• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

HELP 30 minute chicken ?

KCPChef

Oct 15, 2009
OK I am doing the 30 minute chicken show on Monday at a show and my host just called and said Kroger had a 5.5 lb chicken on sale- I bought it for the show. Is it too big? I don't know what to tell her because I haven't made this yet. hat do you suggest? I don't want it to not work because then I will look really bad! Please let me know your thoughts with this recipe! Thanks :)

Chef Gilles

Gold Member
Jul 21, 2008
No matter what size the chicken, you should be checking the temperature witht the thermometer. A 5.5lb chicken would fit in the DCB.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
It may take a little longer than 30 minutes though...so I'd be sure to let guests know that while you are calling this the "30-minute chicken", a larger bird could take a few minutes longer. Unless you are doing like many consultants do- start the bird just before guests start arriving, so they smell it cooking, and then you can pull it out when it's done. The host can be the one to brag on seeing you put it in at a certain time. (Set your timer if you have one to 'count-up' and you can then show what time you started it.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I've done a larger bird before. Check it at 35 minutes....and take it from there. (it really depends on the wattage of the micro. It might be done in 35 min, but it also might take 40.)

luvmyfamily

Novice Member
Feb 6, 2010
I have done this chicken and it has been a huge success. People are always amazed at the fact that it is done in the microwave. I use the smoky bbq rub instead of the all the seasonings that they recommend in the recipe. It has the paprika in it so it still gives it that nice coloring and you get to talk about our pantry items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
s.cape
Replies
Views