1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Hello from Ontario

1. Hi everyone. After setting up a paypal account and getting my funds transferred, I am finally here, lol.
    My name is Jenn (29) and I am from Ontario. I have 4 great kids and a great hubby too. I have recently became a consultant. I got my kit the beginning of March. So far I have done one kitchen show. I held a open house to get the word out about my business but it didn't go so well. I only had 3 ppl show up. I invited over 100 :eek: I just cleared $200 so at least it counts as a show :) I have a catalogue show that I am picking up today and another that I have to pick up later in the week. My 30 days are up on Apr 6th and I dont think I will make it to my $1500. I am finding it so hard to get people to book shows. I thought that my family and hubbys family would help out but they dont seem interested at all.
    Anyhow I am hopeful that things will pick up soon. Can't wait to get to know all of you! I think that this will be a great resource to help me with my business.

Mar 23, 2009
  2. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

Hi Jenn and welcome :)

Mar 23, 2009
  3. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

welcome Jenn! This is a great place to share!

Mar 23, 2009
  4. ChefEsther

ChefEsther Member Gold Member

Hi, Jenn, i am thinking that you are the same Jenn that I "spoke' with before??? lol I really am NOT stalking you. Glad that you decided to work with Robin & start your business!

Esther

Mar 23, 2009
  5. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

From one Ontario gal to another, welcome!

Mar 23, 2009
  6. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Welcome, from across the border! I know what you mean about family not being as supportive as you'd hope. My sister (the only who lives in the same state) hosted a show a couple of weeks ago - a year after I became a consultant!

Just get out there and keep working your business. You'll succeed if you have different sources of leads, anyway.

Mar 23, 2009
  7. Thanks so much everyone :) Yes Esther its me, lol.

Mar 24, 2009
  8. RossDeb2

RossDeb2 Member Gold Member

Hi Jenn. Welcome! What part of Ontario are you in? I'm in the Niagara Region.

Mar 24, 2009
  9. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

I live in the upstate NY area and Ontario, CA is about 2 miles (if you were a bird...but if you take the bridges, it is a bit longer!!) I live on the St. Lawrence River.

Welcome!

Mar 24, 2009
  10. I live in Guelph Ontario...Probably about 1.5 hrs away from Toronto I think :)

Mar 26, 2009
  11. tlag1986

tlag1986 Veteran Member Gold Member

Welcome! I wish you the best with your business. I hope spring comes for you soon as well.

Mar 26, 2009
  12. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Welcome. Don't get discouraged. Sometimes it takes a little while to build a host/client base.

Mar 27, 2009
Have something to add?