• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hello from NY

MaggieChef13

Novice Member
Nov 6, 2013
Hello everyone, Im Maggie. Im 24, single no kids and have a ton of student loans. I joined PC on November 5th. I had researched the company for a year and decided to join since Ive had bad luck with other jobs. I currently work at Mcdonalds 10pm to 6am. I have no support from my family. My brother even told me I am just wasting my money and time. The rest of my famaily and friends are bottom low income. I have one fair scheduled on the 23rd but no parties/ catalog parties yet. I really want this business to work. Of my list of 100, i have only 30? Many of my friends dont live in the US.

MaggieChef13

Novice Member
Nov 6, 2013
My boss at mcds said if i speak about pc she will fired me on the spot

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
I can tell you from experience that family are often the lease supportive of a direct sales business, so don't stress about that. And, while it's nice when the people at your day job appreciate PC, it's probably a good idea to keep those worlds separate, anyway. If you only have 30, talk to those 30. Outside of your day job, make sure you mention PC. You don't have to be pushy. If you mention it casually, the PC lovers out there will come out of the woodwork. It may time some time to build your business, but don't give up. Slow and steady is the best way to build a great base.

Do all of the online training. I also recommend reading Jefferey Gitomer, and Zig Ziglar (older books, but the ideas are timeless). You can probably get books by both authors at your library. (No need to spend a single dime.)

Best wishes!

ShellBeach

Veteran Member
Sep 5, 2008
I used to work nights, so I'll say most people want PC parties in the evening, which will be your "morning".
You have 3rd shift, which will work a lot better than 2nd shift. You are ahead of the game on that point. You can make calls before you go to work.

Don't stress about your boss saying that - it's normal, up to a point. If I was an employer, I would not want my employees working on a side business on my dime. You can talk about PC all you want on your breaks - but I wouldn't let the boss hear it.

Not sure where you can get parties, working at McD's you don't have a lot of money to spend on printing up flyers or giving away catalogs or pamper a business.
raebates is correct - you cannot depend on your family to get you business.

You are the perfect age to start this business! People starting out who do not have good quality kitchen tools NEED you. Can you do an open house at your place?