• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What inspired you to rejoin Pampered Chef after a few years away?

In summary, the person was inspired to rejoin Pampered Chef due to their enjoyment of the company and products, a strong connection with a former mentor, and realizing their passion for the business. Their second time around has been more successful due to a positive attitude, high goals, and support from their mentor. They are a mother of 3 and a hairdresser, and they balance both roles through time management and support from their family and team. Their goals for Pampered Chef in 2008 include becoming a Director, recruiting and helping team members, and overall growth for their business.
PamperedJen76
Hello all! I finally found the newbie's intro section! HA! :)

My name is Jen and I was with the Pampered Chef about 4 years ago, for a year, then went inactive once we moved from Maryland to Tenn. My first show as a customer was done by Kathy Yellets (Exec. Director) and I've been connected to her ever since. We moved to TN in 2005 and Kathy moved to OK. I kept in touch with her here and there, once I went inactive I didn't hear from her too much. I needed a replacement part so I would contact Kathy. I needed a recipe, I knew who to email. Well, I lost my ooey gooey chocolate chip cheesecake bar recipe and I knew she'd have it, I emailed her. Kathy had moved to NC (even closer to me!) but she got me that recipe and then I hosted a catalog show for her. Which, by the time it was submitted, turned into MY show (actually my first 3 shows) because I signed up. I split it up into 3 and had a 4th to turn in, qualified pretty quickly. I just passed my 30 days, and in those 30 days I recruited 2 consultants, 1 who just qualified in her first 30 days. My 2nd recruit is well on her way to qualifying after only 2 weeks of being in biz. My 3rd recruit signed up last night, and before she had signed her agreement on my PWS, she already had bookings for 5 catalog shows. I have 2 more consultants waiting to sign up in May (1 is going on a cruise, the other is saving up her $$ and planning out stuff before she starts) so I fully intend and expect to make Director in MY 90 days and walk the stage at Wave 1 conference as Kathy's first director of 2008! :)

Needless to say, I'm just thrilled to death that my 2nd go-round of PC is turning out so much better. I truly believe I'm attracting more business and consultants because I have a more positive outlook about it this time, and more than just getting my kit, qualifying and then not being required to do much else past that. I have high goals for this business this time around and am SO thankful to still be a part of Kathy's team.

Now that I told you THAT story, a little about me.. I am a mom of 3 boys and a wife to a wonderful husband for 10 years now. The boys are 11, 8, and 6. I am also a full time hairdresser, and have worked in that field for 13 years. My family is from all over. I'm originally from Nebraska (Go Huskers!!) and my hubby is from Florida (where my dad lives and we met there) but my inlaws currently live in TN and we decided to move here to be closer to them. We lived in Maryland for 5 years (job for hubby) but are staying in TN for good, Lord willing. We are busy right now building a house on the property his parents gave us. Needless to say, my life is JAM PACKED right now, but even still I know I can do this business! I'm excited and so happy to have found this site. My newest recruit (pamperedchristy) found it and led me here.

If you've read all that.. thank you! Now that you know about me, I look forward to getting to know all of you better. 2008 is going to be a fabulous year for all of us!

hi what part of tn are you in, i live in springfield about 30 miles north of nashville. i have 3 children 12.10.4, been married for almost 13 years, and have been in this business since december 26th of 2007. not had alot of business other than in my first month, which i did qualify. but not having any luck doing anything before my 90 days is up. which will be in may. good luck to you on your journey.

I'm in Crossville, which is pretty much smack dab in the middle of Nashville and Knoxville on I-40, up on the Plateau.

Thanks Della, and good luck to you too! I am in a bit of a slump regarding booking right now, but that is okay. Putting the feelers out there wherever I can, almost everyone that sits in my chair knows I am selling Pampered Chef. I need to get better on my verbage though regarding "asking" people if they'll do a show for me :p

Do you have the list of 100? Have you listened to booking strategies from the pros? (CD you can order in your supplies.. awesome!) I would do these to get some motivation going. You can DO IT!! :)

Welcome to PC and CS.

Welcome aboard!!!

PamperedJen76 said:
I'm in Crossville, which is pretty much smack dab in the middle of Nashville and Knoxville on I-40, up on the Plateau.

Thanks Della, and good luck to you too! I am in a bit of a slump regarding booking right now, but that is okay. Putting the feelers out there wherever I can, almost everyone that sits in my chair knows I am selling Pampered Chef. I need to get better on my verbage though regarding "asking" people if they'll do a show for me :p

Do you have the list of 100? Have you listened to booking strategies from the pros? (CD you can order in your supplies.. awesome!) I would do these to get some motivation going. You can DO IT!! :)

yes i am well aware of crossville, my mom is from jamestown which is not too far from you. i don't have alot of contact info for people that i know. so it's kinda hard for me to do the 100 other than mailing something out,i've done emails and even mailed about about 20 or so mini catalogs, NOTHING, it's not that people don't know that i'm doing this, i just don't know. but know it will pick up one day.

I am moving to Hendersonville in the fall. I will need a hospitality director.

