would work in the large bar pan???

I don't know, yet. I'll let you know once I find out. Heehee! I was told that 2 brownie mixes work perfectly in the large bar pan. I also filled my 8X8 pan with water and poured it into the bar pan and they have the same capacity. So once I try it out, I'll let y'all know what happened.

Just wondering how this turned out for you, LibrarianChef.

Well, I didn't have time to do it before my show, but at the actual show the second batch we did with the bar pan and they at least looked wonderful. The first batch she used an 8X8 pan and just did them for like 45-55 minutes. Then the bar pan she set the timer for either 30 or 35 minutes. She kept my bar pan because it was still FULL when I left because the 8X8 pan made plenty for her 13 guests. We just weren't sure how far they'd go. Anyway, I'll ask her if they tasted just as good as the thick ones.

I just made this tonight in the Large Bar Pan but haven't tried them yet. It was kind of awkward spreading it out, so I think I will premake them and just demo the "layering" part? IDK.

They took about 30 minutes in the Large Bar Pan.

I'm for sure doing at least 3 of these parties this month, so I need to get it right. I will practice the celebration cookies tomorrow.

The pumpkin bread smells and tastes great! Do you have the mini loaf pan? I sold three at the show I baked this at. I didn't put it together for them. I just showed the batter bowl with the layers that I made at home. I just mixed up the batter that the host had ready and put it in the oven when I was setting up before the show. I had to serve it warm, but it was still good.

What ingredients do I need for the Batter Bowl Brownie Mix recipe?

To make this delicious brownie mix, you will need 1 package of Pampered Chef Batter Bowl Brownie Mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, and 1/4 cup water.

Can I substitute the vegetable oil with another type of oil?

Yes, you can substitute the vegetable oil with an equal amount of melted butter or coconut oil. This may alter the texture and flavor of the brownies slightly, but it is still a delicious alternative.

How long should I bake the Batter Bowl Brownie Mix?

The baking time for the Batter Bowl Brownie Mix is approximately 30-35 minutes. However, it is important to check the brownies with a toothpick or knife to ensure they are fully cooked before removing them from the oven.

Can I add any additional ingredients to the brownie mix?

Yes, you can add your own mix-ins to the brownie mix such as chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly if you add a significant amount of additional ingredients.

Can the Batter Bowl Brownie Mix be made gluten-free?

Yes, the Batter Bowl Brownie Mix can be made gluten-free by substituting the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend. You may also need to adjust the amount of liquid used in the recipe to achieve the desired consistency.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MaryannNic