Darcia said:
I am moving to Hendersonville in the fall. I will need a hospitality director.

where are you moving from? hendersonville is only about 20 mins from here.

milwaukee, wi

Jen,
Hi! Welcome! I'm new here and to PC. Just started this month. You live about 30 minutes from me!!
God bless,
Amanda

icon_welcome.gif
Welcome to our little asylum. ;) Be sure to check out The Hitchhiker's Guide to CS and have a good time while you're here!

Wow! Sounds like you are off and running! How cool will that be to WALK at your first conference!!

Welcome to CS!

Wow Jen!:sing: I am impressed! Way to go girl!:D Work that business and you'll be going far with this company! You've already got the recipe to success figured out! Welcome again to PC and welcome to Chef Success!:thumbup: :balloon: ;)

Thank you all for the warm welcome!! jesusluvs you, where are you at??
Me and my team will probably have a hospitality director in Kingston once my ED sets it up for us, but you could be in Cookeville or elsewhere, lots of places 30 mins from me! :)

ChefDella said:
yes i am well aware of crossville, my mom is from jamestown which is not too far from you. i don't have alot of contact info for people that i know. so it's kinda hard for me to do the 100 other than mailing something out,i've done emails and even mailed about about 20 or so mini catalogs, NOTHING, it's not that people don't know that i'm doing this, i just don't know. but know it will pick up one day.

Yes it will pick up!!

Speak of things the way you want them to be, not as they are.

For instance, the night before last I was chatting in email with someone and they said, "I hope you had a great day at work" And I replied "I had an awesome day, and tomorrow is going to be even better!" (Reality was, I had ONE haircut on the book that day, and NONE for the next day) Guess what? I came into work with a FULL morning scheduled!! I did a $200 day when the day before it was a big goose egg. Now that's what I call positive speaking! :)

Keep plugging Della, it WILL pick up. .In fact envision your calendar BOOKED and people on a waiting list! When people ask how your business is going, tell them, "It's going great!" Instead of being negative.. you're not lying.. you're being positive.

PamperedJen76 said:
Yes it will pick up!!

For instance, the night before last I was chatting in email with someone and they said, "I hope you had a great day at work" And I replied "I had an awesome day, and tomorrow is going to be even better!" (Reality was, I had ONE haircut on the book that day, and NONE for the next day) Guess what? I came into work with a FULL morning scheduled!! I did a $200 day when the day before it was a big goose egg. Now that's what I call positive speaking! :)

Keep plugging Della, it WILL pick up. .In fact envision your calendar BOOKED and people on a waiting list! When people ask how your business is going, tell them, "It's going great!" Instead of being negative.. you're not lying.. you're being positive.

Jen thanks for the sweet encouraging words. i will have to start thinking more along those lines. getting some things ready today to take to the eye dr with me and to drop some things off at my local curves.

PamperedJen76 said:
Yes it will pick up!!

Jen just had to let you know that after reading this post for the rest of the day i was all positive about my business picking up, i did leave some stuff at the eye dr's office, and then only had time to go to the ballfield, while there i have a party that i will be scheduling tomorrow night if we are able to play then on my other son's team i have a mom who is going to do a catty show for me.. she said she lovvvvveeesssss pc stuff. the lady having a party for me will be a newbie to pc, so this will be fun. i am so excited and pumped just over these two things. i actually have left a few cattys over the past two weeks in some buggies at the grocery as i've been leaving. so i'm hoping to get something from that as well.

I'm happy to hear that Della!! AWESOME!!

oh and today called back to the eye dr about my glasses and one of the girls asked me if i was still going to be in pc in about a month and half, she wants to book a show when her house gets finished

1. What inspired you to rejoin Pampered Chef after a few years away?

My inspiration for rejoining Pampered Chef came from a combination of factors. Firstly, I had always enjoyed being a part of the company and the products. Secondly, I had a strong connection with my former mentor, Kathy Yellets, who continued to stay in touch with me even after I went inactive. Lastly, after hosting a catalog show for Kathy and seeing the success of my first 3 shows as a consultant, I realized that I had a passion for this business and wanted to make it a bigger part of my life.

2. What made your second go-round with Pampered Chef turn out to be more successful?

I believe that my second time around with Pampered Chef has been more successful because of my positive attitude and high goals for the business. I am attracting more business and consultants because of my enthusiasm and determination. I am also grateful to still be a part of Kathy's team and have her support and guidance.

3. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I am a mom of 3 boys and a wife of 10 years. I have been a hairdresser for 13 years and my family is spread out all over the country. I am originally from Nebraska, but my husband is from Florida where we met. We currently live in TN near my in-laws and are busy building a house on their property.

4. How do you balance being a full-time hairdresser and a Pampered Chef consultant?

It can be challenging at times, but I have found that time management and setting priorities is key. I make sure to schedule my Pampered Chef business into my day and prioritize tasks to make the most of my time. I am also fortunate to have a supportive family and team who help me balance both roles.

5. What are your goals for Pampered Chef in 2008?

I have high goals for my Pampered Chef business in 2008. I am aiming to become a Director in my first 90 days and walk the stage at Wave 1 conference as Kathy's first Director of 2008. I also plan to continue recruiting and helping my team members reach their goals. Overall, I am excited for the potential and growth that this year holds for my business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Ksiera
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sandy Vos
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
elyssarob65
  • LizJones